matj1990

need help on system choice

2x12 vs 1x18 or maybe  

18 members have voted

1. 1. wich is going be louder

• 2 12" lethal injections
    • 1 18" death row
    • 2 12" sdc2.5

plan on putting the system in my alero truck system with port facing front of car rear seats folded down maybe removed looking to see what will get louder im guessing the 2 12"s becuase of cone advantage but since im new figured id ask before i buy kinda looking to get 130-140+ db i was impressed with youtube user tyler trons old setup in his alero hitting 155db but his subs were 350 each lol cant afford that thanks if you have any other sudjestions budjet is 4-5 hundred a wall is out of the question though

Edited by smokey

130-140db is easy.

Now which setup will be louder out of those options? whose to say...

What kind of amp will you be using and what kind of electrical do/will you have? Also, Getting an 18 in the trunk of an Alero will be a nightmare.. you'd be better off with 1 15" than an 18 if you're trying to go big. Have you looked at the Fi SSD's? 2 of those 12's would be around your price range and you could get into the 40's easily with the right enclosure/electrical.

EDIT: Getting an 18" in your trunk facing forward the way you're talking would be a nightmare. The way Tyler has it isn't as bad, but still not a cakewalk. I think the Alero's only have an opening of like 14-16 inches (height) in the cab opening

Tylertron didn't make a 155...

Tylertron didn't make a 155...

ok then i thought thats what his numbers were with his 13v's ?

and yes if i do an 18 i no theres no way in hell to mount it like that

as far as amp and electronics i plan on basing that of the subs i put in this way im not limited on sub choices

plan on putting the system in my alero truck system with port facing front of car rear seats folded down maybe removed looking to see what will get louder im guessing the 2 12"s becuase of cone advantage but since im new figured id ask before i buy kinda looking to get 130-140+ db i was impressed with youtube user tyler trons old setup in his alero hitting 155db but his subs were 350 each lol cant afford that thanks if you have any other sudjestions budjet is 4-5 hundred a wall is out of the question though

Funny never seen him post termlab vids to support this claim....... :fing34:

Funny never seen him post termlab vids to support this claim....... :fing34:

lol not saying it was true or not honestly i have no idea but im thinking just for the ease of it going with 2 x 12"s Li

I did a 139.2 in a trunk car with a single DR15 and 500 watts. My vote is a single DR15 or 18, whatever you have room for.

Mine is in 3.0 tuned to 30. It's nasty :)

Kef

I did a 139.2 in a trunk car with a single DR15 and 500 watts. My vote is a single DR15 or 18, whatever you have room for.

Mine is in 3.0 tuned to 30. It's nasty :)

Kef

yes i seen you post and was very impressed my thought is though 2 12's would have same or more motor force then the single 15/18 and they would have more cone area thus making them louder ? correct me if im wrong i am a noob :P

The two 12's would have slightly more cone area, which means they would be as loud or louder off the same power.

I suggested one sub though more for the impressive factor. People can't believe that mine is as loud as it is off one sub and 500 watts.

It's really your call more than anything. I just threw my two pennies in. I think that whatever way you end up going you'll be happy with the IA products.

Kef

ok well seems im going to be running 1200-1500 rms what amp would u guys recommend for me was thinking a sundown 1200d ? what else

Heard good things about the AQ1200D. Cheaper than the sundown and does rated

Audioques are good amps .... can't beat em for the $$$

I had 2 IA LI 15" and then went to 1 18" DR and the DR by far has been louder. Both were powered by a Sundown SAZ-1000D.

Couldn't disagree more. Easy to beat per $.

There's also the AP1500D. Heard those things do rated as well. Just throwing names

I say one 15 not as much cone area as two 12's but hell of cheaper then buying two drivers. Save some money for a amp and stay in budget!!! one 15 one amp then your banging brotha!!

Edited by Dictator1992

AQ and AP ftw!

as other's have called it, 15 or 18 ftw

AQ and AP ftw!

He definitely cant fit an 18'' subwoofer in that trunk prpoerly :peepwall:

AQ and AP ftw!

He definitely cant fit an 18'' subwoofer in that trunk prpoerly :peepwall:

lol if i have to ill rip out the back seat and make one fit but i do think an 18 could be done in the trunk would be hard though

I did the single 18 in my Civic trunk and it was a nightmare but loud a consistent 145-146 at USAC. (With a DD9518 AND A Hifonics Collossus 3200 Watts RMS) Now for the time being I am running an American Bass 100.1 1200watts Rms on two 187's 12's and do a 143. I don't know if you follow what I am saying is cone area is only so much I do much better by maximizing my car as an enclosure and its transfer function. I cant wait to drop theses two death penalties on 4k

Couldn't disagree more. Easy to beat per $.

I Couldn't Agree More, Junk.

Edit: Didn't Realize This Thread Was So Damn Old... :poop:

Edited by BigCProductions99