williampaul

curved when i was trying to cut....

okay guys im making my brother- in-laws box and i was cutting with a jigsaw and made a little curve by any chance do you think it will be okay because you have no clue how worried i am about this i mean i want to do it right but i just hope i didn't mess it up if anybody thinks it's fine just send me a p.m or just put it on here because i really REALLY need to know......

Curve were??? Pics would help.

Curve were??? Pics would help.

It was on the side i was making a 14inch tall but 13inch wide side for the box itself and i starting to cut and before i could get the saw dust blown off it was curved i would have to go to our shop tomarrow im in school right now and can not go back in there but its right on the side of the piece i was cutting i just hope its alright i mean it not that big of a curve but for a sub box maybe.......

i can get pictures but i do not know if they will be the greatest because i have to take it with my laptop so ill try my best

Edited by williampaul

but the bad thing it will be tomorrow i would get it today but i do not have anyone to come and get me so i can stay after.

Seriously, WTF?

To answer your question.........Yes or no, its highly possible, but doubtful.

okay YOUNG GRASSHOPER i;m new to this shit okay u guys wouldn't even give the demenions for it in the damn first place so i had to make my own it was a simple a question already got it answered so young grasshoper dont worry about it then.......... or sirlance alot i dont know i dont care could of been nicer about it i dont do this for a living like you

Edited by williampaul

WTF are you talking about? You didn't give any good descriptions or pictures of the problem. We are not there or are we in your head to know wtf ever you are trying to mean.

Can I slap the OP? :noob:

You were trying to cut a straight line for a side of the box and you accidental curved a little, right?

This is not okay because now the box won't be air tight and will have a leak.

This will effect performance in a bad way.

My suggestion is getting more wood and starting over.

yes what spl man said i was cutting some mfd board and made like less then a quater of an inch curve and i was wondering if i can save it or not spl_man??????

You were trying to cut a straight line for a side of the box and you accidental curved a little, right?

it wont be damn so do i need to cut a new side for the box then?????

it wont be damn so do i need to cut a new side for the box then?????

Yes sir.

Type a perfect sentence and use grammar please so it is easy to understand what your saying, this is not a text message. Depending on how much of a curve you did will depend on if the wood can be used or not, you may still be able to use it just put extra glue and silicone in that area. But it really depends where the curve is, how bad the curve is and if you can still attach the box together without loosing support in that area. When you get a picture of the baffle that you cut, then post it so we can help you better.

You can not save it, move to mexico and start a new life.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's hard to help you without pics !

But why don't you want to cut another piece ? Money ?

Hey Fucktard, Either take a picture so you can get an straight answer or cut another piece.

Freaking out over a $30 sheet of MDF is ridiculous.

BTW Lowes and Home Depot will cut it for free!!!!!!!!!!

firstly man, calm down no need to get mad at everyone, be a little more specific. Posting a picture is going to be your best bet to get a valid answer.

Depending on how much you cut out, you can sand it out and you'll be good, but if it's past the point where the seal between the surround and wood is open then your kinda screwed.

You could always double baffle the enclosure if it isn't already, and that would solve your problem!

Good luck :)

Thought you messed up the cutout for the driver, not the side... my bad.

But I would still suggest Posting a picture!!!! but it does sound your going to have to redo that side / box depending on if everything's glued already.

Hey Fucktard, Either take a picture so you can get an straight answer or cut another piece.

Freaking out over a $30 sheet of MDF is ridiculous.

BTW Lowes and Home Depot will cut it for free!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

If you curved it outward, just sand it down to where it's flat. If you curved it inward, you'll have a leak where you join that piece with another. You can either butt up the other piece to that one so that the curve doesn't matter, or put it together with clamps and see how large the hole will be. If you're screwing it together while you glue, the screws can pull a bit of a curve in and just bend the pieces together. Or you might be able to seal it with caulk if the gap isn't too large. If it is too large, you'll just have to cut a new piece.

You can not save it, move to mexico and start a new life.

Do this.