Bob345

T-nuts or huricane nuts

Ok, I just want to know some of your guys experiences with t-nuts or huricain nuts, wich ones hold better? The screws I am using are not holding well in mdf so I need to get somthing stronger

Hurricane nuts are better. T nuts are a pain in the ass and dont really bite into MDF very well.

Hurricane nuts are better. T nuts are a pain in the ass and dont really bite into MDF very well.

Thanks! Il be geting some soon

:+1: I found out the the same..I picked up my hurricane nuts from parts express and also got some nice bolts to go along with them too.

I have been impressed with the Hurricane nuts. Especially with smaller drivers like 8" or smaller where they are mounted very close to the edge, they don't blow out the MDF.

They are strong also, I use the 1/4-20 for all my big subs and torqure the shit out of them without issue....

Make sure you glue over them when you're done.. You don't want to have to take a hammer to your enclosure :P

:sleepwerd4:

That's weird, I have used maybe 3 or 400 of these without glue and never had a failure...

That's weird, I have used maybe 3 or 400 of these without glue and never had a failure...

Precaution? :D

Never know.. some things can go wrong.

I have been impressed with the Hurricane nuts. Especially with smaller drivers like 8" or smaller where they are mounted very close to the edge, they don't blow out the MDF.

They are strong also, I use the 1/4-20 for all my big subs and torqure the shit out of them without issue....

Mike, are the 1/4-20 hurricane nuts compatible with some metric thread ?

M6/M4 might match up, I will check...

If you want a few bags of 1/4-20 Nuts and socket head cap screws, I'll just order you some and mail them to you from here.... I don't think it would cost much at all really...

They won't match up...

M6/M4 might match up, I will check...

If you want a few bags of 1/4-20 Nuts and socket head cap screws, I'll just order you some and mail them to you from here.... I don't think it would cost much at all really...

I noticed the nuts are cheap from PE. Guess I'll PM you so we don't clutter the thread.

Thanks ! :wub:

H'mmm, I've always used T-Nuts, never heard of hurricane nuts. Those look pretty cool, I'll have to try them out.

These are my favorite

Those are fine as long as you have the room for them to thread into. Don't work as well on the margin. Nice thing about the hurricane nuts is that you are still trying to compress the wood when you tighten them down. You'll break the bolt before they pull through.