Impious

Uh Oh.......

My g/f called me at work to tell me that there was a big, heavy package delivered to our doorstep today.

Wonder what it could be....... :peepwall:

My g/f called me at work to tell me that there was a big, heavy package delivered to our doorstep today.

Wonder what it could be.......  :peepwall:

ooo! oooo!

:hyper:

SWEET!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you finally order your RL-p?

LOL....no, I've had an Rl-p for about 9 months now :P

LOL....no, I've had an Rl-p for about 9 months now :P

uh oh, a really heavy package, I see, RL-s is a waiting

Excellent, hurry up and get HOME!

Either that or tell her to start installing so we can hear how it sounds.

Excellent, hurry up and get HOME!

Either that or tell her to start installing so we can hear how it sounds.

lol, wish my wife could build a box and get it working in the car while i was wor.....watching tv :D

if anyone can you can squeak-make that bastard rl-s suffer........ 3000wrms i.b in your rear shelf.i double dare you with a cherry on top :hay:

Well, it would be in the box pounding away right now if it wasn't freaking raining outside!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry2::angry2:

I dream about having a huuuuuge attached garage with full tool sets, a wood working area, and dozens of pneumatic tools. One day :(

I have a garage....but lighting in it sucks, and it's piled full of crap :(

I have a garage....but lighting in it sucks, and it's piled full of crap :(

Hey I know how you feel. Every project involves an hour of moving stuff outside and reorganizing everything. Sucks ass.

Well, finally got my box jerry-rigged to accept the Rl-s :D

From my calculations....should be ~3.8cuft less sub displacement and a small brace. So, we'll just call it 3.5cuft.

Only had about 10 minutes listening time so far hooked up to my Soundstream Rubicon 702. Man this sub is power hungry. The 702 is throwing everything it has at the Rl-s (~800w), and it's just tickling it. I can hear the Rl-s in the trunk just laughing. Seriously, I think it's laughing at me. Has decent output despite the low power levels. For a "pure" sound quality install, this power level wouldn't be bad.....not overbearing and overpowering the front stage, but enough to let you know it's there. Definitely not getting it anywhere near it's output potential though.....not even close.

Sound wise; clean. Little to no noticeable distortion thus far. Though, given that I'm barely even moving the damned thing, this would be expected :P Not much I can really say other than that right now given the limited ear time I've had with it.

I'll get some more listening time on it tommorrow, and hopefully be able to hook up with Dave (audiolife) and toss some real power at this thing :woot: We'll see.

Someone put some power on this thing!!!!!

Well, I have the afternoon off, and have okay'd it with the ole lady to be gone for a while.

So if I can get ahold of Dave, we're going to head over to Ohio for a while. Should have a good 4kw on tap to give 'er over there ;) If that's not power, I don't know what is..........

Someone put some power on this thing!!!!!

Well, I have the afternoon off, and have okay'd it with the ole lady to be gone for a while.

So if I can get ahold of Dave, we're going to head over to Ohio for a while. Should have a good 4kw on tap to give 'er over there ;) If that's not power, I don't know what is..........

I'm renting a crown. the crown.

BTW - Mike, You may have a Dealership inquiry coming from my area: Jim @ Underground AutoSound.

Nick

DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! DAVE!

oh baby 4k of power...squeak if u pull this of with a good review and a good vid(with audio)

i think i will chit on myself.......hell i might even paypal ya 2dollars..lol

j/k about the 2dollars...catch me next month 4 some money...lol :nopity:

ok 1.12 it is...lol

Life sucks.

Nothing ever goes my way.

The kid didn't have it setup to where we could demo the sub on those amps :crying: :crying:

We might be able to try later on....but it's an 1.5hr drive over there, and I don't know if I'll be able to make the trip again in the near future.

However, Adam (the guy in ohio) and Dave (audiolife) both like the sound of the sub, even off of this little power. Very clean, smooth, natural sounding.

I think, overall, I like the sound of the Rl-s over the Rl-p. The Rl-s seems to have a little more "full" sound in the lower frequencies (~25-45hz), is a little more natural sounding and a little more clean in it's bass reproduction. But below ~25hz the Rl-p takes over in output in my setup....probably due to the low power levels. I'm sure with ~2000w the Rl-s would fill out the low low end much better. And as Kent said; the Rl-s has no top end extension. It's a true subwoofer, and only really for someone with strong midbass (which, if you're spending this much on a subwoofer, I'd presume you had an overall decent setup).

But man I'd like to see what this thing can really do!!!

I'm half tempted to pick up a Behringer EP2500 from PE and just return it after I send the sub off.

With all the problems finding power maybe an IB setup would be the best compromise.....hint...hint...nudge...nudge...beg...beg