Sign in to follow this  
BigDaveIA

IA forum excitement.

We need to find a way to bring more excitement to this forum. We all know IA is the best, lets get excited guys and show it. Show everyone how much you love IA. Post more comments, post more build logs, more videos and pictures. I got a new system in my truck that I will be posting pics and videos up as soon as I can new pics and vids done. Lets see what you guys got. Lets here your thoughts. IA FTMFW!!!!

Hey man, I think we are gonna have to organize an IA Montgomery Photo/Vid shoot real soon. This should help drum up the excitement a good bit. We've got quite a few vehicles around town now with IA product so it's time to show everyone what DA GUMP is all about. LOL!

Updates on new product would be nice as well! What ever happended to the new comp set and the 30.1? New DP. Sneak pics on the forum would be great!

Updates on new product would be nice as well! What ever happended to the new comp set and the 30.1? New DP. Sneak pics on the forum would be great!

You are right...that would def create a buzz of excitement around here. We do lag behind some other brands in the "behind the scenes" stuff. I will work on that but I know Nick is SO busy these days trying to get all this new stuff ready to go also while building and shipping current orders that he does not have a lot of time for the forum. Maybe I can take over that job. Lemme talk to him.

I just posted a video in my build log with my lethal injection 12". I'll embed it here too.

8 DR 12s. 2 saz 3ks. 2 door explorer

Might want to have Nick spring for the new Forum Skin that SSA just introduced.

Custom Manufacturer Section Skins - SSA Car Audio Forum

:drink40:

Well, when the old lady gets paid, we are getting a Lethal Injection 15 to replace the now semi-dead 187 we had in the Neon.

I've been keeping it a secret from IA and the peeps for awhile now. Killed it with my Kicker KX400.1 playing Decaf's version of Juice Box. I think one of the coils heated up to the point that it unwound partially in the gap. The funny part is, it still plays, just shuts the amp down when I get the volume going (read: above 24 out of 50 volume and -4 on the sub volume). Checked the resistance with my DMM, and it read between .8 and 1.3.

IA wants some excitement, they need to update things around here. Their products are great, they speak for themselves.

Kef

how hot do the coils have to get for the glue to fail?

USA made coils... around 500 degrees. So... HOT AS CRAP.

how hot do the coils have to get for the glue to fail?

USA made coils... around 500 degrees. So... HOT AS CRAP.

Yeah, I just guessed what happened. Once the LI is in, I'm going to take the IA apart to see what happened. I'll be sure to make a thread with pics so people can see the damage.

I was going to wall socket it to kill it the rest of the way, but I figure this would be the better way, since it'll give Nick some insight into what I did to it.

Kef

heres a new setup I did in my car....... DP 18 in 5.5 cubes with around 80" of port on 1500 RMS.......may look a little rough, but its knockin like Jehovah's :)

2010-06-03155619.jpg

2010-06-03162135.jpg

Starting my build for my DR 18" today! :woot:

Yeah, the new DP looks great.

Just an update, but I bought a new amp, so when the LI gets ordered, it'll be on it. The only info about it I'll give is 250 @ 4 ohm, 500 @ 2 ohm, rated at 12.5, and it's made in the USA.

I'll give an e-Cookie to anyone who can figure it out :P

Kef