BigB2202

My system

Just had my system installed yesterday the 26th. I finished my custom box, carpeted and everything. Its 2.3cuft tuned to 33hz and its ported. I have a stinger amp kit, all 0 gauge. I also have a 250amp fuse. My system includes one 12in fi bl fully loaded, and a sundown sae1200d, which is capable of producing 1500 watts rms at 1ohm. This is my first system. OHH and i also purchased a line driver from jl that was like 200 bucks. Anyway my system HITS HARDDD Aas HELLLL. It freaken vibrates the cars around me. I annoy people alott on the street. People think i have 2 18's in the trunk of a 2010 altima lmaooo that wouldent even fit. What the hell i dident no my system would be this loud. The subsonic filter on my amp is tuned to 30 and all my bass knobs are turned doWWNN. All the adjustments are right on the amp. All i have to say is WOWOW. I dont no but for some reason i am wayyyy louder than my friend that has 2 jlw7's running at 2000 watts rms. How the hell am i louder than him?? You cant even breath in my car... WTF I LOVR FI. That is the good stuff. I also did the big 3 upgrade with all 0 gauge wire from JL. When i turn the volume up all the way, my voltage is at 14.4 volts.. I dont even have a battery, just the big 3. I LOVE FI

does the sub have to break in a little more becuase its still VERY stiff. It wont even go down when i push it

Glad you're enjoying your new system. :drink40:

However if I may, can I offer you some advice from personal experience?

1. Annoying the cars around you isn't an accomplishment. You can do that with your horn and erratic driving. In fact it makes everyone in this hobby\industry look bad.

2. Be careful who you show your system to, and also how loud you play it around where you live. There's no reason to advertise your setup to potential thieves. Also, if you haven't yet I'd invest in an alarm at the very least.

3. Cranking the HU to 100% can send a clipped signal. This mixed with a line driver is most likely a recipe for disaster.

Lastly, if you're not sure of something..Don't hesitate to ask around here. Also, we like pictures.

just got my lovely BL today! :drink40:

Why are you going from a BTL to a BL?

just got my lovely BL today! :drink40:

Why are you going from a BTL to a BL?

downgrading, i sold my SUV and now am going to a sedan

sorry guys, im going to post pics very soon, becuase ive been very busy with school lately. Oh and yes i do have a car alarm system. It is a VERY sensitive alarms. And the dont crank up the volume ALL the way. THe max is 30 i put it to 26 or 27.

That is still to high volume wise unless you set your gains to allow you to turn your volume that high (usually you dont want to go higher than 75-80%) of max volume. Dont think cause others can hear your system you done a good job, music is for your enjoyment and not others at all unless they are riding with you (please be respectful with your system). I doubt it sounds like 2-18"s but I dont want to bust your bubble, congrats on your new equipment and glad your enjoying it.

One reason why you may be louder than your friends is the fact he has sq subs and you dont, but there are thousands of other factors on why you can be louder than him (more cone area and power does no always equal louder but most times it will). It depends, everything in car audio is install dependent (he may have major flaws in his setup).

yeah Brandon, I told you on the phone it is going to beat bro. Listen to me lol I told you this also you are still young and got much to learn. please don't drive around with your crew on the weekend's bumpin and pissing people off, you make all of us look bad. I dont care what you do bro its your equipment but you will end up ruining it trying to make the guy 2 cars to your left look over so you can get a laugh. I aint gonna bullshit i used to do it to i am sure we all have at a time, This is your first setup and your first car your parent's just got for you. You will know what i mean by this... if your parent's are anything like mine being the same nationality you and I, I will promise you this... once you go home with that first ticket they are going to kick your ass and make you take all your shit out. That will suck!!!!

I am glad it's beeting good bro, sorry i haven't gotten back to you i work all week until sunday. Get at me tomarrow and ill come take a listen and give you a fine tune and check things out.

be smart! and don't be a ufti like the rest of the kid's around here.