dunkoholic

$100 components

Hi, can someone tell me which components to get in the $100 range.. I want that clean crisp highs if possible for that price.. thanks..

I am in the same boat as you. Looking around at cheap component sets. I figure just about any set would sound better then my stock speakers. So I'm tuning in to this thread. These are what I am looking at:

Reference 6820cs

I have stock 6x8's in the doors, and I have already applied deadener to them. Hoping to just swap them out for now until I can build the doors out.

There are a lot of threads on this matter. As many, if not everyone will tell you, you have not provided us with enough information. Be as specific as possible and detail your plans on the install.

On top of that, most people around here will just tell you to go to a shop and listen to different comps. Although, not many shops carry components or any decent ones at that so that is pretty hard to do in some cases. It really kind of blows me away... do people really expect there to just be a shop that has every single set of components just open for listening? Silly logic.

not sure what your after, and I cant comment on the sound they produce, but there is a set of crescendo audio 6.5 components right at $99 crescendo 6.5 they give you absolutely no details on them, this probably doesnt help at all lol.

Well, i have an alpine deck 9883 and the amp i will be using will be RF P3001.

I just want the best $100 out there, i know there's many, but thow something out there..

Im in the same boat as you looking for some componets in the $100 range. You cant expect people to tell you what you like though what are your goals?

woofersect.com has some CDT classics for $110+shipping

Im in the same boat as you looking for some componets in the $100 range. You cant expect people to tell you what you like though what are your goals?

woofersect.com has some CDT classics for $110+shipping

i just want that clean and crisp ass high's..... that's my main goal!!

Remember, you get what you pay for. If not for the ebay links, we have no idea what size you needed. What deck you have does nothing for us in this matter. When it was stated that we need more details we mean like:

What car/truck is it going into,

What size do you need,

What are you after in a speaker,

What price- which you noted,

And will it be powered by the HU or an external amp- which you noted

There are a lot of threads on this matter. As many, if not everyone will tell you, you have not provided us with enough information. Be as specific as possible and detail your plans on the install.

On top of that, most people around here will just tell you to go to a shop and listen to different comps. Although, not many shops carry components or any decent ones at that so that is pretty hard to do in some cases. It really kind of blows me away... do people really expect there to just be a shop that has every single set of components just open for listening? Silly logic.

its not to listen to every single set out there. its more of an idea of what you like to listen to. metal or soft dome tweeters, paper or CF mids. The different materials and such will play a role in what you want to listen to. but if you do find something you do like enough to buy then that's even better! :fing34:

Remember, you get what you pay for. If not for the ebay links, we have no idea what size you needed. What deck you have does nothing for us in this matter. When it was stated that we need more details we mean like:

What car/truck is it going into,

What size do you need,

What are you after in a speaker,

What price- which you noted,

And will it be powered by the HU or an external amp- which you noted

dont forget location, location, location. what they want to do to their doors/pods to position the speakers. how much fab work they want to do.

I took a risk and got some 6.5 hifonic zeus component sets x2(60$$$ SHIPPID!) sitting in the corner havent installed them yet but going to run 110rms to each speak see how it turns out 120$ what the hell worth the try cant be that bad of a 6.5 set.

not sure what your after, and I cant comment on the sound they produce, but there is a set of crescendo audio 6.5 components right at $99 crescendo 6.5 they give you absolutely no details on them, this probably doesnt help at all lol.

Mine are on their way. $99.99 shipped FTMFW! :drink40: