flint_810

Back Seat Problem

i have a 1998 buick century im getting a box build for my trunk for an 18 inch BTL, but one problem my back seat dont let down. i can't take it off because i have kids just wanting to know from you guys would that 18 still sound good with back seat being up?

i would be more worried about trunk space...do u have enough space for that 18's correct sized enclosure? if so then having the back seat up is not much of a big deal, u could possibly "port" the rear speaker deck to allow air into the cabin tho.

i would be more worried about trunk space...do u have enough space for that 18's correct sized enclosure? if so then having the back seat up is not much of a big deal, u could possibly "port" the rear speaker deck to allow air into the cabin tho.

yea i thought about porting the rear speaker deck but i currently have four 6x9's mounted. but the box im having built for da 18 is a ported 7cf box i just need something ridiculous for my trunk air space and thought one 18 would do the trick alot of ppl was saying that two 15's wouldnt sound good due to my trunk air space so i thought about 0ne 18

yea i thought about porting the rear speaker deck but i currently have four 6x9's mounted. but the box im having built for da 18 is a ported 7cf box i just need something ridiculous for my trunk air space and thought one 18 would do the trick alot of ppl was saying that two 15's wouldnt sound good due to my trunk air space so i thought about 0ne 18

or.....

do like me and put it on ure back seats :D

edit* ahh u have to use ure back seats, my bad :P

3-3.jpg

Edited by tobio

96% of trunked cars with systems in them have the back seats up. It will be fine.

tobio - be careful, that box could be a lethal weapon if in a wreck. Boxes NEED to be bolted down.

tobio - be careful, that box could be a lethal weapon if in a wreck. Boxes NEED to be bolted down.

x2

Plus it'll look better :P

You will be fine with the sub firing in the trunk with the seat up. The sub will probably even be louder firing into the closed up trunk. You won't win any SQ comps but if you have 4 6x9s in your back deck I don't think you care anyways. Good luck.

x2

Plus it'll look better :P

i know, i know :P. but its pretty solid where its at now, cant rly bolt it down cos its a company car, even though the sub is like destroying my car, check out this vid haha

the whole roof like vibrates around

You will be fine with the sub firing in the trunk with the seat up. The sub will probably even be louder firing into the closed up trunk. You won't win any SQ comps but if you have 4 6x9s in your back deck I don't think you care anyways. Good luck.

i'd appreciate the info man you think if i took one set of 6x9's out and make the rest of the rear deck a port because i have 3 sets of tweeters or would it be better just the way i got it because i know more port area = more bass

Is that 7ft^3 before any displacements or after displacements? Make sure you have room for airflow too, I would personally go with a 15".

Is that 7ft^3 before any displacements or after displacements? Make sure you have room for airflow too, I would personally go with a 15".

second the 15, also room for amps, batts..

second the 15, also room for amps, batts..

yea its hard to say between one 15" or 18" what would be better for my car, wish i had a truck just want the most bass out of a single sub that's why i wanted to go with fi but my installer needs my car for the whole day he said to build my box so i got time just need the right woofer

Well just no the most bass you can get from a single sub is the one in its recommended enclosure. So throwing an 18" in there in a cramped box will be outperformed in a 15" in the right enclosure, so the decision is yours.

Well just no the most bass you can get from a single sub is the one in its recommended enclosure. So throwing an 18" in there in a cramped box will be outperformed in a 15" in the right enclosure, so the decision is yours.

thanks man i appreciate it i guess ill go with the 15" sub

would an 6cft box be alright for the 18" btl or should i just or with the 15' btl in a 5cft box?

so by going with 1 single 15" btl in a 5cft box would be better than an 18" btl in a 6.5 cft box after all displacements?

yea u right........ but i might as well jus go with the 15 btl in its right box would be a 5cft box then an 18 thats reccomended 5-8cft to get the nost bass possible you think that's kool?

yea u right........ but i might as well jus go with the 15 btl in its right box would be a 5cft box then an 18 thats reccomended 5-8cft to get the nost bass possible you think that's kool?

should i port my rear deck or just leave the 4 6x9's in?

you'll be fine. the only time you'd really need them down is if you were doing some spl comps or something

you'll be fine. the only time you'd really need them down is if you were doing some spl comps or something

oh ok but i was gone probaly enter a db drag this summer idk but alot of ppl i see with system 9 times out of 10 they have thier seats down and it makes a big difference

oh ok but i was gone probaly enter a db drag this summer idk but alot of ppl i see with system 9 times out of 10 they have thier seats down and it makes a big difference

Just take out the back seat when you go to a competition then. Its not that hard, shouldn't take over ten minutes. You pull up on the bottom part and it should pop right out, then there will be a few bolts holding the back part on.

Just take out the back seat when you go to a competition then. Its not that hard, shouldn't take over ten minutes. You pull up on the bottom part and it should pop right out, then there will be a few bolts holding the back part on.

yea u right i could do that at comps, but i had wanted that air flow in general as a daily driver just didn't know if it would be too much of a difference with the kind of car i got.

yea u right i could do that at comps, but i had wanted that air flow in general as a daily driver just didn't know if it would be too much of a difference with the kind of car i got.

the judges may move him into another class if he removes his back seats, I think it counts as "modified"