Alright.. just placed my order for a 18" BTL fully loaded yesterday, i already have a Sundown SAZ1500D.. im worried its not going to be enough power.. maybe im wrong? lol.. what else is out there that isnt outrageous in price but does its job? im lookin for over a 2000 rms amp. and needs 1 ohm stability. Like i said.. maybe my sundown will work fine.. but with all the damn money im dumpin into this build as far as battery's, wires, alternator and all that good stuff, i want to really get this BTL movin.

you could get another 1500D and strap them together. i'm sure that'd get it moving as long as you're careful with it.

Would a 220 amp alternator, 1 kinetik hc2000 and 1 kinetikhc1800, all 0 gauge wire be considered a solid electrical bank?

also, if i strap them together i lose the 1 ohm stability, correct? that would put me at 2ohm stable. I ordered the dual 2ohm BTL and for a while its going to be the only sub.

Edited by smashedz28

Would a 220 amp alternator, 1 kinetik hc2000 and 1 kinetikhc1800, all 0 gauge wire be considered a solid electrical bank?

yeah that should be efficient, make sure to get a volt meter and keep an eye on it also

Sounds good, i guess i could just stick with the amp i have and wait for my speaker to arrive and see what I have before i go buying something i may not need. thanks mac, always helpful bro :)

hey man I would stick with the saz1500 if i were you!! hell it can do 1970 rms at ideal conditions lol!! (12.8volts)

Uniform Amp Clamp Test - SSA Car Audio Forum

but if you REALLY want more power you could always look into the saz2000 or 2500!! and once the 2500 hit the shelf I imagine ppl will want to sell there saz 2000's to upgrade to the 2500!!

but seriously you already have the 1500 so just roll with that!

aqx3500.1

Keep in mind that even under ideal conditions you would have to double your power to gain 3db in output, which is an audible but not dramatic increase in sound. After you factor in power compression & other factors, even doubling power will yield less than a 3db increase.

I didnt see that thread on the clamp test's with the sundowns .. man.. maybe this 1500 will be enough lol.. those amps keep getting better and better the more i read, its still in a box in my room, cant wait to get all the stuff and get this thing put together.. first build of my life i have taken my time on lol.. usually ill rush right out and start throwin shit together.. this one is gonna be special i hope :) never ran more than 1 battery, never upgraded my alternator, never even used 1/0 in an install yet. out of all my install's i think ive had 1 set of garbage 15's along time ago that were so beat on.. most of what ive used is 12's (kicker's mainly, a set of RE SR12's and some JL 10's) .. think this 18 is gonna be alot more than im expecting :)

impious, i dont plan to compete or anything, probably wont ever get it measured with only 1 btl. I just hear about people throwin alot of power to those btl's. Just made me think i needed more, but there is no way to tell that for sure until i hear it first. thanks for all your info, i really appreciate it :)

Edited by smashedz28

I didnt see that thread on the clamp test's with the sundowns .. man.. maybe this 1500 will be enough lol.. those amps keep getting better and better the more i read,

Keep in mind a clamp test isn't a very useful or accurate method for testing amplifier power. To the average user (such as yourself), the numbers stated in that thread are pretty useless.

impious, i dont plan to compete or anything, probably wont ever get it measured with only 1 btl. I just hear about people throwin alot of power to those btl's.

That was my point :) Increasing power is most useful to competitors where tenths of a decibel can be important. To the average user (such as yourself) even doubling power output won't result in a significant audible benefit, especially when considering the added expenses. But people lose sight of this fact because of all the attention raw power figures are given on the internet.

Also was mentioning it to point out that if you have a 1500w amp now and you want to significantly increase audible output don't run out and buy a 2kw or 2500w amp as it won't make a much if any audible difference and all you'll have accomplished is spending money for pretty close to nothing.

why don't you get another 1500 and strap them you will have enough power then

:wtf: enough power then? that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense

because i bought the dual 2 ohm BTL.. that leaves me at 1 ohm or 4 ohm's. strapping them gives me the power ill want at 2 ohms... I think i understand what your getting at impious.. so if i wanted to step up and make a noticeable difference i would probably have to go with another speaker rather than giving it another 500 watts or so..? is that correct?

because i bought the dual 2 ohm BTL.. that leaves me at 1 ohm or 4 ohm's. strapping them gives me the power ill want at 2 ohms... I think i understand what your getting at impious.. so if i wanted to step up and make a noticeable difference i would probably have to go with another speaker rather than giving it another 500 watts or so..? is that correct?

Or try a different enclosure ;)

Your amp is still in the box ? Try it, play with it in your car.

You will probably be very happy with it :) As I am with mine !!!

I went from the saz1000 to the saz 1500 on my xcon, with the same box : the difference is very ... audible !!! You can feel it too !!! But that is a 50% increase of power.

But, if you need to sell it later, people would want to see it play! They will want to be sure it works well. So : use it !!!!!!!!!!!