gadgeteer123

polk mom 6x9's move air........

:trippy: Since my sub is out of service at the moment I bridged my 6x9's and turned the x-over off and I was amazed for them being 6x9's I knew they where loud but I could seriously feel air moving from them and they are 6-8ft behind me in the back of my wagon in some free-air enclosures. I just had to post this, ive had these for 2 years and ive never had them create a breeze, but ive also never tried giving them more power. now there getting a very clean 125rms each. they are 100rms each.

I had my Momo's 6x9's in the rear deck and they sounded amazing, it was just to bad I had to turn them down SO much to brend them in. The only reason I bought them to begin with is because I wanted so rear fill and crutchfield had them on sale for dirt cheap, like 75% off when I was ordering my HU. They sounded SO natural and balanced. smile.gif I will be installing them in the front of my blazer now as fronts with no rears and some 10"s probably. The beauty of the 6x9 is it has the cone area of an 8".tongue.gif

....Dont blow those for car audio SAKE!

Figured I post a picture of said speakers because I already had it in my gallery.trink40.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_352305.jpg

and a picture of thier new home-to-be.

med_gallery_10399_408_449828.jpg

They will be mounted in the center console like the ones in there now plus they are marine rated so they should last a little longer in the open top vehicle.smile.gif

I'll be waiting for the post where you say you blew these too.

:roflmao:

x2, op already stated he's giving more then rated power but not by much, but it's clean power (cross your fingers)...

Yours must be a different model cause mine are rated @125watts RMS. Good luck playin' em that low.peepwall.gif

You may be on to something. I bet carpet and some neon would really get them wanging.

well i found a 15" 150rms woofer, so thats in there now, the polks are hooked up normal again.

You should do a wall build with those polks! hairtricks :suicide-santa:

If it where possible it would be funny, maybe if I had a 100 of them but unpractical. I'm just saying i was shocked but those 15" radioshack pa speakers for $85 are awesome for the money, i had one in storage and it pound hard on the 40hz and up notes, and it kinda hits the lower notes.

Give it a rest dude. You smoked your Xcon already, were about to toast those by nines, and now the radioshack driver will die with over excursion. :ohnoes9:

I turned the sub-sonic filter on at 30hz, and It is a very good speaker and i'm giving it roughly 250rms off of my hifonics since it is 8-ohm.

I foresee... "my 6x9's died :(" being future topic of yours.

I did mention that I hooked them up the normal way again, so they will be fine, they have lasted the 2.5 years that I have beaten them, so far.

small town audiophile, I love each and every single one of your threads. Kudos, brother.

PA system in a car, bahaha

BTW its spelled "MOMO", like "don't be a momo".lol.tongue.gif

I kinda feel bad for him. He just keeps posting more and more of this stupid shit.

600 posts and here we are.

STA, I really wish you could force yourself stop posting all this stupid shit and just do a bunch of reading. It's obvious you like this hobby, and i hope you can slow it down enough to learn something while you wait for your recone so you can enjoy it. I honestly feel bad for you, but you just refuse to take good advice from good people. None of this should come as a surprise to you, people here have been telling you what the results of your experiments would be and here we are.

We do not enjoy watching you crash and burn.

Could Anyone link me to those 6X9 momos?

Im looking for a set of 6X9's and i was thinking of trying these

and writing up a review for you guys :P

Edited by Kent

You have to admit atleast the kid posted it in off topic. peepwall.gif

You have to admit atleast the kid posted it in off topic. peepwall.gif

All of his posts have been in off topic regardless of if they belonged their or not. We've had to move every single one of them.

Yeah, he's a smarty alright.

LOL