wafsman

still on the hunt for the perfect amp

so as stated, i'm still trying to figure out the best amp to get for my subs. i am in search of an amp that will push 1500 rms at 1.5 ohms. ignoring price, just curious as to what amps out there will push that power at that resistance. thanks

I suggest sundown amps, check the store here.. click up top on "Store" and look for sundown amps in the amplifier section

Rockford Fosgate. I'm curious as to why you say 1.5 ohms. If you get a T1500-1, it should still put out 1500 at 1.5, on the birth sheet for mine its rated 1796 watts at 1 ohm.

got two speakers that are dual 6-ohm

Where'd you get dual 6's? The only ones I've seen are the Orphan 8s. I'm sure there are probably plenty more out there, just sayin. I still say go with a T1500-1. I got mine for $395 shipped.

Edit: My bad, the Orphan's are single 6's.

Edited by deernet

so you got two 6 ohm speakers you can run them at 3 ohms the lowest so your power is supposed to be at about 4 ohms

so you got two 6 ohm speakers you can run them at 3 ohms the lowest so your power is supposed to be at about 4 ohms

If using two subs with dual 6 in parallel, you get 1.5 ohms...

JL amps run anywhere from 1-3 ohms

it's a little more juice but I would find a used JBL/Crown BPX 2200.1 on e bay......

doesn't really matter on the impedance with the Crown Circutry...4 ohm..1 ohm..no real difference to them

and you won't find a better sounding sub amp for the $$$ either

I'm still looking for a amp that produces 100x2 at 12.5 volts for my alpine type R's components. Was gonna go with elemental designs until i read every bodies responses over on this forum

I'm still looking for a amp that produces 100x2 at 12.5 volts for my alpine type R's components. Was gonna go with elemental designs until i read every bodies responses over on this forum

Sundown SAX-125.2 would probably be a good choice.

Sundown SAX-125.2 would probably be a good choice.

you sure they'll be fine with an extra 25 watts?

that has nothing to do with my post

lol. But Alpine has the PDX line that will do the same power from 1 ohm to 4 ohms or it could be 2 ohms to 4 ohms depending on the model. They are very small. I was really surprised, but it was a 600 watt rms amp.

that has nothing to do with my post

Obviously not, I was just throwing out a suggestion for the guy... :ohnoes9:

so as stated, i'm still trying to figure out the best amp to get for my subs. i am in search of an amp that will push 1500 rms at 1.5 ohms. ignoring price, just curious as to what amps out there will push that power at that resistance. thanks

There are dozens.

Really depends on how much you are looking to spend.

was trying just to find what was out there, but realistically i would like to stay under 500