Mac N Cheese

Mac N Cheese's build log

What to do now? I'm sure your already trying to think of it. lol. I'm taking my time with my build to get maximum FUN.

Where were the tweeters mounted before? Do they sound better in this location? Looks good as usual.smile.gif

What to do now? I'm sure your already trying to think of it. lol. I'm taking my time with my build to get maximum FUN.

Where were the tweeters mounted before? Do they sound better in this location? Looks good as usual.smile.gif

i didn't have the tweeters mounted anywhere, but i did move them around and found the sweet spot for them

:thanx:

yeah i am doing alittle more planning, but mostly waiting for spring to come around the corner

UPDATE: so everything is totally out of my trunk, today in class i decided i want to get started on the highs so i needed to make room for alot of wire so i ripped out everything. I feel kinda depressed about it but thats besides the point lol. Tomorrow i am going to probably start cleaning up the wire, the 1/0, 4, and make it all nice and hide it right up to the amp rack. I ran into a little problem a couple days ago. I was listening at a relatively high vol and it seemed to cut back into a lower volume. It seemed like it got less loud. I no i am not going deaf either. But today when ripping everything out i moved the 3000D and heard a clink in the amp guts. So i opened up the back plating and found a screw lurking around. I found the missing screw hole and screwed it in. It was the side screw for holding the plates together and lining up the power, ground side. So i hope that is all that is wrong , i feeel pretty confident haah

Also am about to make a call this week for some new raw power :peepwall:

stay tuned

:popcorn: tuned in

:peepwall:

thanks yall, tomorrow is my day off so i am going to start the components. The thing i hate about it is, i really feel like doing it right now, so i will prolly loose some sleep tonight because thats what i am going to be thinking of

LOL, more of the addiction creeping in!

If I had a garage I would be deadening my doors right now. I know how you fell about the wire looking clean.smile.gif

thanks yall, tomorrow is my day off so i am going to start the components. The thing i hate about it is, i really feel like doing it right now, so i will prolly loose some sleep tonight because thats what i am going to be thinking of

Well get out there and start installing now and do your tuning tomorrow. Usually I install at night and tune during the day depending on how much work must be down. Good luck and cant wait for the pictures.

probably should get out there, but ill just get a good night sleep and be out early, system has only been out 4 hours and already sick of it not being there :shrug: hahaah

pics tomorrow

Well well well today was kinda a slow relaxing day, i didnt want to do too much work. All i accomplished was cleaning up the trunk, actually more work than i thought...hiding a boat load of wires is tricky lol. I ran two sets of RCAs so thats complete. Just got off the phone with a certain company and absolutely excited about going with there products. Work this weekend, but will be back friday morning with more pics...hopefully components will be in

gallery_7108_326_254486.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1071289.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1219463.jpg

test fitting

gallery_7108_326_133927.jpg

100.4's wires were a pain but will fix them when everything is back in :popcorn:

alright so i was going to start on the components today and ran into alittle problem. This is my first time messing with components so i am still trying to grasp the concept of it. I am switching out my front Bose speakers with a pair of JL CSI 6.5s and i am just confused on the Boses. I just need a second opinion, do i rip out all the wiring components, crossovers? you see those plugs above the stock crossover, do i just unplug those? or what? I am guessing i just have to ignore those and run my own JL crossovers. But what about those plugs do i just ignore them?

gallery_7108_326_200381.jpg

gallery_7108_326_902274.jpg

gallery_7108_326_430791.jpg

please give me some responces

thanks

Looks great, have you considered installing fans in the amp rack? I.E. one side blowing in other side blowing out, it would give it a pretty nice air current flow with the plexi installed. What did you use to mount the plexi on?

Looks great, have you considered installing fans in the amp rack? I.E. one side blowing in other side blowing out, it would give it a pretty nice air current flow with the plexi installed. What did you use to mount the plexi on?

yep i do have a fan it's just sitting in my room waiting till i rewire everything back up and then it will be installed..i used screws on the front plexi and then on the top i used velcro

bump for help :peepwall:

I would take out what you can (speaker, adapter plate if you dont need and Bose box next to speaker) but I wouldnt remove its factory wiring and the leave the plugs alone. Just my .02 in case you ever want to re install it for whatever reason all you have to do is screw it back in, then plug and play. Just one option, Im sure someone will chime in with another one.

bump for help :peepwall:

I would take out what you can (speaker, adapter plate if you dont need and Bose box next to speaker) but I wouldnt remove its factory wiring and the leave the plugs alone. Just my .02 in case you ever want to re install it for whatever reason all you have to do is screw it back in, then plug and play. Just one option, Im sure someone will chime in with another one.

i was thinking the same, alright thanks alot Jay...i appreciate the help

Not a problem, good luck with the upcoming install.

Looking good Brother. X2 on what Jay said, just bypass all the factory wiriring.

I wish I was there to help with the wiring as thats my FAVORITE part of an install.trink40.gif