thefordmccord

Please, don't use UPS...

If you are thinking about shipping something, please don't use UPS.

That is all.

Oh, and I just received the 8th sub broken by UPS in the last two years.

That is all.

damn thats bad luck....i support USPS because thats where my parents work :drink40::werd_msword:

I sent two enclosures with UPS and both of them got banged up...one was a write off

and they screwed me on the insurance claim

I mean, how do you drop a box hard enough to do this??

PIC-0014.jpg

PIC-0015.jpg

Sorry for the crap pics. I left my camera at work.

edit:

i guess it would make a nice passive radiator. lol

Edited by thefordmccord

That is some shitty luck.

Hey I use ups, fedex is worse. The not only screwed up the cone on one of my 21's but shattered the basket broke off the motor, cracked the magnets.

So I give ups a thumbs up for never screwing anything up on me. I've had nothing but good luck with ups and nothing but bad with fedex

i hate oops ( what i call them) with a passion, they have messed up many shipments to me, fed ex all the way lol usps suck to messing up my gf's mail for 2 mo now $350 check floating in limbo

The problem arises when motors are shipped already attached to the basket. It just doesn't work to have 60 or so lbs. dangling from the top of the shipping carton, that's why TC ships all their woofers in two parts.

Damn man that sux! I have never had any problems with UPS. But then again I have never bought any seriously large heavy subwoofers! I hope your luck improves.

Damn that is tough, I hope you get everything worked out real soon.

I have had bad luck with all three my self But at the same time good luck... So I guess it's just luck of the draw... :popcorn: I mean they didn't just drop that sub but maybe slammed it on the ground.... :suicide-santa:

damn i didnt need to read this thread right now LOL.. missed the ups guy this morning with my Fi BTL 18" sub.. they are gonna try and deliver it again tomorrow.. i hope they dont mess up my shit, i might tackle the ups guy if it is :)

damn i didnt need to read this thread right now LOL.. missed the ups guy this morning with my Fi BTL 18" sub.. they are gonna try and deliver it again tomorrow.. i hope they dont mess up my shit, i might tackle the ups guy if it is :)

you shouldn't worry, they pack them very solid

I used to deal with shipping on a daily basis...

It kinda goes back and forth between the two companies though.

"X" carrier will blame the shipper for insufficient packaging and the shipper

blames the carrier for rough handling....

Check contents before signing. (if you have the opportunity)

That way if it's damaged you can refuse the package and start a claim right then and there.

My UPS man hates me for it but I rarely get screwed.

I keep thinking of the part of the movie Pet Detective where Jim Carey is the UPS guy kicking the crap out of a box

all the way through the building...

"It sounds broken."

"Most likely sir!"

:lol:

3 weeks ago I bought a used projector on ebay, and it was a working model. So when it arrived through ups i hooked it up it turns on for a minute and then i see smoke coming out the front, I take it apart and the mirror inside was shattered, and the bulb was burning a hole. So I had to get get a custom made mirror. grr at them.

I mean, how do you drop a box hard enough to do this??

PIC-0014.jpg

PIC-0015.jpg

Sorry for the crap pics. I left my camera at work.

edit:

i guess it would make a nice passive radiator. lol

I can one up that, unfortunately. :( I custom made a home theater sub for a guy down in Atlanta. I packed the absolute hell out of that thing. It came to him destroyed. I don't mean it had dents in it either..... It came back to me so messed up that the driver was out the enclosure, the macined cones on the bottom were pushed THROUGH the MDF, and the top of the box (also mdf) was TORN down the middle. Every try to tear MDF? Can you even begin to imagine how that happened? I have become afraid...very afraid of UPS since then.

Not to mention:

Failed to reserve signature on a $2800 Krell CD player I shipped to Brooklyn that the recipient *magically* did not receive. It took me over a month to get paid on that one.

Dropped a high dollar Onkyo receiver I mailed to a guy in TN.

Destroyed a set of Magnepan 10.1s I shipped to NJ

Sorry to hear about the disappointing arrival of new equipment though.

got some horror story's here, mac n cheese, thanks, ive seen pics of all the guys who get their Fi products.. box looks built like a tank. hope this is the case with mine :)

That is all.

Why didnt you stop after say the 2nd or 3rd sub..... you are not saying this on your 8th sub lol. Request to not use UPS when you order subs.

Why didnt you stop after say the 2nd or 3rd sub..... you are not saying this on your 8th sub lol. Request to not use UPS when you order subs.

I would request it and they would still show up by UPS. Oh well...