nigerlet

What sub would be perfect for me?

I was thinking about getting a 18" btl running on a 2200 watt audioque amp.

I'm gunna be using it for everyday bumpin no comps.

Does this sound like a good set up

You don't value your hearing much do you? Wait a minute I don't think anyone on this forum values there hearing.

Depends on your electrical upgrades you are willing to put into the car and budget you have for everything. Do you have space for the 18" BTL to fit in its optimal enclosure? If you have all these areas covered then it will be a good setup to start with.

There are many, many more variables than just amp and sub to determine if it will sound good. My BTL sounds much different from my truck to my Geo.

But...it seems like a good combo.

Yeah everyone else has said it basically. That seems to be a very common combination due to the fact that you can get the AQ for fairly cheap (i'm sure you already know that).

Of course the next question is, what are your goals? Sounds like you're going for loud. What are your plans for your electrical system upgrades? (if you don't have any such plans you need to make some, fast.) What vehicle is it going into? What are your plans for a box?

I am putting it into the trunk of my 02 impala. I might actually get the 15 so I have space. Haven't thought about the box. Recommend anything?

As for electrical upgrade I was thinking about just a compacitor. Wiring 0 gauge power and ground. Wht else should be done?

I'm going for as loud as possile on a budget. Haha

well... unfortunately you're going to have to do more power upgrades than a capacitor. High output alternator and a 2nd battery are strongly, strongly recommended. You will also need to do the big three (an instruction guide is in this forum under the Technical Info & How To section) unfortunately the items i listed above aren't cheap often. It may be in your best interest to try a lower wattage system. you might be able to get away with 1,500 watts with the big three upgrade. (its a simple upgrade)

As for boxes, just go with what Fi says. For my 18 i'm at about 7 ft^3 tuned to around 32 hz. Follow their guidelines more than anyone, they know their subs best.

Ok, my friend is selling me his 2400 watt kinetik Power Cell.

will that be enough to start off until I can afford a 200amp alternator?

can i just bump it for about a month without the alternator?

You don't value your hearing much do you? Wait a minute I don't think anyone on this forum values there hearing.

..that wasnt the question he was asking.

Do you already have sub and amp?

try to listen to your system without upgrades. Big 3 is strongly "recomanded".

Get a voltmeter in your car to watch voltage drops.

If you have too much drops, you can try the 2nd batt, and see if it is better.

The HO alt is not always needed.

But I know it is always better to run the exact same batteries in the trunk and under the hood.

just watch your voltmeter to know if you need upgrades.

A Btl will be very loud on 1500-2000 watts rms. The AQ 2200 is not a must ! On the cheap, you can find Audiopipe, MB Quart,... Used Sundown,...

Do you already have sub and amp?

try to listen to your system without upgrades. Big 3 is strongly "recomanded".

Get a voltmeter in your car to watch voltage drops.

If you have too much drops, you can try the 2nd batt, and see if it is better.

The HO alt is not always needed.

But I know it is always better to run the exact same batteries in the trunk and under the hood.

just watch your voltmeter to know if you need upgrades.

A Btl will be very loud on 1500-2000 watts rms. The AQ 2200 is not a must ! On the cheap, you can find Audiopipe, MB Quart,... Used Sundown,...

Thanks for the information man! That pretty much answers my questions.

Gunna do the big three today, will get back to you guys after that

If you start getting large amounts of dimming and voltage drop below 12, don't turn it up any farther. Yes the sub will likely be able to go louder, but if you push the amplifier too hard with that low voltage it may be damaged. Better to listen at only 3/4 capable volume for a month until you get a larger alternator than to turn it up fully and mess something up.

Do the big 3 , add that 2400 in back near the amp and you "should" be good with 1500-2000w. You will just have to watch it and if you see voltage drop, back it down until you can get another bat or HO alt.

18's need a huge box! That 5-10cf does not count port volume which will add a good 25% to your box volume, not counting sub and bracing displacement. The difference between my 15's and my 18's as far as size of enclosure is off the fucking chart.

If you decide to get the BTL make sure to let it break in before judging it.. when i first got mine i didnt know if it was right for me or not.. its 100X the system im used too.. damn thing kicks like crazy.. its output blew me away, but ALMOST in a bad way.. it wasnt pleasant to the ear at first.. then after it broke in i really fell in love. everything smoothed out for me.. but its one hell of a sub thats for sure.. an extra battery and HO alt would be best. I have 2 Kinetik HC2000's and a 220 A alternator to mine and only running a sundown saz1500, but it hits so hard. just my 2 cents for ya :)

And the point of this post is...? To prove that you obviously don't understand human anatomy?