swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

Wow. Box turned out super nice. Props on the first box, for sure! Get a nice carpet and try to wrap it. seems like it's made for carpet.

Rhino liner...

Your build is coming along, nice job!

The box is turning out awesome!

I tried kerfing wood, didn't turn out so well.

couldnt get "thru" the grommet. so i went around. :D

289.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but this is a very bad idea.

If nothing else put a slit in the grommet or a hole and use a strain relief.

Some of these are water proof and they're only a couple of bucks at menards.>strain relief

You'll eventually wear through the casing and blow fuses or worse start a fire if you don't have it fused.

Keep going, you'll have bass before you know it!

Thanks man. The grommet iis really hard to get to from the inside. I had to pull all of the wire thru the engine bay. Big PITA. Lol. If I were to just put sme electrical tape around it would t sufice? I still gotta run my 1/0ga thru. I have NO idea how im gonna do that...

Edit: 1/0 not 1/9. Lol

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Also... if someone is in the atlanta area and is willing to eat me out a little... that would be AWESOME. Just an idea. :)

Umm... I'm in Jersey and it would never happen if I was... lol... :roflmao:

Anyway... Don't be cutting no corners Jon... You'll regret it later on... Make a new hole and put a grommet/strain relief like cobra stated... :fing34:

Thanks man. The grommet iis really hard to get to from the inside. I had to pull all of the wire thru the engine bay. Big PITA. Lol. If I were to just put sme electrical tape around it would t sufice? I still gotta run my 1/0ga thru. I have NO idea how im gonna do that...

It would last a little while.. but a plastic grommet is ideal, if you could find a peice of PVC that would fit snug around the 1/0 that would also work.

Also... if someone is in the atlanta area and is willing to eat me out a little... that would be AWESOME. Just an idea. :)

Umm... I'm in Jersey and it would never happen if I was... lol... :roflmao:

Anyway... Don't be cutting no corners Jon... You'll regret it later on... Make a new hole and put a grommet/strain relief like cobra stated... :fing34:

Haha. Perv. I meant help. My droid sux at typing. And I would do a grommet but there is two pieces of metal to go thru...

It would last a little while.. but a plastic grommet is ideal, if you could find a peice of PVC that would fit snug around the 1/0 that would also work.

See above

Then you need to cut through 2 pieces of sheet metal... :peepwall:

Do it up bro... and make sure when you cut out the holes needed to sand them down so you can "round out" the edges... even if you're using a grommet or whatever... :fing34:

I'm ignoring your last post and asking for pics of the build of I demand you be banned!!! :banhim:

:wtf::worthless::NeedPics:

Jeeez man. Chill a lil bit :) . Im in school and its been raining. Not can't do much considering...

So... I got all the screw holes filled with some putty and sanded it all smooth. Uploading pics now.

And I am suspended from skool for tomorrow...so I expect that I will have most of, if not all of, the box done.

I gotsome herculiner for the outside. And gloss white paint for the port and mounting area. Pics in a min. :D

I remember my days of getting suspended from school, those were the days :woot:

Lol. Yea... and for fuckin skippin to go to lunch. Wtf man...

Anyways... pics.

Fitment in the Swag Wag. ;)

2011-01-30_14-48-12_30.jpg

Filled the holes.

2011-02-03_21-53-14_655.jpg

2011-02-03_21-53-45_423.jpg

Supplies.

2011-02-03_21-49-42_868.jpg

nice!!!

Why thank you!! ;) I will for sure get the paint done tomorrow. I didn't want to go with some funky color that wouldn't match anything in my car. So I figured I would paint it to match the XCON. And I don't like red. Soo... white It is! Haha.

can we hurry this up a bit??? lol :suicide-santa:

hahahaha

Progress... im doing it in my garage. And it is raining now so its very humid. = slow dry time.

I had to get a can of paint because the spray sucked. I think 2-3 coats should suffice.

2011-02-04_13-48-11_290.jpg