Mac N Cheese

Mac N Cheese's build log

Looking good Brother. X2 on what Jay said, just bypass all the factory wiriring.

I wish I was there to help with the wiring as thats my FAVORITE part of an install.trink40.gif

haha yeah i need help on this i have absolutely no time...but i think i can squeeze in some time...alright thanks guys for the info, the build goes on

bump for help peepwall.gif

I would take out what you can (speaker, adapter plate if you dont need and Bose box next to speaker) but I wouldnt remove its factory wiring and the leave the plugs alone. Just my .02 in case you ever want to re install it for whatever reason all you have to do is screw it back in, then plug and play. Just one option, Im sure someone will chime in with another one.

x2. I personally would never cut any factory plug! Especially if you plan on selling or trading your vehicle in the future.

bump for help peepwall.gif

I would take out what you can (speaker, adapter plate if you dont need and Bose box next to speaker) but I wouldnt remove its factory wiring and the leave the plugs alone. Just my .02 in case you ever want to re install it for whatever reason all you have to do is screw it back in, then plug and play. Just one option, Im sure someone will chime in with another one.

x2. I personally would never cut any factory plug! Especially if you plan on selling or trading your vehicle in the future.

:+1: for the help guys, alright guys i am terrible at keeping things a secret, but i contacted DC power alternators today and i don't know which guy i talked to but he was super informative. It was actually funny because when he told me about the 275 xp alt. he said these were MONSTERS. haha it was funny. I told him about how last spring i ordered a powerbastards alt. he says " let me guess a fitzall 220amp" haha he knew right away. he said he has no words for that company...lol i love it. Anyways tomorrow i am placing an order for one and ready to keep my voltage high!!!

trust me, they get bored sitting in my room :ehh:

gallery_7108_326_634321.jpg

this is for the alternator to positive on the front bat. 2 runs of 1/0

gallery_7108_326_914469.jpg

:fing34:, glad to hear that

:fing34:, glad to hear that

yeah i am super excited. i guess these XP alts are MONSTERS that's what Rusty says :trippy:

well off to work, highs going in tonight :drink40:

Make sure you do that and pictures :peepwall:

well off to work, highs going in tonight :drink40:

Make sure you do that and pictures :peepwall:

ohh yeah forsure :popcorn:

DC POWER 275XP ALT. ORDERED!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! Now we both can go CrAzY wAiTiNg for alternators.wacko.gif

My factory alt. keeps shuting off when my cars RPMs are under like 1200, I just got the sub amp in a week ago, before that everything was normal.sad.gif SO I think I am in pretty gOOd hands with DC Power. biggrin.gif

DC POWER 275XP ALT. ORDERED!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! Now we both can go CrAzY wAiTiNg for alternators.wacko.gif

My factory alt. keeps shuting off when my cars RPMs are under like 1200, I just got the sub amp in a week ago, before that everything was normal.sad.gif SO I think I am in pretty gOOd hands with DC Power. biggrin.gif

i can't wait till the monster gets here...i feel bad running my shit alt. right now....but i have to have patience

HIGHS COMPLETED! OFFICALLY....but door panels still off lol

ok so yesterday i was outside from 10am to 6pm finishing up everything....i mean put everything back in plus the highs in the front. They sound much better, crisp and get a tad louder too..which is great and its not even tuned yet either. PICS ARE COMING JUST WAIT. All i need now is some heavy duty glue or idk something because my MDF amp rack attaches to my box and i want something to grip them together. Any ideas????

funny situation this morning....so i have class at 10:15 and i overslept till 9:30am and i ran to my car and i remembered i had to fill up my gas tank because i was over 20 miles on E. So i go to the gas station and look at my door panel to open the gas handle and noticed it wasn't there. I forgot i took off the door panel and thats the only way to open my gas tank. I was pissed because by the time i got to school i was over 40 miles on E so i was shitting my pants. So later my dad brought my door panel/gas to me so i could open it back up...haha stupid of me to forget but funny also.

pics coming tonight :popcorn:

double runs of 1/0 to DC alt. trippy.gif

Or get 1/0 thats rated for 300amps. My HO alt is only 250amp so I am good with the wire I have, I just need to install a fuse on alt wire.trink40.gif

double runs of 1/0 to DC alt. trippy.gif

Or get 1/0 thats rated for 300amps. My HO alt is only 250amp so I am good with the wire I have, I just need to install a fuse on alt wire.trink40.gif

is it really necessary to install a fuse line from the alt. to the battery? i mean i hear people doing it and not doing it

could someone clarify that for me

thanks

I personally have never fused it before, but think it might be a good Idea with the HO. this way if something happens its isolated. Cheap insurance I guess.

Yeah usually a fuse is for a wires protection and to protect anything on its path if something were to happen.

Yeah usually a fuse is for a wires protection and to protect anything on its path if something were to happen.

yeah def. a good idea to invest in another one, thanks guys

I figure IF the alt frys or shorts then everything else is safe including my equipment. IF something else frys or shorts then my 500 dollar HO alt is safe. Like I said cheap insurance.trink40.gif

I figure IF the alt frys or shorts then everything else is safe including my equipment. IF something else frys or shorts then my 500 dollar HO alt is safe. Like I said cheap insurance.trink40.gif

definitely :peepwall:

I just need to order a waterproof one. I hopefully can install the fuse when I am instaling the HO alt. DC still hasn't send a delivery confirm yet? how about you?

I just need to order a waterproof one. I hopefully can install the fuse when I am instaling the HO alt. DC still hasn't send a delivery confirm yet? how about you?

nope not yet, payment was sent so i am guessing they are building them right as we speak....when i talked to him he said he could build it and ship in a single day.

I am so pumped on getting it...what does yours do at idle?