CaptinPower

how does this happen

ok so i bought 3 LI 12s from 07merc at the end of april and they arrive to me on may 5th in flawless shape. nothing was cracked, scratched, or broken from shipping everything was A1. so i decide to put two of them in a sealed box i had layin around tell i got done with a new ported box for the three of them. i was running them on my rsd1200@2ohms roughly 600w a piece and the box was on the small side but it sounded damn good and got louder than i had expected. so before i could build a new box for myself somebody wants to buy them from me so i pull the box out and while im carrying it i kinda noticed a little knocking in the bottom of the box as i was walking but i figured a baffle had come loose in the box. so when i took the first step to the porch i heard a slide then another knock my heart dropped and said no theres no way in hell. so now i finish taking screws out so i can pull it out the box and the first thing i noticed was how light and easy it was to come out and bam there it was staring up at me. now im startled because im like how the hell did this happen because i never dropped them or anything like i said barely any scratches and nothing was cracked or chipped. when i looked at the motor closer i noticed that whatever epoxy glue or whatever it is had no chips around where the motor was glued to the plate which means it came off clean with no outside help. i figured that it would be bolted on and not just glued but i guess not but anyway i just want to know what would cause this to happen and see about getting another one .

Picture016.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture009.jpg

i took pics right after i found it like that. hopefully this was some weird rare thing thats not gonna happen to the other two cause i really like these things.

wow... wtf

looks like the magnets separated from the top plate... never seen that before

This is a sad day.... A loved IA sub died. :(

looks like the magnets separated from the top plate... never seen that before

me either and i bout cried when i saw it

Yup, it does look like the magnet separated from the top plate, the top plate is bolted and glued to the magnet but there are no bolts that go through the magnet.

there are threaded holes for bolts but there are no bolts just as you said duran

Edited by CaptinPower

yep i had the same thing happen to a rf punch 12 i got for free.

I've seen that happen during shipping damage. I've repaired a first run RE SE 12 that had that happen and it is still operational to this day and has been pounded the piss out of. God bless the old boob RE's.

Is it just me or the picture on my phone, or is that coil really really black?

Could be the angle or the lighting. But generally aluminum coils are darker than copper. But that looks really dark!

Is it just me or the picture on my phone, or is that coil really really black?

Could be the angle or the lighting. But generally aluminum coils are darker than copper. But that looks really dark!

I may have read wrong but it could have gotten pretty heated while being played without the motor force behind it to move it and cool it.

yea it was the light the sun was goin down when i took those pics they are like a dark brownish color.but what john said probably happened to because i dont actually know when it could've fallen off.

Did you attempt to call or email Incriminator before you posted on here? That would be the quickest way to get this problem solved.

not yet i just found it this weekend and since its a holiday i was gonna wait till tuesday to call.

so when i took the first step to the porch i heard a slide then another knock my heart dropped and said no theres no way in hell. so now i finish taking screws out so i can pull it out the box and the first thing i noticed was how light and easy it was to come out and bam there it was staring up at me.

When i read that i actually felt pretty bad.. :badmood2::(

This happen every once in a while - maybe a dozen times or so a year when good ole UPS start slinging boxes. I talk to you this morning about this - send it in and we'll replace it and file a claim with UPS.

Thanks,

Nick

dropped it of at pack & mail and it should be there thursday.

thanks again Nick.

Edited by CaptinPower

Hey sorry to hear this man, i had those drivers and they worked perfectly for me. I didnt even play them a months time. They were bought brand new direct from Nick so maybe he will grant warranty? This does sound like a ups problem tho. I think there should be bolts holding the motor to the basket anyway...

its cool. its that damn ups but thank god it wasnt fedex i've had way to many problems from them.

The drilled holes you see in the top plate are where the bolts hold the basket and motor together. The rest is held by epoxy.