mccleery3

4-SA8D2's in 5cu=140.5db

I just had my first time on the meter today at Slamology and I didn't do too bad, a 140.5db. The enclosure is 5cu net (to oversized for big power) tuned to 33hz (obviously not spl oriented) ran off a Sundown SAZ-1500D@ 1ohm. For a system that is made to get low and have moderate volume ability, it exceeds expectations. I did lots of demos and impressed the hell out of people that gave "just 8's" a chance :drink40: SUNDWON AUDIO FTMFW!!!! :woot:

BTW- the vehicle is an 07 Ford Escape and I believe that there is more in this current setup :fing34:

wow.. thats awsome... sounds like a nice install.. but i havent seen it :( did i miss the build log?

any pics of vids?

Congrats man! A daily driver doing a 140+ is great imo!

Sundown Audio FTMFW!

trink40.gif

I have an old build log but there were changes made so I guess new pics are in order :peepwall: I'm hoping maybe someone from IAK will help me out with that, LOL :drink40:

That's great for 4-8"!!! Excellent!! Thanks for the vid!

Good job Chuck!!

Video is sweet. Thanks cbyy for all the videos ;)

Nice job! What was that video shot with? Looks like a dslr and a wide open lens.

Thanks to cbyy for posting a vid :fing34: Had a great time hanging out with you yesterday bro! I did more demos today and continued to get the reactions intended for out of the build :drink40: Now the question is, do I change to 4 SA10's and a SAZ-2500/3500 or get 4 more SA8's and another SAZ-1500D? :shrug: I think Jacob may be getting an email from me soon about being added to Team Sundown if possible :drink40: Looks like me and my IAK brothers are gonna have to crunch some numbers on enclosure sizes, power, and overall design to fit in the rear cargo area. The electrical would need a bit of an upgrade as well since it's a stock 140amp alt although I do have all 1/0 wire including the big 3 and a Deka Intimidator 9A31. I would love to do 12-16 SA8's but it's a daily driver and I have 4 kids so gotta work with what is available. Next year is looking to be pretty sick no matter which way I go with a rebuild :D

***update****110amp factory alt

I dont think 12-16 8's with 4 kids goes well together, but thats just me!!! Specially if this is your daily!!! But i am very impressed with how 4-8's can do, i just build a system with 4 RF's on like 800w and it sounded great, even flexed my chest some!! GL with this system and the new build also! My vote is for more 8's people would not be expecting that at all!! open the hatch and see 10 8's starring at you in not an everyday thing!!

Very nice score, and nice video.

My vote is for more 8's people would not be expecting that at all!! open the hatch and see 10 8's starring at you in not an everyday thing!!

This is a goal of mine. Something that gets loud and sounds good, but is small enough that nobody would expect it (plus the fact that I need to keep some room since this is the family vehicle :peepwall: ).

I would love the looks from people on the 8-8's without a doubt considering what I got out of just the 4 this past weekend :woot: Sundown FTW!!! :fing34: I need to go back and do some measurements to see what my max workable dimensions are in my cargo area. Thanks for the positive comments guys, I really appreciate it :drink40:

e349d6c6.jpg

d2ec15b9.jpg

abf5e07a.jpg

dfb1ac00.jpg

0405e892.jpg

AMAZING BUILD! i loved every minute of it! all the face turnings and jaw droppings when they noticed they were 8" lol hilarious!

Thanks for the pic posts my brother, you are the man :drink40:

Your Escape has a stock 140 amp alternator? Wow, didn't know those things would come with such a large one. I assume you have the V6 model?

5spd 4cyl....I could be wrong but that is what I was told :peepwall:

Thanks guys :drink40: Just sent Jacob a little email so that I can figure out my next move toward the rebuild :woot:

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg