keetykush

I Got The Wrong Speaker

you can buy one for $20-$25. No need to go crazy, but in this hobby you will need one. It's priceless.

x2, I havent looked back ever since I bought a DMM and it came in handy (thought I would only use it once but it gets plenty of use). Didnt think I needed one but yeah you will even if it is just to measure your battery, alternator, speakers, set your amp up, etc.

I understand that : you ordered right , you paid and got a wrong item.

Now they tell you to go mesure with a DMM !

It's a pitty, but We're all humans and make mistakes.

Send a message to IA, they will take care of you, for sure !!!

I have no access or cash to use one, it would be a lot simpler if I just knew it was labeled wrong or right. How much is a DMM and where to I get one?

You can get one at Wal-Mart for like $15.

I have no access or cash to use one, it would be a lot simpler if I just knew it was labeled wrong or right. How much is a DMM and where to I get one?

You can get one at Wal-Mart for like $15.

And on top of that if a 200 dollar subwoofer is in your budget but you cant afford $15 for a DMM then something is wrong here. Just my .02. Not trying to judge. Just stating an observation.

I don't have the money to check for someone's mistake, I'm not responsible for that.Note, I'm not mad... I just want to get everything installed already. No need to get hostile because I don't want to buy a DMM,its not a item I necessarily need.

I don't have the money to check for someone's mistake, I'm not responsible for that.Note, I'm not mad... I just want to get everything installed already. No need to get hostile because I don't want to buy a DMM,its not a item I necessarily need.

If I took a poll I would imagine 98% of people would say they needed a DMM when it comes to Car Audio. Just putting that out there.

Note, I said " necessarily needed" meaning not that I wouldn't want one in the future. Its not really another item I feel the absolute need for at the time.

Edited by keetykush

Well you kind of do need one right now. I know my DMM has been useful more times than I can count. Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

How do you know it's the wrong woofer? It probably shipped in the wrong box, they could have re-used a box.

How do you know it's the wrong woofer? It probably shipped in the wrong box, they could have re-used a box.

x2, regardless of what my box and sub (or speakers) says if it has markings on it I still measure it with the DMM first.

if you do contact them, ia will probably want you to check the coil readings with a dmm..

Good post Shizzon. +1.

Good post Shizzon. +1.

x2, now I know all of the uses for a DMM for my needs.

im going to have to agree that you need one DMM.

i dont even do that mush car audio , and i have 3 of them !

in my opinion if you own a car, you should have a DMM.

not only that put you can use a DMM to check something as simple as a AA Batt. i know i have before!

i gotta buy a new dmm like every few months... It seems Sears' dmms under $50 are crap... either that or i'm too loud since i keep em all in the car.

only i have problems with reliability though.. it's prob the 155db+, lol

My harbor freight special works perfectly and it's pure Chinese shit. You are spending too much Shizz.

My harbor freight special works perfectly and it's pure Chinese shit. You are spending too much Shizz.

Craftsman FTW! :)

Ironically, the one I got isn't working... the readings are going all crazy( unless I'm doing something wrong).

the ones i buy are usually in the $25-30 range. the last one i bought, soon as i got home, noticed the vAC function doesnt even work... figures... I ALWAYS get the screwed up dmms...

I have another one that can't read resistance or vDC... then i got a free one that doesnt read any volts or resistance... Kinda makes me wonder if Rd Audio is behind the engineering :peepwall:

Ironically, the one I got isn't working... the readings are going all crazy( unless I'm doing something wrong).

User error.

You should be using the DC Resistance function.

I used every setting on the DMM and it was very inconsistent, what should the reading typically be for a d2 and a d4... on each side?

I used every setting on the DMM and it was very inconsistent, what should the reading typically be for a d2 and a d4... on each side?

You need to be using the ohm symbol. A D2 will read ~1.4 ohms per coil, and a D4 will read ~2.4 ohms per coil.