Doctor Q

Window Tint Picture Thread

id stay at 5% and dont tint your front window i have 2% on the sides and 20% on the front window i get pulled over all the time

2% - 5% it all looks about the same. If you are smart about it you should have problems. The law here for front windows is give or take 43% (which is light) and I have no problems

id stay at 5% and dont tint your front window i have 2% on the sides and 20% on the front window i get pulled over all the time

2% - 5% it all looks about the same. If you are smart about it you should have problems. The law here for front windows is give or take 43% (which is light) and I have no problems

dont come to va the tint laws are 50% for fronts and 35% rears which is slowing me down from getting tints 50% is to light not to mention a waste of money i'll most likely go for 35% all the way around and just look out for the cops

dont come to va the tint laws are 50% for fronts and 35% rears which is slowing me down from getting tints 50% is to light not to mention a waste of money i'll most likely go for 35% all the way around and just look out for the cops

damn that sucks, whats the point to limit the rears to 35%?

thats what im thinking and exactly why i havent got my car tinted yet plus the shops are stupid expenslive 300$ for tints nah i'll pass

thats what im thinking and exactly why i havent got my car tinted yet plus the shops are stupid expenslive 300$ for tints nah i'll pass

that sucks, my buddies shop does it for $25 a window

i dunno.. i wouldn't go less than 15% cause i don't know anyone who is gonna roll down their windows at every intersection. i like to know that a driver sees me and i see them. i like being shrouded in mystery but shrouded in car parts isn't worth the uv protection.. in my opinion

that sucks, my buddies shop does it for $25 a window

around here its double that. :suicide-santa:

i would be all over it for 25 a window...

post 300!

im sure you could get away with 35% in VA... i visit VA alot and i have 15% all around and never been stopped. just have to be smart... MOST of the time as long as you are doing everything else you are supposed to (signals, not speeding, not driving recklessly, etc) cops wont bother you for your tint... MOST OF THE TIME..... but if you are lets say going 10 over, they will pull you for that but then get you for your tint while they have you pulled.... atleast thats worked for me so far. whenever i see a cop i make sure im doing everything else right, turn my system down, and cruise by with my dark windows :shrug:

when you say 20% on the front, i assume you are referring to your windshield?

im sure you could get away with 35% in VA... i visit VA alot and i have 15% all around and never been stopped. just have to be smart... MOST of the time as long as you are doing everything else you are supposed to (signals, not speeding, not driving recklessly, etc) cops wont bother you for your tint... MOST OF THE TIME..... but if you are lets say going 10 over, they will pull you for that but then get you for your tint while they have you pulled.... atleast thats worked for me so far. whenever i see a cop i make sure im doing everything else right, turn my system down, and cruise by with my dark windows :shrug:

Come to Northern VA just out side dc the cops are a dicks when it comes to tints and I do drive normal but when i plan to get tint just goin to keep the front windows down 24/7 lol and i try not to do over 5 when cops are present

yea the windshield my bad its a whole nother world inside my car. duran i do know that and thats rather rude.

Edited by steveo50

yea the windshield my bad its a whole nother world inside my car. duran i do know that and thats rather rude.

so you have about 2% on everything except windshield and you have 20% on that... if that info is right then i got a few questions:

1. How did you get 2% Was it a 5% film you used but metered dark or did you double layer like (2) 15% films or what

2. If you have 20% on your windshield same question.. what film did you use? was it a 20% film or was it like a 30% that metered lower?

3. You got 20% on your windshield, so how is driving at night, driving in rain, and driving where there arn't many lights?

4. Final question, what type of films do you have.. ex) Suntek Carbon or Llumar ATX or something like that.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I get it right the first time around.

