aimone

whats the biggest baddest most power hungry monster of a sub?

title says it all what do u guys think? im just asking for shits and giggles......the biggest baddest ive seen personally is an atomic apxx 18......i can buy it for 500 maybe cheaper after jewin him down not even broke in yet

Audiobahn AW1200 is the baddest sub I've ever seen. I hit 163.2 with mine on 500watts the other day.

Your thread title is fail.

Biggest and baddest are positive qualities, power hungry is a negative quality, it means inefficiency. What you mean to say is high thermal power handling.

Your question is really too installation and enclosure dependent to answer correctly.

Biggest and baddest are positive qualities, power hungry is a negative quality, it means inefficiency. What you mean to say is high thermal power handling.

Your question is really too installation and enclosure dependent to answer correctly.

^^^ agreed ... X2 ...

26203460051_medium.jpg26203460053_medium.jpg

This is what you would consider power hungry ...

Edited by Cablguy184

well sorry.....u knew what i meant anyway......which was highest power handling......just answer the question or move on down the road instead of bein a dick......i just wanna see or learn of sum crazy subs i havent heard of. im sorry im still learning audio terminology and wasnt born a bass genius

ya done that and to much b.s comes along w/ google so i thought why not ask people with expierance

that sux ... :worthless: ... my pictures ain't working ...

well sorry.....u knew what i meant anyway......which was highest power handling......just answer the question or move on down the road instead of bein a dick......i just wanna see or learn of sum crazy subs i havent heard of. im sorry im still learning audio terminology and wasnt born a bass genius

I corrected you so you'd know in the future, no need for hurt feelings.

You didn't read the last part of my post, power handling both thermal and mechanical are more dependent on the enclosure and the installation than anything.

What is your goal OP ?

Spl comps ? music ? Burps?

Give your budget, the size of the box you can afford, your car,...and so on

It's the only way to have some help.

I feel like inserting an AQ joke here as the only real positive you ever read about them is that they can take a shitload of power. Too bad they sound like ass and are crap when it comes to efficiency with it.

Why do you care about power handling for a sub anyways? It will have nearly no effect on your output capabilities in comparison to what your install will do.

Lets change the title to "Whats the most overrated POS sub I can buy?" tongue.gif

not really looking to buy anything guys just wanna see sum super beastly subs.....read the first sentence of the thread i said "for shits and giggles"

ive got a rockford fosgate power hx2 15 now and im happy with it.....when i do upgrade it'll be sumthin from this site

not really looking to buy anything guys just wanna see sum super beastly subs.....read the first sentence of the thread i said "for shits and giggles"

ive got a rockford fosgate power hx2 15 now and im happy with it.....when i do upgrade it'll be sumthin from this site

Moved to Off Topic

4" coils will help put with thermal power handling a lot.

ziggy-albums-funnies-picture2158-funky-pup-blide.jpg

/end thread

This is what you would call "power Hungry" ... 56 batteries (i think)

26203460051_medium.jpg ... 26203460053_medium.jpg

huge_subwoofer.jpg

HUGE LOL

The MTX 22" is a joke. LOL. I think its the wienner.tongue.gif

The Matterhorn. 40Kw, F3 at 12 Hz. 105 dB at 250 meters.

Officially /thread.

The Matterhorn. 40Kw, F3 at 12 Hz. 105 dB at 250 meters.

Officially /thread.

Lol, you're right, since he asked for a subwoofer and not for a low frequency driver.