Dammed

Got my two 18" Q's!

I recieved my two Q's today and man they are big! Just love to look at them, and since they are so good looking some pictures had to be taken. :D

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

and then a attempt on art:

IMAG0049.jpg

But when I was fooling around with them, I noticed some black stuff on one of the magnets, is this something to worry about or?

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

the other one looks like this:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Edited by Dammed

:drink40:

Looks like a little bit of glue/epoxy ran down the pole. I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like art to me ;)

Did you get BP option on them? If so that's epoxy on the pole vent from gluing the plug in.

yeah they are gorgeous. Man I love the look.

Ok, man I'm relieved now, didn't want to send them back... But both of them have the BP installed, shuldn't they both have some black residue on them? And should I clean it, or should I just leave the magnets as it is?

Edited by Dammed

:fing34:

looks beautiful, you are going to be moving A LOT of air my friend

:trippy: <-- thats going to be you once they are installed bangin'

haha cant wait for the build log, have fun!

Looks like art to me ;)

Did you get BP option on them? If so that's epoxy on the pole vent from gluing the plug in.

i dont have that epoxy or w/e in mine.

if i had to take an educated guess based on the pics ive seen of bp plugs and the pole nick posted, i would say they are an interference or pressed fit.

ive been wrong before, but lets see what nick has to say

It is just some baby speaker making juice!!! HAHA!! It got over excited to start bumping!! Seriously though, it just looks like some sealant or glue. But email Fi and ask what they think. Have fun flexin windows!!!

Hehe, o yeah can't wait to install them. :D It will be amazing, and I'll be posting a build thread when it gets a bit warmer or I get a garage to work in. ;)

That's epoxy residue..had a few of the plugs come out so we back fill the whole back side of the plug and the motor...

I emailed you about what to do..little acetone and a paper towel will clean it right up and it definitely should have been taken care of in the shipping department.

My apologies.

tune those bad boys 30 and below.

Hey Nick, yeah I saw the mail. No problem, good to know that it's not a defect of some sorts. And thanks for the fast repIy. :)

I'm going to try a 20hz tuning at first, in WinISD it looked like it would be a really good flat response.

FiQ18LowPass2.jpg

The port will be a variable, so I can change it at any time from 20 to 40hz with 2,5hz intervals.