Aaron Clinton

SSA's Daily fitness iHop

45 mins on elliptical 585 calories

Staggered bench press.

Standing bar pull down.

Incline chest fly.

Yesterday I got my gf to lift with me, she's on a 2 week free guest pass at my gym.

Lat pulldown

dumbbell bicep curls

shoulder lifts, both forward and to the side

Low row

barbell curls

pullups

various ab stuff

Biked 20 minutes or 6.5 miles.

Doing a handful of single set burn outs now with really light weight while watching Sports Center. Only thing is a few things can take a few minutes.

Glad you posted to bring it up to the new posts page for me as I had forgotten to post yesterday's workout.

Incline bench

tricep push-backs

military press with dumbbells

bench press with dumbbells

tricep pull down with single hand grip

pectoral fly machine

incline military press machine

tricep dips

ab lift stand

front decline row machine

Incline dumbbell curls

shoulder raises front and side

laying-incline pullups

deadlift

Top cable side bicep curls

Front lat pulldown machine

Ab stand

Then played basketball outside for an hour in about 95*. That about made me sick.

50 minutes on the elliptical, 618 calories. (knee swelled up a decent amount)

after dinner:

very light weight high rep single set:

side shoulder raises

inside outside bi-cep curls

dead lifts

weighted crunches

short chest flies

Yesterday I played inside basketball, just halfcourt though. I'm not a big fan of half court, but there were other people playing on the other half, plus we only had 2 on 2, ha.

Today was legs day.

Hack squat

leg extension

calf raises

seated leg curl

incline leg press and calf extensions on there too

Ran 1.5 miles, doing intervals the last .5 mile of about 20 yards jog/20 yards sprint. Gotta get into basketball shape and plain jogging doesn't do that, gotta do stop and start or high/low speed training.

30 minutes on the elliptical, 360 calories.

Seated bi-cept curls

Tri-cept pull downs

Military press.

Well I was gone all last week but thankfully stayed in a hotel with a workout room. They had one of those all-in-one cable machines that even had a leg press side. I had never seen one. Not quite as effective, but it was something at least. Tuesday I did biceps/back and ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill (which made me quite dizzy afterwards, I kept leaning into the wall as I was walking out of the room), Wednesday I did legs and swam a bit, and Thursday I did triceps/chest and biked 3 miles or so.

Yesterday I ran 3 miles. I was timing myself with my ipod, but of course it ran out of battery when I had about 200 yards to go. I hadn't ran 3 miles in almost a year, though. Trying to motivate myself to go to the gym to lift right now.

Well I didn't really have anything else to do, so that was a good enough motivator to lift.

Lat pulldown

dumbbell curls

Side shoulder raises

deadlift

preacher curl

decline/low row machine

ab stuff

jump rope for 5 min

Went monday, did a shit workout of arms, went back to bed this am. Gotta go friday.

I have only been sleeping 3-4 hours a night on workout days and maybe 5 or 6 on non workout days.

I have to get tired earlier since the AM is when I get workout time.

J

3 days after learning to slide I am sore as hell. I am going to get back into decent shape to do this for a month.

3 days after learning to slide I am sore as hell. I am going to get back into decent shape to do this for a month.

Electric slide?

Electric slide?

When you are walking toward a group you go to your knees and slide toward them and do various moves to scare them. All ppe is worn for safety of course.

Carried 6 coffins up to the second floor, one at a time of course. Fullbody work out for sure.

Remember to lift with your legs, not your back.

Did the coffins put new meaning to heavy for ya?

J

Remember to lift with your legs, not your back.

Did the coffins put new meaning to heavy for ya?

J

Epmty they weight 150lbs, not to heavy.

I did craw into one before the guys loaded it on the float and heard them bitching about the weight only to pop out and scare the shit out of everybody.

Yesterday was legs day. I really suck at legs. Part of it is the two months I had to take off of legs for my knee to heal but still did upper body, but my reps with bench press and squat use basically the same weight. I don't think that's right. But I'm not sure what if anything I can do about it, I've just always had skinny legs.

Sometimes I don't feel that I'm getting stronger like I should with the amount of work I put in. Am I doing too much cardio and limiting my strength improvement? The problem is I want both, because I want to be able to play the entire basketball game and lead a lot of fast breaks and things, so I need to be in good cardio shape as well.

Today I was kinda in a rush so cut down the number of lifts, though did 4 sets of 8-10 each.

Bench press

Tricep push-downs

shoulder shrugs

incline bench w. dumbbells

tricep dips

pushups

ab stuff

Yesterday was legs day. I really suck at legs. Part of it is the two months I had to take off of legs for my knee to heal but still did upper body, but my reps with bench press and squat use basically the same weight. I don't think that's right. But I'm not sure what if anything I can do about it, I've just always had skinny legs.

Sometimes I don't feel that I'm getting stronger like I should with the amount of work I put in. Am I doing too much cardio and limiting my strength improvement? The problem is I want both, because I want to be able to play the entire basketball game and lead a lot of fast breaks and things, so I need to be in good cardio shape as well.

As for the legs my thoughts would be more complex exercises. Hack squarts, box squarts, bent row, deadlift, etc. Try and build some of the stabilizer muscles. As for the carido, well hate to say it but its rare to find a rather well built guy who has cardio out the ass. That right there is hellatious genetics.

J

Forgot to post lately. Though I did have to take about 5 days off this week because of out of town work and didn't work out last weekend.

Yesterday was biceps/back

Isolat pulldown

dumbbell curls

bent over row

barbell curls

A few pullups

Bent over back raises

Shoulder lift w. dumbbells out and forward

barbell pullup (shoulder lift)

Ab work

Today I ran 2 miles w. the gf.

Did Legs yesterday. I'm going to post a log here due to the almost consistant workout I am doing now.

J

Didn't get to work out last week since I was gone all week for work. Today I got asked to substitute on a softball team while on my way to the gym, so I had to really cut short my workout. All I did was incline leg press, weighted calf raises, hack squat, and one set of each pushups, pullups, and abs.

Should be able to get back on a regular workout schedule now that I shouldn't be going away for work for the next 3-4 weeks. My gf and I are going to train to run a 5k or 8k race coming up in about 2 months. I just wanted to do a 5k because I don't want to lose as much weight as I know training for an 8k would do to me. I can already run 5k pretty easily so that's not a problem.

Rode my bike to the gym today, 1.5 miles each way.

lat pulldown with close grip handles

dumbbell curls

outside shoulder raises

deadlift

overhand grip bicep curls on cable machine

lat/back shoulder pull/extension on cable machine

ab stuff