Sign in to follow this  
NeillBarber

Whats happnin IA forum

I signed up and hope to be of some help to anyone here that needs it.

As most already know the SPLtank my s-10 Blazer is now all decked out with IA subs. 12 15" LI's to be exact.

See some of the vids from SBN and other events on our youtube page.

www.youtube.com/audioextremes

NeillBArber

:gayhaaay1:

Glad you could join us buddy....how bout some pics?

Welcome !

And x2 on the pics .

:wavey5:

Welcome

Don't count on it. I was chastised on termpro for asking.

Don't count on it. I was chastised on termpro for asking.

lol really?

I've known Neill for what? 7 or 8 years and he's always been one of the biggest glory hogs I know :D lol jp man! Demuth is a little worse then you lol

For real though Neil is proud of his work and he usually posts up pics pretty regularly...I've seen a couple of vids of his 12 15 setup and it looks pretty sick!

i havent had a chance to hear the 15's cause i missed sbn this year but i made my girl sit in your blazer when it had the L7's in it. the first hair trick with dreads i ever seen lol

lol really?

I've known Neill for what? 7 or 8 years and he's always been one of the biggest glory hogs I know :D lol jp man! Demuth is a little worse then you lol

For real though Neil is proud of his work and he usually posts up pics pretty regularly...I've seen a couple of vids of his 12 15 setup and it looks pretty sick!

Yes really. Here's the thread. In all fairness to Neill he did offer to take it offline, but I am really not much for secret agent type crap so I left it alone.

Neill Barber's PM box

The things I have come to learn about car stereo installation are a direct result of folks willing to post build logs and pics of the things they have done to construct their systems. The knowledge gained by seeing pics of the actual construction are invaluable to everyone that wants to learn more about the craft so I don't really understand being so secretive. Things would certainly be different if we were all building systems that were eventually going to bring us something other than a moment of car audio glory. Just my $.02.

P.S. He even removed one of the pics he originally posted because of my question about the PVC pipe he used on the inside of the enclosure.

Edited by Goldtaz1

looks like he was being pretty nice about it to me......IDK man

:shrug: he even offered to help you with your projects...

welcome, Neill! sick videos :)

I could be wrong but it sounds like thats what Goldtaz said to Neill, so how could no response, except for removing pics, be nice? Like I said, I could be reading it wrong.

I was not saying he was not a gentleman about it because he is certainly always kind and willing to help. I just thought that it was odd that he completely declined to answer any single part of my questions and even deleted a pic. It just really came across the wrong way.

I did say in my post above that IN ALL FAIRNESS TO NEILL, HE DID OFFER TO TAKE THE DISCUSSION OFFLINE. Not really trying to make a big stink by any means, but treating questions like the ones I asked as if I were planning some kind of intergalactic domination is not going to help the bass racing organizations. I am in the midst of accumulating a significant quantity of equipment and you can certainly bet that when it is time for the build, there is going to be an extensive collection of picture taking and post whoring with them. You and I both know that even if he had answered my questions and I were to exactly duplicate his design in my vehicle, there is absolutely no guarantee I would pull the numbers he is. Big Dave knows me well enough to know I tend to march to my own beat anyway, I was just hoping for a meaningful answer on why the PVC was used.

I hope that none of what I've written is offensive in any way because that is certainly not my intention. I probably should have kept my comments to myself when I read your post about posting up some pics, but I just couldn't contain myself for that brief moment in time. I extend my apologies and I would like to welcome Mr. Barber to the IA forum since I neglected to do so earlier.

Wow.

ABout posting pics of the inside or "behind the scenes" of my buulds I just dont do much of that and dont recall that I ever have.

I take alot of pride of in the fact that my truck is always finshed and has a nice look to it. When people have seen everyhing behind the trim panels it just takes away from some of the "magic" behind looking at the install.

Just not my thing and I dont see apologizing for it. As always I am one of the most approachable epople in the sport and always take time with people as long as IM not checking over the truck before a run.

For example.. this past weekend in Alchua Fl. I competed at PPA. The back of the truck was never even opened the entire event. Reason being the rear had no trim panels in it. My wiring behind my panels I guarantee is some of the cleanest you will ever see in a demo or SPL rig, but I just choose not to have that sde of the truck seen. It cheapns the experence if you ask me.

The truck was actually worked on at an event for the first time in 3 years at this past SBN. I just dont like people seeing that.

I hope most understand, but as stated before I will always help whoever needs it and always have.

There are tons of vids on my youtube page of the new setup.

NeillBArber

howdy neil, post what ya want how ya want......its just nice to see a few big names now and then.....now poast some pics!!!!!!lol...welcome aboard

Heres a vid from SBN.

Im looking for pics.

Keep in mind the hair trick at 1:20 is with both doors open.

NeillBArber

Edited by NeillBarber

Wow.

ABout posting pics of the inside or "behind the scenes" of my buulds I just dont do much of that and dont recall that I ever have.

I take alot of pride of in the fact that my truck is always finshed and has a nice look to it. When people have seen everyhing behind the trim panels it just takes away from some of the "magic" behind looking at the install.

Just not my thing and I dont see apologizing for it. As always I am one of the most approachable epople in the sport and always take time with people as long as IM not checking over the truck before a run.

For example.. this past weekend in Alchua Fl. I competed at PPA. The back of the truck was never even opened the entire event. Reason being the rear had no trim panels in it. My wiring behind my panels I guarantee is some of the cleanest you will ever see in a demo or SPL rig, but I just choose not to have that sde of the truck seen. It cheapns the experence if you ask me.

The truck was actually worked on at an event for the first time in 3 years at this past SBN. I just dont like people seeing that.

I hope most understand, but as stated before I will always help whoever needs it and always have.

There are tons of vids on my youtube page of the new setup.

NeillBArber

Very nice, FL boys are loud!!!!