Mark LaFountain

600w FCON Prototype

I'm just curious how they will compare to other comparable drivers. I'm sure the quality will be much better.

What was going with the thermal issues to warrant a change? Adjusting for better air flow I'm guessing?

Regardless should be a great sub for you all, I have had several of the SSA line up come through the shop for builds. I hope to see these as well, as all the others have impressed us every time.

I'm just curious how they will compare to other comparable drivers. I'm sure the quality will be much better.

What was going with the thermal issues to warrant a change? Adjusting for better air flow I'm guessing?

Regardless should be a great sub for you all, I have had several of the SSA line up come through the shop for builds. I hope to see these as well, as all the others have impressed us every time.

There was no thermal issues, but we wanted to improve power handling a little more because of the market segment, so we improved the cooling.

DAMN! I really wanna release date on the 15's :peepwall: Maybe it's a good thing I don't have my W2's yet :shrug:

There was no thermal issues, but we wanted to improve power handling a little more because of the market segment, so we improved the cooling.

Ah i see what your saying. The 600 means you put more to it market haha... Always a great idea to over build rather then under build.

Very excited to see the results of the testing. A 3" coil in this market should do well as you would have the only one for the most part..the other ones are 2.5".

Ah i see what your saying. The 600 means you put more to it market haha... Always a great idea to over build rather then under build.

Very excited to see the results of the testing. A 3" coil in this market should do well as you would have the only one for the most part..the other ones are 2.5".

;)

I can't wait! This driver will fill the only gap in the SSA lineup. I foresee this being a very popular Subwoofer. :fing34:

If these were bumped up to 1k that would be nuts! would take the cake over my decision between these and another sub line ;)

They will not be ratted at 1000 watts. It is tricky, because so many people associate price to power handling ratting.

Either way, I call dibs on the first 4 12s in production! :D

If these were bumped up to 1k that would be nuts! would take the cake over my decision between these and another sub line ;)

Compare the SA line which only has a 2.5" coil, to the FCON which will have a 3" coil.

Both rated at 600w. Which would you prefer?

Compare the SA line which only has a 2.5" coil, to the FCON which will have a 3" coil.

But I need that extra 400w written down on paper! Helps me sleep at night. :P

The one made in the US ;)

when will these be released?

Later!! :peepwall:

ohhhmiiiiigawd

Pls release these before summer so I can go 3 15"s. If the price is right I want 6 12"s.....

There is no ETA, it's too far out to predict. I already asked :turkey:

ohhhmiiiiigawd

Pls release these before summer so I can go 3 15"s. If the price is right I want 6 12"s.....

I will say this.

The FCON will be released before summer :)

ohhhmiiiiigawd

I will say this.

THAT is what I wanted to hear!!!

Me too! I'm goin to start saving cash for 3 15's

ohhhmiiiiigawd

I will say this.

I think I drooled

Sorry to get off topic, but I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering is SSA going to make a 4 inch coil woofer in the future?

Edited by marq7890

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but i was wondering is SSA going to make a 4 inch coil woofer in the future?

Kind of up in the air at the moment, but the Zcon is pretty nutty. ;)

Sounds like the release will line up nicely with my birthday. Gonna have to save up for a new amp. :fing34:

:popcorn:

Sorry to get off topic, but I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering is SSA going to make a 4 inch coil woofer in the future?

We "hope" to, yes :_)

:dancing:

That is all.

So release date is set befor June 20, 2012, great