Thanks,

Alex

1. i had 15% film on the car when i got in then put a 5% film over that, via police and the meter he used thats 2% i think the tint is llumar for all my windows 2.the front is just 20% film the whole windshield 3.i have h.i.ds so its not to bad at night or in places with no street lights driving in the rain SUCKS!

here is a pick next to my bros fish bowl audi 001.jpg

dam, thats nice. well i think im pretty set on 5% on sides and back and still debating the windshield...atleast getting 50% but I think I might go with 35% because the guy is only charging me $40 for it so i can always redo it 50% whereas the other place was asking like $150.. yeah right haha.

im going to be waiting until around april to get the tint done so anyone that has pictures of dark tint could still help me decide..

thanks everyone

5% all the way around. The windshield will be 35% next week :D

dsc01191l.jpg

dsc01196l.jpg

hey charger, have you gotten the windshield done yet? im interested to see how it looks now if you dont mind posting some pics. thanks man.

With 5% all around, you don't need to do the windshield.

People in front of you can't see nothing with 5%. Maybe if you have an all black interior.

25 or 35 % is too light : people see you from every angle, but you still have solar protection.

Remember that after 2 or 3 years, the tint can start to be lighter.

Next year I will re-do my car with 5% for the back windows, and 10 to 15 % for the front windows, nothing, never, on the windshield( it's forbidden here).

With 5% all around, you don't need to do the windshield.

People in front of you can't see nothing with 5%. Maybe if you have an all black interior.

25 or 35 % is too light : people see you from every angle, but you still have solar protection.

Remember that after 2 or 3 years, the tint can start to be lighter.

Next year I will re-do my car with 5% for the back windows, and 10 to 15 % for the front windows, nothing, never, on the windshield( it's forbidden here).

if by "forbidden" you mean illegal, well yeah... its illegal in ANY state.

after some thought, i think im going to go 5% all around and 50% on the windshield because that won't affect my visibility but will keep sun heat and uv rays out which is more important for the shield... fir the sides and back i wanted that but also privacy.

The installer used SolarGard HP Supreme 4% That is the exact same tint he installs on the local DEA and DTF cars. I got a brow on it too, but nothing too crazy. The local police don't care about the tint, but state troopers have fits. This is on a very sunny day with white leather interior, and my idiot self has armor all on the windows :(

100_0338.jpg

100_0337.jpg

The installer used SolarGard HP Supreme 4% That is the exact same tint he installs on the local DEA and DTF cars. I got a brow on it too, but nothing too crazy. The local police don't care about the tint, but state troopers have fits. This is on a very sunny day with white leather interior, and my idiot self has armor all on the windows :(

100_0338.jpg

100_0337.jpg

whats wrong with having Armor All on the windows? its ammonia-free isnt it?

yeah, but I put it on the outside to get rid of water spots. It smears like crazy :)

yeah, but I put it on the outside to get rid of water spots. It smears like crazy :)

oh okay haha gotcha. my seatbelt on my driver side flung up the other week and scratched the tint and there is a hole about the size of the tip of a sharpie (pretty small) but I was wondering if i ever double layered on that window would that create like a bubble or anything? im pretty much set on what im doing.... i have 15% all around now and i was going to add a layer of 5% to the back side windows and rear window and then for the front 2 i was either going to also add a layer of 5% or i was going to strip the 15% and put down a layer of 5%.... I rather go with just adding a layer of 5% to everything but I have two worries. 1) If the tint will stick properly and last bc of the tiny tiny hole and 2) if it will be too thick for the windows to work properly and easily..... also doing a layer on shield of 50%.

I Live in VA and have 20% all the way. I thought about doing 5 in the back, but that would make it way obvious. In my area the cops are really stingy about it. I have a very large open SUV so it doesn't look THAT dark, but it still is. Whenever I sit next to a cop I roll the windows down, and so far I'm ok. Knock on wood.

Whatever you get just be careful. Good luck.

Got my jeep wrangler tinted today :P

dsc0006ck.jpg

dsc0005o.jpg

dsc0004w.jpg

dsc0002ho.jpg

Edited by stefanhinote