ok i know people on here say not to bother with a capasitor but almost everyone in my town here is telling me not to get a 2nd battery b/c it's not going to be as good and i'm wondering y you guys reccomend the battery over a capasitor? they tell me that caps are made for letting big draws out and batterys arn't ment for that, now i'm unsure what to do it's for a daily system a sundown saz2000d and fi btl 12" and big three 1/0 wire.

Big draws are for battery's you think something that is almost 4x the size won't be worth it. the Capacitor is mostly for dimming and will not keep your voltage up.

they keep telling me that if i have a big amp like that and it s hitting really hard that i will end up just killing batterys b/c they say batteries cant handle the quick release is this true ?

Edited by icy_chris

normal batteries aren't meant for the deep release and charge that large systems can put on them, that's why we install "deep-cycle" batteries. they are designed to keep up with the constant ups and downs of high powered systems. Don't get a capacitor. A larger starter battery one in the back (if it's still needed) will do you much better. :fing34:

if you get one The SSA family will flame you. A smaller battery such as the Kinetik Hc600 is better than a larger capacitor.

ok i have a 98 sunfire and ive got a 800cca canadian tire battery biggest i could fit under the hood it has a 105 min reserve so i'm estimating its around 30-40ah but its hard to get a bigger one b/c it hase to be side terminal b/c i have 1-2 inch clearence from top of my hood to the battery and witch battery would you guys recomend for the 2nd battery? price range up to 300 with shipping

oh and i forgot to add my alt is a 110amp stock and would it be better to do a h/o alt or the batterie if i had to choose one witch would be the best to do ?

bump

bump

Don't constantly bump you're stuff, we'll get to you.

I know Optima Makes side post terminals, Kinetik does, and I'm pretty sure XS does.

You can always add a second battery to your trunk, I also would invest in the big 3 and a High Output Alternator.

sorry for that. and i have the big three in 1/0 gauge but for now i am wondering if i should do the 2nd battery first or the alternator ?

sorry for that. and i have the big three in 1/0 gauge but for now i am wondering if i should do the 2nd battery first or the alternator ?

i'd probably go for the alternator contact rob at DC Power Engineering Inc, They make some insane alternators.

i tryed getting a hold of him but no luck so far and i have found an iraggi 200amp for 259.00 on ebay comes with 1 year warrenty are they any good ?

Chris take it from me when I had that amp in my grand am all I had powering it was my stock alt of 110 and a kinetic 2400 in the back and a voltage meter also the big 3

Take it from me depending on your habit that will work out for your needs

And hey you can pm me any setup related questions like this.

Capacitors do not make power, batteries do. When your capacitor is discharged (which takes a few seconds at best) it relies on the battery to charge it again which is MORE of a drain on your electrical system, because your alternator and battery are forced to power your amplifier and charge the capacitor again as well as your basic electrical components in the vehicle.

take a look at this little kinetik battery .. My linkhttp://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC600-Watt-Power-Battery/dp/B000LUBQ4I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1278561587&sr=8-2 .. "more power than a 100 farad capacitor" .. battery is for sure the way to go, these people telling you to get a cap need to get over here on SSA and learn what the hell there doing ;)

Look.. Watch this video!!!!!

It shows you how to figure out how many amp hours of batteries you need along with how much amperage you need from your alternator..

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

Capacitors do not make power, batteries do. When your capacitor is discharged (which takes a few seconds at best) it relies on the battery to charge it again which is MORE of a drain on your electrical system, because your alternator and battery are forced to power your amplifier and charge the capacitor again as well as your basic electrical components in the vehicle.

i thought only alts make the power? batteries are a large storage for the power, no? (i didnt put the negative rep on your post, im just curious.)

But other than that question X2 on the rest of the post :)

Batteries do make power through chemical reaction, but the rate they make it at and the rate the amp uses it at is so far apart it makes the point completely worthless. Draw a little bit of current from the battery for awhile the battery will discharge. The main thing batteries have over capacitors for car audio is reserve capacity, meaning they have the ability to supply current for a longer time.

I learned a long time ago to not listen to what other people tell me about car audio in my town. Cause they all ride around with either kicker or Sony Xplod subs and think sony decks are amazing. I had a installer tell me even if i did the Big 3 on my car I'd still have electrical issues with only 1k watts in my rsx.

I did some research online to find out that little to nobody is using caps in my car and another guy was using 2k watts with with just his grounds 0 gauge.

Capacitors are just for looks.. Get some real updrades like a h.o. Alt first or else it doesnt matter how good of a battery u may get, if its not getting fully charged its gonna get owned.

Batteries do make power through chemical reaction, but the rate they make it at and the rate the amp uses it at is so far apart it makes the point completely worthless. Draw a little bit of current from the battery for awhile the battery will discharge. The main thing batteries have over capacitors for car audio is reserve capacity, meaning they have the ability to supply current for a longer time.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :fing34:

i thought only alts make the power? batteries are a large storage for the power, no? (i didnt put the negative rep on your post, im just curious.)

But other than that question X2 on the rest of the post :)

What a good post to mark as bad, whoever did it.

Thanks for covering for me Bromo :)

thanks guy for all your input and help :drink40: