BanginGMC

Help me pick out some tweeters

Aww, Duran fails :ughdunno:

No, marketing lies fooled you.

This thread became more complicated then i expected.

I never said i "only" just want to hear the words.. so i don't know why you quoted me on that. I don't know if you have ever sat in a 150+ daily for more then 15 minutes or owned a system that did 150+ daliy but once you have... its not easy to hear the words in the songs, and thats my goal! I don't just want speakers that will "only" play vocal, i want to hear the words in the songs that i play. A lot of people have the issues i have, and they go with super tweeters to fix that problem and they say it has worked. Do i know that for a fact? No, because i haven't heard their install to rightfully say I KNOW it will work.

I was looking into bullet tweeters because someone brought them up in post #12.

After talking to Jay-Cee for a few minutes, i'm leaning towards the Selenium ST200 Super Tweeter.

Sir-Lancelot, with the Super Tweeters you've experienced with.. do you think they would help me hear the words better?

Dom,

thats what M5 is saying, you wont hear words with the super tweeters.

Pro Audio mids are made to get loud as shit on vocals and that is what you should be looking at. Then you could add a tweeter or horn to bring up the higher frequencies.

Most super tweeters only play in the higher frequencies not voice. They will not play low, just wont so you are looking at crossing them at 3500 - 5000hz so you will need a high efficiency mid that will play pretty high. In order to play that high, they crap out on the midbass. I don't think that's an issue with your install. you have to give up something to get something else. I just went through it myself and i am pretty happy with the end results.

Dom,

thats what M5 is saying, you wont hear words with the super tweeters.

Pro Audio mids are made to get loud as shit on vocals and that is what you should be looking at. Then you could add a tweeter or horn to bring up the higher frequencies.

Most super tweeters only play in the higher frequencies not voice. They will not play low, just wont so you are looking at crossing them at 3500 - 5000hz so you will need a high efficiency mid that will play pretty high. In order to play that high, they crap out on the midbass. I don't think that's an issue with your install. you have to give up something to get something else. I just went through it myself and i am pretty happy with the end results.

This sucks... but i understand better now. So my issue can be resolved with mids, not tweeters/horns, correct? Midbass is not an issue with my install, so high efficiency mids is what i need then. What are some Pro Audio mids that will help me reach my goal? I have never looked into them, ever. Links would be amazing. What kind of mids are you using? Do you have any videos?

Also, back to the tweeters.. so for my highs then (because i have NO highs right now, sold them) i imagine the Super Tweeters will still be a good choice? (yes, i know some think they sound like shit) I need to buy some powerful highs that will mount on my dash..

Thanks,

Dom.

Do you mean super high frequencies, or in the normal tweeter range?

Do you mean super high frequencies, or in the normal tweeter range?

Honestly i couldn't tell you.. because i don't know the difference. I listen to rap all the time, if that helps. I just don't want my bass drowning out my highs.. i don't want you to get in my truck and say where is all the highs?

You don't need SHIT bullet tweets. They won't help you at all.

REALLY SIMPLE. You have an issue with words. Vocal range that you are concerned with is all well under 3000Hz. Therefore you need mids. If your midrange is chosen "only" have a sensitivity of 96dB there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to buy a tweeter that is over 100dB. Then what you will have is shrill, sharp, shitty sounding ultra high frequencies overpowering your words. It won't do jack for positive.

And yet again you haven't given us what we require noobs to go on. If we are talking mids we don't know: mounting location, size, aiming, power, budget, what you've heard you've liked....

You are going to end up with a bunch more useless crap that you are thinking will work if you keep this up. I am done repeating myself in your thread. If it goes on with mayhem fine, I've already put in more energy than I normally would for someone who completely ignores the pre-requisites for making a useful thread and YOU know better. :( Even worse as of course most of the idiots that make shitty threads will be attracted to yours based on the content and will look to copy it. Try harder PLEASE.

One other thing since you've struck a nerve. Videos are 10000% useless. What do you want to see? Someone play a woofer below tuning so it has mad excursion? That won't tell you shit about how it will sound and IMO is fricking gay anyways. The ONLY thing you should be interested in is who knows something that will fill your needs and why, but again that would require some information on your needs.

Time for you to choose. Don't hear words, kill your ears and buy some craptastic bullshit hyped Florida crap ass tweeter front stage or spend some time actually trying to make your thread useful for not only yourself and end up with something that works.

Conveniently for you if you truly drive around at 150dB a lot you won't have any hearing in a couple years so it won't matter anyways. And yes, I've heard/owned shit that'll make you just as deaf, just never with the goal of ONLY hearing the vocals LOL

You don't need SHIT bullet tweets. They won't help you at all.

REALLY SIMPLE. You have an issue with words. Vocal range that you are concerned with is all well under 3000Hz. Therefore you need mids. If your midrange is chosen "only" have a sensitivity of 96dB there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to buy a tweeter that is over 100dB. Then what you will have is shrill, sharp, shitty sounding ultra high frequencies overpowering your words. It won't do jack for positive.

And yet again you haven't given us what we require noobs to go on. If we are talking mids we don't know: mounting location, size, aiming, power, budget, what you've heard you've liked....

You are going to end up with a bunch more useless crap that you are thinking will work if you keep this up. I am done repeating myself in your thread. If it goes on with mayhem fine, I've already put in more energy than I normally would for someone who completely ignores the pre-requisites for making a useful thread and YOU know better. :( Even worse as of course most of the idiots that make shitty threads will be attracted to yours based on the content and will look to copy it. Try harder PLEASE.

One other thing since you've struck a nerve. Videos are 10000% useless. What do you want to see? Someone play a woofer below tuning so it has mad excursion? That won't tell you shit about how it will sound and IMO is fricking gay anyways. The ONLY thing you should be interested in is who knows something that will fill your needs and why, but again that would require some information on your needs.

Time for you to choose. Don't hear words, kill your ears and buy some craptastic bullshit hyped Florida crap ass tweeter front stage or spend some time actually trying to make your thread useful for not only yourself and end up with something that works.

Conveniently for you if you truly drive around at 150dB a lot you won't have any hearing in a couple years so it won't matter anyways. And yes, I've heard/owned shit that'll make you just as deaf, just never with the goal of ONLY hearing the vocals LOL

Videos may be useless to you.. but not me. It may be "fricking gay" for you.. and i'm cool with that buddy :)

Yes i "truly" drive around with 150db and i will have earing for a very long time. :fing34:

I am interested in "finding someone that will fill my needs".

"mounting location, size, aiming, power, budget, what you've heard you've liked...."

Mounting location, doors.

Size, doesn't matter because i'll fab whatever i need to fab. I'd like to keep the max at 8"

Power, whatever it takes.. because i'm looking for speakers that will work, not speakers that will work within a certain power range

Budget, doesn't matter.. because i'm looking for speakers that will work, not speakers that will work within a certain budget.. then i'll compare prices and go from there.

What i heard and like, my previous front stage that i talked about in my first post..

8511647.jpg

I could be reading this all wrong but I was looking on madisound and found these... :

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_248&products_id=90

Not sure if this is totally what you want to go for or even if it will work, but if I understood what I read from //M5 then I think this might be right...

I could be reading this all wrong but I was looking on madisound and found these... :

Not sure if this is totally what you want to go for or even if it will work, but if I understood what I read from //M5 then I think this might be right...

I decided i'm just going to stick with AA Carbons and some Seas tweeters :) I see fiberglass in the near future!

Fuck everyone who doubts me :D haha

Nice Signature by the way!!!! "baby amp" thats awesome.

I decided i'm just going to stick with AA Carbons and some Seas tweeters :) I see fiberglass in the near future!

Yea that's all your fault.. I ain't too happy about it either... lol

And those would cover half the vocal range in rap.

Videos may be useless to you.. but not me. It may be "fricking gay" for you.. and i'm cool with that buddy :)

Yes i "truly" drive around with 150db and i will have earing for a very long time. :fing34:

Then you know nothing about the human hearing mechanisms. You will NOT have your hearing for so long. You'll be the 30 year old that says what everywhere.

And you are going to blow up the SEAS really fast. Enjoy throwing money away, your approach is not at all going to do anything near what you want it to.

With your attitude I am actually eager to see you waste money, you just wasted the whole forum's time. Fitting retribution. Have fun. Shame because you can imagine had you actually given some information with the amount I've typed you'd have a hell of a solution but instead you are going to have something that won't be any different for your needs than what you just had. Hell probably not even as loud.

https://www.madisoun...&products_id=90

Just an FYI, those are good midrange speakers but they are strictly midrange speakers. They have .5mm excursion.....they won't do anything in the midbass.....and by anything, I mean anything. They would have to be used with dedicated midbass speakers.

But in a high efficiency 3-way setup.....yeah, those are great speakers.

As for the OP.....you may not like the way Sean provides the information.....but nothing he has said is wrong.

The ultimate solution to your problem would be a good set of high output large diameter mids and a pair of good HLCD. I don't know why those shitty "bullet tweeters" have caught on with the SPL crowd, but that is the worst implementation ever. All their widespread use proves is that SPL'ers have a loud stereo but don't really understand the first thing about acoustics in general. You'll end up toasting a pair of normal dome tweeters. Hell, really, those 4 mids you have now would probably do you fine with a set of good HLCD for reaching your goals.

thanks for clearing that up.... Impious is //M5's other half.... at least thats how I see it... lol

Then you know nothing about the human hearing mechanisms. You will NOT have your hearing for so long. You'll be the 30 year old that says what everywhere.

I drive around with the best ear plugs money can buy.. so I WILL have earing for a very long time.

The ultimate solution to your problem would be a good set of high output large diameter mids and a pair of good HLCD. I don't know why those shitty "bullet tweeters" have caught on with the SPL crowd, but that is the worst implementation ever. All their widespread use proves is that SPL'ers have a loud stereo but don't really understand the first thing about acoustics in general. You'll end up toasting a pair of normal dome tweeters. Hell, really, those 4 mids you have now would probably do you fine with a set of good HLCD for reaching your goals.

The bullet tweeters have caught on with the SPL crowd very strongly, most forums i went on to read up about my problem suggested them.. one guy had 48 Super Tweeter.. another had 18 bullet tweeters.

I have been considering a set of HLCD ever since i bought my SMDs... but, mounting them under my dash has me thinking they won't sound good..

I'm lookin' around for installs with them now.

LOL......you are worried about HLCD's not sounding good, but had yourself talked into a set of bullet tweeters?

They mount under the dash for a couple of reasons......first, mounting them "on axis" would rip your head off. Second, they use the lower portion of the dash as sort of an extension of the horn itself.....the sound sort of "rolls" up the dash. Third....they just flat out would be difficult to mount anywhere else :)

I've had two different sets of horns in my car.

LOL......you are worried about HLCD's not sounding good, but had yourself talked into a set of bullet tweeters?

They mount under the dash for a couple of reasons......first, mounting them "on axis" would rip your head off. Second, they use the lower portion of the dash as sort of an extension of the horn itself.....the sound sort of "rolls" up the dash. Third....they just flat out would be difficult to mount anywhere else :)

I've had two different sets of horns in my car.

Yeah haha.. when looking at so many options, any of them start to look good lol

Thanks for clearing that up for me, i'm looking into the HLCD mini CD1E right now. I read they take 75 watts, but i'm thinking about putting 125 watts to them. Do you think it'd be too much? I don't, but i don't know much about them.

What kind of horns do you have?

I drive around with the best ear plugs money can buy.. so I WILL have earing for a very long time.

Nope, wrong again. Read the label, find the specs and determine the amount they limit the frequencies you are plopping into your ear. Basically they do jack. You are murdering your future to hear.

thanks for clearing that up.... Impious is //M5's other half.... at least thats how I see it... lol

Then we are like the movie twins, he is nice I am an asshole.

Nope, wrong again. Read the label, find the specs and determine the amount they limit the frequencies you are plopping into your ear. Basically they do jack. You are murdering your future to hear.

:stupid:

Then we are like the movie twins, he is nice I am an arseho.

lmfao... you got it bro.. lol

Then we are like the movie twins, he is nice I am an arseho.

:lol2:

Edited by Bobobass