DaberAudio

Daber Subs in use

I've got a few minutes of down time and decided to upload a few photos I have of cars (and a boat) that have our subs in use. I need to get pictures of the rest of the emailed to me, but I thought you guys might enjoy seeing a few photos.

First up is a car that belongs to a guy named Kyle. He seems to be pretty happy. He has some kind of amp that I've never heard of, XXX or something like that. It's basically pushing no power to it. When he upgrades we'll try to get some meter results on it. It sounds good, but it's got a lot of room to improve with more power going to it.

Kyle1.jpg

Kyle2.jpg

Kyle3.jpg

Kyle4.jpg

This car belongs to a guy named Sionne. This guy has a MTX 500d on it, which is only doing about 300 RMS @ 4 ohms. This car is ridiculous. We will hopefully be getting him to get the car to us to put a meter on it soon. It sounds phenomenal and absolutely hammers.

oky3.jpg

Oky4.jpg

This guy is an old school USACi competitor who got out of the game a few years ago. This is the first system he has had in three years. He said that he likes this sub more than any of the other subs he ever had. I'm trying to get him on here to write a review.

Looking good! Love the look of the cone of your woofers.

That XXX amp is something you find on eBay on the cheap or classified as flea market garbage.

These subs are going in a 34 foot Fountain boat. The installer has been sending me pics of his progress along the way. I think he is finishing it up and going to have it on the water by the weekend. I will post more pics as they become available. There are two 10" SQLs going in.

Boat1.jpg

Boat2.jpg

Boat3.jpg

Different designs would be good. Those boxes look the exact same!! But some meter results would be good.

This John's car. I need more pictures of this. It's nothing special looks wise, but damn does it sound good. He listens to a lot of hair band music and I give him a hard time and tell him that no subs will make Winger sound awesome, but in reality it sounds damn good.

When these subs were brand new, and I mean brand new we put it on a term lab on a bitter cold day and popped off 141.2. He is running a Boston Acoustics GT-50 amp, which pops off 400RMS @ 2/ 14.4 volts. Not bad numbers for so little power. I think Sionne's car has him beat but we will find out soon.

John%27s%20box.jpg

This will be the last one for today. This car belongs to a kid named Jack. The guy who built his box got the port WAY off square. There is 3/4 of an inch difference in width from the front of the front section to the back. I have no idea what the bend is like, but I can only assume it's off by as much. I'm trying to talk him in to getting it rebuilt. He has some old Alpine amp on it that he says is doing something like 500 watts, I can't tell you what the model number is.

jack1.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Jack3.jpg

Different designs would be good. Those boxes look the exact same!! But some meter results would be good.

They do look similar, I agree. They aren't the same though. Kyle is running a 15 and Sionne is running a 12. I built both of those boxes and neither one of those guys wanted a real flashy box, so I just made them something that would work well and not cost them an arm and a leg.

Looking good! Love the look of the cone of your woofers.

That XXX amp is something you find on eBay on the cheap or classified as flea market garbage.

Thanks! As far as the amp goes, I figured that's pretty much what it was. I asked him where he got it and says it was a Christmas gift. I tried to tell him as politely as possible that he needed to get a real amp and let that sub hammer.

This will be the last one for today. This car belongs to a kid named Jack. The guy who built his box got the port WAY off square. There is 3/4 of an inch difference in width from the front of the front section to the back. I have no idea what the bend is like, but I can only assume it's off by as much. I'm trying to talk him in to getting it rebuilt. He has some old Alpine amp on it that he says is doing something like 500 watts, I can't tell you what the model number is.

jack1.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Jack3.jpg

The owner of this car left a review of his sub on the SSA store page. I have been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to check things out and just saw it tonight. He seems very happy.

He wrote:

Beast

Posted by Jack on 11th Apr 2010

I have this subwoofer in my 2002 nissan altima and it is definately the deepest, cleanest bass i have heard and i've heard quite a few subwoofers being as many of my friends have systems in their cars as well. I have never heard of daber before so i was kind of leery but i am definately going to continue with this brand. The only thing that poses a problem is that is is only single voice coil so it takes 800 watts at 4 ohm but i saw in the post that dvc is coming soon. i highly recommend this brand and suggest that you choose this over kenwood, pioneer, memphis, and hifonics because i have had all of these in my car and this sub blows them out of the water!"

