Sign in to follow this  
dj exit

18" btl and a RF 4000.1bd

Since you gave us so much information I am going to go out on a limb and say yes or maybe even no.

Hey guys whats up will i have a problem running one btl off that much power?

please read noob guidelines and then come back and post...i would not recommend running that much power to a single BTL...i dont see the point of having to get a recone a week later because of improper tuning :suicide-santa:

Depending on goals, listening habits, enclosure size, the right electrical and so on. Is 4000watts needed if you arent competing just to push the BTL to optimal performance, no not all.

Sorry guys i was in a hurry before my bad I'm only 17 right now and i bought a RF 4000.1 and only one btl for right now i don't have the money as of right now im only gonna use it for a daily but i want it to be the loudest on the island. As of right not i have the big 3 stock alt and a red top and the truck is a yukon xl so the box can vary

You will fry the alt, blow the woofer, and then the amp. Or all at once.

I don't believe half the stuff he just said, and the other half I ignored because it was one huge sentence.

hear those t4000's need a real good electrical

Yeah pretty much any amp putting out 4500w + needs a good electrical. lol

OP, You will fuck up both your amp and your sub in no time. Not trying to be an asshole, but you have no idea what you are getting into.

Watch your voltage. It WILL sag down to 12 or lower on hard bass notes if you have the amp turned up to put out the BTL's RMS wattage. Do NOT let it sag below 12. If it does, turn your gain down until it doesn't, and leave it down until you get a larger alternator and extra battery.

If you are smart with the gain and volume knobs, you will have no problem with 4000 watts on a BTL. However, I'll tell you that being smart means you won't be getting all 4000 watts from the amplifier.

Alright thanks guys for the help you helped i guess before i even think about getting the second sub i need to upgrade the alt im just gonna follow KU40 , you helped alot man. I dont get what s so hard to believe?

You need an external adjustable subsonic filter on that amp..and that is over twice the recommended power we suggest using...

It wouldn't be far fetched to say you're going to break something :)

go for it...it will be fine as long as you install the flux capacitor right???? :peepwall:

Sign in to follow this