Havasufreak

which sub is better! Need help!

hey guys! so im in a little stuck.

im going to be gutting out my old system and throwing a 1cuft ported or maybe bigger (if i can) under the back seat of my truck. i just went to a shop and they had some demo cars with just one Avionixx amp i believe a 2800m series and one 12" Concept sub of some sort and sounded awesome. its not a crazy set up, but that sounded great to me..

SO has anyone heard of these two brands? i sure havent. would the above set up be any better then the audioque 1200 amp and 10" fi bl i plan on doing?

thanks in advance for any info!!

never heard of the other brands but i have the 12" btl and it surpassed all of my expectations by a mile fi makes a truely amazing sub in my mind and ive heard the bl get really loud as well

stick to your plan dude! AQ and fi are both good companies

I never heard of either of those companies.........................................

..just saying.

Ah, :( I thought this was going to be a thread about a boat stereo.

Either way, Minnetonka > Havasu

haha. thanks guys! yea ive never heard of these brands either. they looked kinda cheap. the sub had like a triple something from what i heard. they both did very well and it slammed HARD. im just getting more and more iffy with fi.

i keep hearing they arent that reliable!? whats up with that?

it's not that they arnt reliable its a sub it does what its told people just think because they are built like a tank they can turn up thier amps and push it too hard and end up clipping the amp and distring the sub = death of a sub

that makes total sense. thanks man! cant wait to get it all installed!

i have a box that can be made for about 200. top products and all. they have to do some custom work to fit it in there. you think its a good deal??

cheapest way is to build it yourself not too hard there is lots of info on here about that to help my box only cost me 70$ all said and done but if not 200 isn't bad if its custom and for fi 30-33hz sounds wonderfull my box is 32-33hz and it blew me away for sound

oh and for port area you will want about 12-16 square inches of opening per cubic ft of box 33 is optimal tuning for that driver as recomended on thier site

what do you rec for a bl 10?

and clearance!! thats an important one! since its going to be under the seat im not sure how much room to leave. im guessing 3 to 4?

if you have any more questions i can help somewhat with the sub get the d2 ohm and wire it to 1ohm to the amp that bl will love that amp :woot: and if in your price range get it fully loaded to help the power handling

So true!

the mounting depth of the bl 10" is 6.25 inches so your box would have to be 8" and the smallest high for that sub

Avionixx was the house brand for an electronics buildhouse called Value Electronics. Elemental Designs distributed/sold the Avionixx amplifiers back in the '04 - '05 range, until eD began offering their own line of amplifiers. Value Electronics was also the buildhouse for those early Elemental Designs amplifiers. Avionixx was a hot name on the internet until eD stopped carrying them in favor of their own branded amplifiers....Avionixx switched to a couple different resellers but I don't think it every really had the momentum it did when they are being pushed by eD. They weren't bad amplifiers. They're no Sinfoni, but no Pyramid either. Pretty middle of the road. I hadn't even realized they were still around until this thread, searching google I see they still have an active website. Interesting.

Concept has been around for a while as well. They used to have some higher powered cheaper amplifiers that were all the rage back in the '03 - '05 time frame. The subwoofers weren't overly popular, however they did offer one interesting line. I believe the CSP line was design/built by RE (which means it was probably designed by Scott, the same Scott who now owns Fi ). I believe it used an XBL^2 motor. The RE Destroyers that were popular a couple years ago used the CSP motor. If your subwoofer is a CSP, it might be a pretty decent subwoofer.

So true!

I've never been to either, how do they compare to Lake Powell?

Minnetonka has more shoreline than Lake Superior or any other great lake. Beautiful wooded areas and some monsterous Mansions around the lake.

It's an 14,528-acre lake.

LakeMinnetonkaBlue.jpg

Minnetonka has more shoreline than Lake Superior or any other great lake. Beautiful wooded areas and some monsterous Mansions around the lake.

LakeMinnetonkaBlue.jpg

I Google imaged it before posting, The scenery is gorgeous!!!

Yea the whole area is beautiful. Great fishing lake as well.

The Avionixx CX series amps seem to have stayed unchanged for a number of years now. I did not know they now off FR-Class-D, not sure if they are a new design or from Zenon or similar.

Sorry for the thread jack!

iirmc Avionixx was a decent mid level amplifier company, Impious touched on this and glad to see them still around.

LakeMinnetonkaBlue.jpg

I Google imaged it before posting, The scenery is gorgeous!!!

I am a bit biased, but considering I live on Lake Minnetonka I think the bias is fair :)

Are local audio shop sells conecept subwoofers and other cheap crap" Razor,Pioner,Jensen,Planet Audio" they rip people off with so if they sell it cant be worth anything i would ever buy! listeing what the hell i would spend a couple minutes but my wallet hell no!!

Are local audio shop sells conecept subwoofers and other cheap crap" Razor,Pioner,Jensen,Planet Audio" they rip people off with so if they sell it cant be worth anything i would ever buy! listeing what the hell i would spend a couple minutes but my wallet hell no!!

I'm not really sure of half of what you just said.

I remember Avionixx being highly pushed a few years ago. But IIRC, they had an issue with one of their amps having problems that they had to fix a lot. I'm not 100% sure my memory is correct though. The Concept subs used to be ok, their amplifiers had a pretty decent following, especially since I think they were one of the first with a 2,000+ watt amp (I think their 2400D).