I'm glad to hear he is enjoying it"

It's good to hear some feedback from you guys!

I like this thread, need more pics!

x2.

I have some pics I need to post of a local kid with an SQL-12 in his truck. Again though, it's just a standard carpeted slot port. I need to get a couple of more pics of the enclosure that went in to that boat.

I would like to see someone from the forum post some pics of THEIR Daber Audio woofers :)

This truck belongs to a local kid named Christian. He is running an SQL-12 in his F-150 and is powering it with a Pioneer GM-5400t. This arrangement is a bit underpowered but it still gets very loud. He will be getting it metered in the next week or so and I will post a video. My guess would be 140-141 on a term lab, but I will post the video of the metering so that you can see it when we do it.

Just in case anyone is curious with this arrangement, Christian's parents had one rule: That this be a subwoofer that was easy to remove and only took up the space occupied by the rear driver's side seat. Christian had previously had a slim profile Pioneer 10" woofer, and he was shocked with the difference.

By the way, this camera sucks and it seems like the microphone completely shuts off when it gets overpowered.

Christian%27s%20truck%201%20resize.jpg

Christian%27s%20truck%203%20resize.jpg

Christian%27s%20truck%204%20resize.jpg

Christian%27s%20truck%205%20resize.jpg

Christian%27s%20truck%206%20resize.jpg

Not quite a "sub in use", but still cool. Check the spot right in front of the side window on Tim Wilkerson's NHRA Full Throttle Series Top Fuel Funny car. I'm very, very excited to have this logo on his car, and I can't thank him enough. If any of you are ever at an NHRA race, take the time to stop by and say "Hi" to Tim. He's a great guy and always takes time to talk to fans when they aren't working on the car between rounds.

Click for big

Tim%27s%20Car%20Crop.JPG

Some good numbers for some small budget powering on them.

Would like to hear some of these one day.

Can I drive Tim's car?

Interesting.....got any TS specs and power handling info? Also some ass shots?

Yes sir. Visit our website, www.daberaudio.com

Some good numbers for some small budget powering on them.

Would like to hear some of these one day.

Can I drive Tim's car?

Thanks! As far as Tim's car goes, I'd kill to drive that thing. I don't know if you've ever been to a Top Fuel race, but it's hard to believe that people can actually drive something that fast and loud. I'd love to take a term-lab up in to the stands. They blur my vision with every single pass.

I just confirmed with Christian, the owner of the Red F-150, that SPL testing is on for next tuesday. I WILL post video this time :)

this is nice. i like to see these kinds of numbers being made by everyday average joe setups. i am deff considering trying one of these out. keep up the good worktrink40.gif

this is nice. i like to see these kinds of numbers being made by everyday average joe setups. i am deff considering trying one of these out. keep up the good worktrink40.gif

Thank you. That's kind of the idea behind the SQL woofers. They sound phenomenal, are rugged, and they put up very impressive numbers with minimal power.

But yeah, I agree with you. These woofers offer someone the chance to get in to the 140s on a term lab without breaking the bank, needing gobs of power, huge enclosures, upgraded alternators, etc. John's civic is doing 140.6 with a Boston GT50 (I think it's 300 RMS @ 2ohms) and two SQL-12s in the trunk, and I'm confident that Christian's truck is doing a 140 or better (we'll know next week - you'll all see the video) with a single 12 and 380 RMS.

In the near future I am going to be doing a Dodge Nitro for a friend with two SQL-12's and at least a kilowatt, and I will post videos of that too. Also, now that I have gotten rid of the GTO and am driving a turd that I don't feel about rattling to death, I'm going to devote some free time to finally doing a personal vehicle. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think i'm going to do 4 12's in a 626, forward firing through the back seats. It will be a Vee enclosure with a center port.

I can't wait to see some build logs from you guys.

I'm getting very interested in these subs. Any idea when the DVC versions will be out?

Edit for reading fail. :peepwall:

Edited by Dan208

I think the microphone on the camera is really good, you can hear the bass clear and it doesn't really distorts.