swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

ok, what brands/models do you suggest? im just gonna hook them right up to my bravox xovers...

im not all too familiar with the frequency side of things.

I think I just wanna go ahead and get a whole new component set.

I found a few that look nice within my price range. Any opinions or review on these, or other suggestions is appriciated.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9625-esk-165l-hertz-65-2-way-component-system.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

These r a little more than id like to spend. Just throwing it out there...

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7174-cxs64-v2-image-dynamics-65-4-ohm-component-system.aspx

Hybrid audio. I've heard good things about them...

http://store.12velectronics.com/products/Imagine-I61%252d2-Component-%7B47%7D-Coaxial-Speaker-Set.html

I called Bravox and they said they could give me new Tweeter(s) at a discount price. $20 each. Should I just get some new tweets for now? I mean... considering I need engine mounts, batt(s) , and alt... I think this would be the best route for now... u guys agree?

Thats like a personal decision to me, we cant tell you how to spend your money. But considering your not looking to a pay a grip for the tweeters and you want them to match the speakers then why not.

i am willing to spend $ for good comps/tweeters.

just need to get my whole electrical situated first. thats why i think i might just go ahead and get the Bravox replacement tweets. and turn the gain way down on the amp. then when all my electrical is straightened out, get a really nice set of components.

honestly, i'd get the tweeters from bravox then build up the electrical and what not just so that you aren't spending money on speakers and such but can't power them all properly

Guessing on the price range that you put up there the RE XXX ones are beast! RE XXX

I was looking at those. Im just gonna get the Bravox replacements for now. But I am gonna upgrade later. How do they sound?

SOOO... I was driving down the highway(not the interstate.) Speed limit 55. I was going about 70ish. I was just bumpin to 6 Foot 7 by weezy. And all of a sudden this old bitch SLAMS on her pucking brakes to a complete stop... gets out of her car and comes up to my window and says, "DO YOU MIND?!".

Haha. So I said, no I don't mind. Then continued bumpin as I was. :)

Dammit man... people these days.

So the old lady stops her car and walks up to your car thats doing 70mph and knocks on the window?

:bigok: Cool story bro.

I was looking at those. Im just gonna get the Bravox replacements for now. But I am gonna upgrade later. How do they sound?

SOOO... I was driving down the highway(not the interstate.) Speed limit 55. I was going about 70ish. I was just bumpin to 6 Foot 7 by weezy. And all of a sudden this old bitch SLAMS on her pucking brakes to a complete stop... gets out of her car and comes up to my window and says, "DO YOU MIND?!".

RE XXX's are one of the best I've heard...most RE dealers have them on the display so you can look/hear em

So the old lady stops her car and walks up to your car thats doing 70mph and knocks on the window?

:bigok: Cool story bro.

Yea I like to exagerate alot. Haha. I edited the post to say" I hope you guys don't really think that's how it went down."

But it didn't load I guess. Haha we were stopped at a light. And she leaned out her door and said do u mind. ;)

Edited by swagger_wagon468

gotta' be respectful and turn it down at lights/stop signs :fing34:

Yeah I knew what you meant just messing with you, but no bumping hardcore at red lights. Help us keep the little respect some still have for people with car audio equipment in there car.

lol... kids and their loud music these days... lol :peepwall:

RE XXX's are one of the best I've heard...most RE dealers have them on the display so you can look/hear em

Hmm... ill have to check them out. Thanks man

Double post fail.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

X3

On above, respect others, no one wants to hear your music, people aren't going to be like "damn he's tight"...

Yeah I knew what you meant just messing with you, but no bumping hardcore at red lights. Help us keep the little respect some still have for people with car audio equipment in there car.

Will do. Im just lovin the bass man!

soo... Bravox said that it will be $51 shipped for a new set of tweeters. but... not my original ones.

these:

(the 25a. not the 20a.)

http://bravoxaudio.com/neotech.asp

anyone know of any other tweeters that sound pretty good for around that price? (these are temporary, but will be in there for a while) i will get a new comp set when my elcetrical is all done.

thanks guys!

Browse the PartsExpress selection and read the reviews. That might be helpful to you.

ok i will check that out. thanks.

i just looked on their brazilizn site. and the tweeters they were gonna sell me are aluminum dome...

Oooook. Soo.... I will most likely be getting one of the two comp sets I have found. They are the ...

ID ctx65cs and HERTZ hsk165

Any opinions on theses? Pros and cons? Posts by tonight very much appriciated Thanks

Anyine had any experience with the above listed component sets? Just lookin for opinions in them. And yes I kno opinions are opinions... but I want to know what others tgink.

Thanks