aimone

1hz difference noticable?

like the title says is there a big audible difference between 33hz and 34hz?

To a trained ear? Yes

To a normal person, probably not.

To a meter, probably, to a person not at all.

From 30hz to 33hz i barely noticed no difference what-so-ever.

:werd_msword:

No difference to the ear.

I call BS. on you good sir.

I hear the difference quiet well!! Might just be the rattling though......

maybe it was just the recordings ive heard but i can tell a difference.. ive also been playing violin and cello since i was 4 and guitar since i was 13 so i would consider my ears well trained.

It probably was the rattles and vibrations making the difference more noticeable, but this question is almost impossible to answer without knowing more info and doing extensive research on the same scenario.

op, are you talking about box tuning or the actual frequency?

yeah box tuning. . . cause i found a design im gonna build with dual slot ports instead of just 1 port. it will be 4 ft^3 tuned at 34hz. my current box is 4ft^3 single port tuned at 33hz.

i can hear a difference between 30hz and 33hz my first box was tuned at 30 and it was all low's and for example the high note on jeezy's white girl sounded like ass. now my 33hz box has a better freq. range

dont bash me for this but what does o.p stand for? just askin cause i've seen "noobs" called that...i consider myself intermediate lol not a noob

dont bash me for this but what does o.p stand for? just askin cause i've seen "noobs" called that...i consider myself intermediate lol not a noob

o.p. or OP stands for "original poster", i.e. the person who started the thread.

I'm with Duran as far as audibility goes. That is assuming we are talking about changing frequency only and not enclosure size/etc aswell.

My bet is on no difference.

1hz~ no difference. Too small a change to tell the difference. Maybe a couple tenths on a meter.

And as impious said, that is considering the fact that no other changes are made to the enclosure volume, port area, etc.

i can tell a difference between a 1hz change in sound, but as far as a box goes, if you were to put two boxes in the same situation tuned to a difference of 1hz, probably could tell something was different but wouldnt be sure what it was, dont worry about whether 33hz or 32hz etc. just stay within a 3-5hz bracket for ground pounding

if this is all out spl then yes it will make a very big difference but if not dont worry about it

The ear can hear a difference between 1hz frequencies but cannot hear the difference between box tuning of 1hz.

1 Hz? No difference whatsoever to the human ear.