bob jeffery

Loud and low for less that $150.

Not looking for anything spectacular, just something decently loud with decent sq that gets low for around 150. This will be going in a suburban so there is plenty of room. I was thinking about 1 15" RE srx? Or maybe even a 18" dayton classic? Just looking for some cheap bass, nothing extravagant.

The new Fi X is out which is very cheap.

anyways Fi > RE

anyways Fi > RE

X2

anyways Fi > RE

X2

those are only available in 12 inch , that very well be enough BOOM .... second hand is another option with that kind of budget , start looking in SSA's wanted/for sale topic off course !

you could do 4 re 8s for about 170

i had that and it was loud and got low

Good budget little set up

anyways Fi > RE

X2

those are only available in 12 inch , that very well be enough BOOM .... second hand is another option with that kind of budget , start looking in SSA's wanted/for sale topic off course !

Fi X comes in 10, 12, or 15". Not just 12" like you say...

anyways Fi > RE

X2

was just in the for sale section and i saw a 12 fi ssd for $150... might be going soon tho

I have looked at the Fi X 15, but I couldn't find any posts about them on any forums, so I didn't know if they were any good. They are $140 on the Fi Site. They have a higher FS then the re, so would that not cause them to be louder higher up in the range?

all of those are great options :D

you'll just have to flip a coin.

all of those are great options :D

you'll just have to flip a coin.

What is the best option lol? I mean, I want the loudest for the price lol.

Well, they're all great options. You'll hear this a lot on here "It's all install dependent", your equipment choice is only one part of your entire system. What kind of car do you have? What upgrades do you have? Big 3, large gauge wire, HO alternator, or multiple batteries? What kind of budget are you trying to stay in? Also what experiences with previous systems do you have?

Well, they're all great options. You'll hear this a lot on here "It's all install dependent", your equipment choice is only one part of your entire system. What kind of car do you have? What upgrades do you have? Big 3, large gauge wire, HO alternator, or multiple batteries? What kind of budget are you trying to stay in? Also what experiences with previous systems do you have?

I'm running a cheaaaap budget, but will upgrade later. At my age, I don't have very much money, so I will probably just buy this combo http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27501_Combo-+Rockford+Fosgate+PRIME+R500-1+%2B+Amp+Kit.html I'm trying to stay around a total price of $300, I know that really is probably a bad idea, but thats all I have. Its going in a 1980 suburban, so there is plenty of room lol.

So cone area is your friend, get us some measurements of the space you're willing to use.

So cone area is your friend, get us some measurements of the space you're willing to use.

Pretty much like, i think i have 40 inches wide, i'd like it to be around a foot or a little taller, and length is whatever i need. I have like, maybe 3 feet or more to use for length.

Pretty much like, i think i have 40 inches wide, i'd like it to be around a foot or a little taller, and length is whatever i need. I have like, maybe 3 feet or more to use for length.

Exact measurements would help me out a lot ;)

Exact measurements would help me out a lot ;)

42 inches wide, a foot tall, and the length is whatever it needs to be. Most of the 15's seem to have recommendations around 3 cubes for a ported box, and I could do that easily.

I just need the depth lol, without that i can't design an enclosure ;). Also I think you should consider bumping up your budget by maybe a 100-200 dollars. Considering two fifteens will be more expensive then a single one, also I think that the Fi x's would be your best bet since they have higher xmax than the 187s and are the same power handling as the 187s.

I'm running a cheaaaap budget, but will upgrade later. At my age, I don't have very much money, so I will probably just buy this combo http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27501_Combo-+Rockford+Fosgate+PRIME+R500-1+%2B+Amp+Kit.html I'm trying to stay around a total price of $300, I know that really is probably a bad idea, but thats all I have. Its going in a 1980 suburban, so there is plenty of room lol.

Don't use age as an excuse. ;) Chances are, me and you are about the same age. lol

you could go with daber audio.... Ive heard pretty good things about them

in a burban id go with a 15". anything these guys mention is worth the money. also peep craigslist for your city, im always finding hella deals on there. or pawn shops im always finding good subs at good prices. if u do use craigslist or a pawn shop make sure u hear it b4 u buy it.

also wut are u doing for a stereo? the h/u is a big factor..... make sure u get s/w outputs lol

I have 4 Fi X 12's... Yea, they are loud and clear for the price!!! The new ones have 2 more mm of Xmax.. so im guessin they'll sound even better!!! I think I paid under 300 for all four of mine.. They were selling so cheap once they stopped making them!!! Is this your first system? You'll be very happy with a single or pair of 15's.. also, i'm sure everyone on here will take care of you.. but I'd recommend tuning to around 32 Hz due to the not very stiff suspension.. You don't wanna blow the thing by playing frequencies below tuning as i think it could easily happen with the looser suspension..

Two 15's would make some noise as long as you can build a fairly decent box to put those bad boys in!!! DONT BE cheap with your systems it will cost you more in the long run 2more weeks of saving wont kill you....