Mac N Cheese

Mac N Cheese's build log

how are you attaching the fleece to the a pillar cover? ive wondered how to do that for a while now

x2, that is what i am using

just sanded with 60 grit and its coming together, there still is a couple certain spots where its not totally smooth so i will go back and fix those up

I would say probably one or two more coats of filler and sanding should do it

this pic has alittle too much light but you get it the picture

gallery_7108_326_617827.jpg

still gotta buff out some spots

gallery_7108_326_115178.jpg

either tonight i will apply the third coat or tomorrow morning, but most likely tonight

LETS GET THESE FINISHED!

3rd layer applied and is in the dryin process, i pulled out the finished one and found a couple flaws that i need to fix but shouldn't be too much of a problem. Overall they are getting closer and closer but i just need to remember to take my time or else i won't like the finished product. But i just want to get them finished before spring comes which is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! :drink40: but i am still in need for some rear components, any ideas?? i am looking for a well round speaker that will out due my bose which i have right now. I really want to go with the AA carbon fibers but still up in the air.

more pics coming tomorrow...break out that popcorn :popcorn:

:popcorn: This is looking real good Mac N Cheese I'm still here waiting for final product...

Hawk

:popcorn: This is looking real good Mac N Cheese I'm still here waiting for final product...

Hawk

quite alot of bumps in those pictures, but don't worry i just put a smooth coat...

this blue SSA theme is starting to grow on me

ohh shit....sorry about that nonsense, the last coat is dry and just got done hand sanding it and looks MUCH better than before, pulled out the one that was finished and patched a couple spots and re spray painted it and it will be done by tomorrow.

As for the passenger one, i will sand it again tonight and go from there

Wow just hand sanded again with 60 grit and it's SUPER darn smooth now. I added one more coat to finish it off. Pretty sure it will be complete tomorrow and sprayed tomorrow also.

Hah I hear ya. Alright so I just sanded once again and looked complete till I ran into a small section where i could feel the fiberglass underneath. So I put a heavy layer of filler over it and smoothed it out. I will let that dry till tomorrow morning and then go from there

It's simple mathmatics how i get those percentages...lol

Just got done spraying them, and one is still in the prcess of drying and will be ready soon

they look MUCH better when installed, will be putting them in later today and pics will be included

gallery_7108_326_78131.jpg

Still wet

gallery_7108_326_235068.jpg

98.26% completed :P

you should do a little step by step guide on how to fiberglass. ( i couldnt fully grasp it from the thread)

thanks bro! :woot::woot:

you should do a little step by step guide on how to fiberglass. ( i couldnt fully grasp it from the thread)

thanks bro! :woot::woot:

yeah i could do that :drink40:

if you put that body filler under a incandescent lamp/light bulb it will firm up in about 5 minutes because it is light sensitive.

:popcorn: .... Looking good there and almost finished...

Hawk

thanks, yeah one is completed and sitting here right next to me, now i just got to wait for the other to dry

if you put that body filler under a incandescent lamp/light bulb it will firm up in about 5 minutes because it is light sensitive.

yeah i did notice that when i had it in my screen room and the sun was beaming on it and it became solid in a couple minutes.

But i am waiting on the textured spray to dry, it's out in my garage right now, but i am going to bring it in the basement

Alright still waiting on the spray paint to dry, taking FOR EVER (quote from movie: Sandlot) hahaha

getting ready to go to work and tomorrow i have school ALL day so i will be back either tomorrow night or friday morning to get these done and pics up

STAY TUNED :popcorn:

:ehh::popcorn::drink40: