imhungnurnot

I need to get my rearview mirror to stay on my windshield.

So after I installed my DD 9512g, its been knocking off my rear view mirror. I think this is the fourth time that it has came off. Its really not that loud to be doing this. It came off at Scraping the Coast 2010 and it took a piece of the windshield with it!!!!! I always use permatex extreme adhesive. I don't know what else to do now. Any ideas?

Im thinking it might be due to the vibration in my floor translating to the windshield. My floor vibrates a lot along with my side mirrors and door panels.

put a wall in the back and forget the rearview lol

I always give up on them after they fall off

Use a flexable adhesive and make sure you clean the heck out of the glass. One of the guys here can probably tell you but I would reach for denatured alchohol after cleaning it with something like invisible glass or windex.

I'm not sure but maybe an epoxy would do the trick. It might not be as flexible but the bond might be better.

Maybe scuff up the back side of the mirror too where the plastic is.

eh... after I get mine secured to the windshield the shaft breaks in two... losing battle... lol

I'm not sure but maybe an epoxy would do the trick. It might not be as flexible but the bond might be better.

If you do that, you're going to take a chunk out of the glass when it falls off. ;)

Make sure your winshield itself is securly positioned. If that is vibrating due to looseness at the edges (worn weather stripping), it can allow extra vibrations across the windshield, which will weaken the glue bond for the mirror.

Watch me get flamed now.....

You could turn it down?

:D

Hope your wearing that Almighty Flame suit complete with Flame screen.

Make sure your winshield itself is securly positioned. If that is vibrating due to looseness at the edges (worn weather stripping), it can allow extra vibrations across the windshield, which will weaken the glue bond for the mirror.

Hmm. Could be, after the truck was wrecked the windshield didn't fit quite right. But its in there and it doesn't leak, and i'm not about to try to bend the cab back to its original shape. lol

If you do that, you're going to take a chunk out of the glass when it falls off. ;)

Too late for that. lol It pulled a chunk of glass out when it came off at Scrapin.

throw some wide angle bubbles on your side mirrors and forget about the rear view lol

fab up a bracket to come down from your roof to hold the mirror. one of my old nissan trucks had the mirror attached to the roof like that and the map lights covered the brackets. never lost that mirror with 6 10s and 1000w

fab up a bracket to come down from your roof to hold the mirror. one of my old nissan trucks had the mirror attached to the roof like that and the map lights covered the brackets. never lost that mirror with 6 10s and 1000w

I actually thought about that, but I'm planning to buy a new truck. Also, I didn't realize how massive the SAX 100.4s are. I ordered one last week not thinking about the size because four channels are usually pretty small. HA well i saw one today in a buddies van.. FREAKING HUGE lol

mine never breaks from the glue.. but always from the metal it breaks like a twig....

not a big deal for me.. as all my company trucks have no rear view... so im acustom to it.. no 18 wheeler has a rear view.

but either way i say trash it.

I actually thought about that, but I'm planning to buy a new truck. Also, I didn't realize how massive the SAX 100.4s are. I ordered one last week not thinking about the size because four channels are usually pretty small. HA well i saw one today in a buddies van.. FREAKING HUGE lol

Gotta have room for all the crossover functions :)

Gotta have room for all the crossover functions :)

He saw my 100.4 and jizzed lol

There really isn't a perfect to get it to stay on. I give up on mine the first time they fall off, no need to fight then inevitable.