Mac N Cheese

Mac N Cheese's build log

I just need to order a waterproof one. I hopefully can install the fuse when I am instaling the HO alt. DC still hasn't send a delivery confirm yet? how about you?

nope not yet, payment was sent so i am guessing they are building them right as we speak....when i talked to him he said he could build it and ship in a single day.

I am so pumped on getting it...what does yours do at idle?

My payment cleared also. Iam SUPER EXCITED, plus I am waiting on two other boxes with my front drivers.

I don't know what my does at idle, But He said enough to piss off my engine at full tilt. I didn't order one off their menu, I just told Dave I was after a 220-250 amp and only wanted to spent 500. He said he would build me a 250xp for $525 shipped but didn't have the specs. I trust them So I think I am In good hands.trink40.gif

heres the pics, the wires for the 100.4 are still messy i need to clean them up a bit

gallery_7108_326_569404.jpg

gallery_7108_326_24686.jpg

gallery_7108_326_875202.jpg

funny how my 1/0 wire looks clean but not the 4ga, 18, for the 100.4 lol

gallery_7108_326_278302.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1427375.jpg

front plexi still not attached, still need to install fan

gallery_7108_326_986812.jpg

gallery_7108_326_723088.jpg

gallery_7108_326_926195.jpg

Alright guys, now you see my amp rack how it meets up straight with the box? what is a good way to connect them together? i used screws last time but it made a funny squeeking noise. I used hot glue and it didnt work the best but i think fiberglass resin would work great

also here i need help on these door panels here too

pics in a sec

If you want permanent I would use silicone, VERY SLIPPERY, No squeeky. Otherwise I would try a big patch of velcro or just put something rubber between them.

here is my original door panel and i want to somehow connect the JL grilles to the factory door panel

any ideas? i was just thinking a steady hand with a jig saw and hot glue it in but i am still trying to imagine if it will look good

what do you guys think? keep it stock? or add alittle touch?

gallery_7108_326_1151177.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1491821.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1683923.jpg

gallery_7108_326_156626.jpg

The wiring looks cleaner. You should secure the battery though.

How do the JL's sound?

crisp, alot louder with the tweets, clear, very pleased with them

the wire is clean for the 3000D but still not yet for the 100.4

whats a good way to secure it? block of wood plus L bracket

I would leave the factory grill if it where mine. I think the stacked grill would look bow-bow.peepwall.gif

I would leave the factory grill if it where mine. I think the stacked grill would look bow-bow.peepwall.gif

yeah i know what you mean, i wish the factory panel was an exact 6.5 because in the pic it would look funny

If it where my car, I would get a battery hold down with the j-bolts, THEN screw a short piece of 1" angle iron to the floor on both sides an hook the j-bolt through a hole in the angle iron. this way the battery will stay put in a wreck/rollover. easy to remove also.trink40.gif

If it where my car, I would get a battery hold down with the j-bolts, THEN screw a short piece of 1" angle iron to the floor on both sides an hook the j-bolt through a hole in the angle iron. this way the battery will stay put in a wreck/rollover. easy to remove also.trink40.gif

thats a good idea, thanks ill check it out at lowes

yeah i know what you mean, i wish the factory panel was an exact 6.5 because in the pic it would look funny

If the hole in the factory panel is restricting sound I might concider doing the stacked grill. I would just use machine screws to attact the JL grill to the door panel. I also recommend putting whetherstrip around the speaker to seal it to the door panel.

you can get angle iron at Blowes but you will need to go to an auto parts store for the battery tie down.

you can get angle iron at Blowes but you will need to go to an auto parts store for the battery tie down.

second that, thanks! :popcorn:

:captain: recieved it today...and was super excited, i was going to do 2 runs of 1/0 but decided on only doing a single now.....waterproof fuse holder plus fuse coming in the mail also.

ready to get this sucka in :captain::ohnoes9:

DC alt. next to a cup of joe :fing34:

gallery_7108_326_426416.jpg

absolute terrible pic, but i was trying to hold the alt. and take a pic :shrug:

gallery_7108_326_271938.jpg

^hard to do....hahah

Single run or 1/0 or should i do two?

gallery_7108_326_752212.jpg

Thats a pretty lookin bitch dude!

You might as well go two runs. It wont hurt.

Thats a pretty lookin bitch dude!

You might as well go two runs. It wont hurt.

it sure is a beast, well then if i do 2 lines then i will need another fuse holder

Knu Konceptz fuse holder plus free fuse came in today....and i ordered on saturday!!! i thought it wouldnt get here till next week :captain:

Always a plus :popcorn:

KnuKonceptz.com always sends it right away and it gets to you even faster :fing34: