playboiij

Amp to push a 12" ICON

i will be ordering a 12" ICON soon. what is a good amp to push it? i want to go one channel because i will have another amp pushing everything else. what is a good choice w/ a good price? im not trying to break the bank.

Do you have a budget you have to stay under?

would a jl audio j2 500.1 monobloack 500 watts rms amp be good for this sub?

Edited by playboiij

Sure, you just run the risk of hurting the amp trying to push it to hard to get enough output probably. We don't really know what you're going for though.

i just want to try and get the best sub/amp combo with the icon. i was going to choose the jl audio amp because i can get it for $150. but any input would be much appreciated. thanks

i would look for at least a 1k rms amp to get the full potential of the icon, epically if you're looking to get loud.

If you really like the JL, and it is in good shape and a good price, it is enough power. Set the gains correctly so you are not clipping and it should be a happy pairing. 1000 watts, being double the power, will have a noticeable difference, but that is up to you if you feel you need it. :)

If you really like the JL, and it is in good shape and a good price, it is enough power. Set the gains correctly so you are not clipping and it should be a happy pairing. 1000 watts, being double the power, will have a noticeable difference, but that is up to you if you feel you need it. :)

:+1: Well said :)

Do it right, one time !

Get a more powerful amp for your fantastic sub. You can find a lot of 1000 watts amps with your budget, on the market. Some brand new, some used or refurbished.

Good luck

:attempt:

More headroom for sure. I have a MB Quart DSC1500.1 (1500wrms @ 1ohm) on my 12" d2 Icon. I have seen these amps on ebay brand new for $209-$229.

Db-r is have a 25% off sale on refurbished sundown amps. I saw a 1500d on there for like 240, iirc. Here's the link http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/

That SAE1200 for $157 would be a great match.

i second getting one from db-r electronics..... great guy to deal with.. and stands behind his stuff.... i bought my sundown saz 1500d from him... it was just like new for a really good price

I got this amp to push my Icon 15" with a Copper Coil (D2):

Cadence ZRS-7000D

I just upgraded to sundown 1500d v.2s. I have two mb quart dsc1500.1 that do 1500wrms @ 1ohm. Used for 2 months comes with original box, manuals, and bass knob. $150. Let me know. I had the two amps pushing two icons