stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

Good to see that box being used. Who's truck is that? How did the horn installation go?

Supposedly i did something right this time...

Since i got some really sensitive tweeters, i have started lowering the amplitude of my music.

No need to have it at max potential since the user can just turn the volume up more if need be.

I want you guys to check this out... 

The Harlem Shake.. LOW LOW Style :)

https://www.box.com/s/6s0lgnm7rssf08dyf71h

Shake the car apart!

Good to see that box being used. Who's truck is that? How did the horn installation go?

Very well built box! haha. It went pretty well actually. Was very intimitdating at first though. Never installed horns before. So I really didn't know how to plan or where to begin. Ideas starting popping in my hand as soon I just put the damn tools in my hand lol. Took maybe two hours total. Including a lunch and stop to Lowes. They sound very good!! Loud but oh so clear. I suppose a few world sq vehicles have won with these exact models. So that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Also, I don't think I'll be needing any other tweets ever again!! hahaha.

How did you end up mounting them? It seems like every car I have installed horns in has been different.

How did you end up mounting them? It seems like every car I have installed horns in has been different.

I will be uploaded pics/videos here shortly to show. But essenstially I grab some mounting straps, and fastened with a screw from the horn's ears to a kindly placed piece of my vehicle, then supported it with zip tied motor to whatever was under there.

Tuned in for Senchez to post up pics and vids

!

Build log updated!!

Sean, the link is no worky

it works fine here even when i'm logged out of the hosting site.. 

Maybe you need to be on a computer, i dont know?

Link isn't working for me either

Works for me on the pc.

Does not on mobile however.

I'm on mobile....not working

PC is not up atm

Well, I finally opend up my boxes today & found out that I was sent dual 4's instead of dual 2's. Rather than send them back & pay for shipping I am just gonna run what I have. I don't think the difference in power is significant enough to wait or worry about it.

Well, I would either be @ .33 or 1.3 with d4's or .66 with d2's. I am running a SAZ3500v.2 on the 6 15E's in 24cu net tuned to 32hz. I planned on .66 with d2's & was trying to pull as much safe power as possible. Running @ .33 just worries me.....even with a XS D3400, 2 XP3000 & a 275alt

Do not run .33 man. Not worth it... now that gives u an excuse to add a couple more d4s to the box :)

well i finally got my price quote on recones.

Looks like i will have 2 different recones 2 for the 12 spoke basket and 2 for the 6 spoke.

Shits expensive man sigh.gif.

But will still get them.

they will just have to wait until i upgrade my phone and fix the bags on my truck.

Outa nowhere i get the saggy booty ride, thinking about just getting it lifted.

Saggy booty FTL :(

lifted would be nice, its what I'm going to do.

well i already have the tires for it 315/70/17

I dont need 8"s tho too big for the ladies to ride lol

maybe 4-6. Just a spring and a cup with the bags still on the front seems like a cheap alternative.

Saggy booty ftl:(

Wrong vc ftl too..(

Makes my blown head gaskets seem like par for the coarse. :(

Come on March, don't be acting line this!

IMAG0484_zps1a0e26b7.jpg

20130319_181529_zps72d0f9fd.jpg

On Michael's truck the I and part of the K was wrinkled and twisted a hair.  I tried to fix it but didn't help much.  Probably partially my fault.  It was a sunny day and got excited to put it on and the window was a little cold still.  On my truck I preheated the glass with a heat gun and came out perfect.  I may pick up another team IAK for Michael when I see you next.  It works for now though.

Thanks for sending them!

I always fail at doing those... 

About 40% i do decent but the rest.. there is always that one little spot that forms a bubble.. 

I slide them out with a card and everything slowly but never fails.

Crown Black & Coke FTMFW!!