swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

ok. cool. so when i get my saz-1500D, will i want to use it then?

Yes.

Ok

So I ordered my design for my sub enclosure.

Optimal size. So about 7-7.5ft^3.

Kerfed port

Double baffle

tuned to 32hz

Im still trying to think ofwhat I want to do on the outside of the box. I like truck bed liner but soooo many people do it. Any suggestions on as to what to do on the outside?

Ok

So I ordered my design for my sub enclosure.

Optimal size. So about 7-7.5ft^3.

Kerfed port

Double baffle

tuned to 32hz

Im still trying to think ofwhat I want to do on the outside of the box. I like truck bed liner but soooo many people do it. Any suggestions on as to what to do on the outside?

bed liner, carpet, vinyl, veneer, gloss finish (hard to do with mdf, but possible).

Theres a lot of ideas you can do to finish a box just depends on how much you want to spend or how creative you are. You can use marble, aluminum finish among other things. A dude on her finished his with a wood stain, making it look like some hard wood floors or nice furniture.

Yea. I saw that one. Not for me. I was thinking about diamond plate because my brandpa has alot left over from somwthin he did. But that's aloooot of extra weight. And since my wagon is lowered, I need to use as little weight as possible to avoid a ugly stance; like the back being way lower than the front.

and I saw the guy with the skar subs that did the ole' skool little kid car mat. Look really good but don't wanna steal it. Want aomethin very original. I guess I need to just go to home depot, fabric store etc and see what they have.

Hell, just paint it with an oil based paint. They can custom mix any color you want so your choices are unlimited and on the cheap.

Vinyl is another option.

Trust me unless you make the product your gonna use, you want be that original with the idea. Why do people look at an idea as stealing, to me that compliments the builders taste in my eyes. Good luck with what you find but like Sir-Lance said just get it painted to a color you like.

I don't consider it stealing. I just wanna do something I havnt seen yet. I guess ill just do the paint for now. Then when I find or think of that awesome idea, I can do it then.

still tryin to figure out which alt i need. i really need to talk to Kyle at DC some more.

i MIGHT upgrade to the ZCON/BTL/another XCON etc...later down the road. but it would be a good while.

options for my car are:

the 270xp. (theres a 250xp as well. but the 270 is only like $10 more...)

specs:

Max Amperage 270

Idle Amperage 190

or the 180HP

specs:

Max Amperage 180

Idle Amperage 130

theres a 320hp but the idle amp is only 80. .. weird.

im thinkin about the 270XP. just to have the extra if needed later. and maybe with the 270xp, i could just do a nice XS primary batt and not a 2nd batt.

OPINIONS?

Edited by swagger_wagon468

soo... my original plan was to get the DC 270XP before the 15%off sale is over... but thats not gonna happen. so do you guys think that i could hook up my amp⊂ with completely stock electrical untill i can get the alt and XS batt? ill keep the gain wayyyy down. ill probably do the big3 as i have 15ft of 1/0ga. also, what size fuse should i use in the big3?

soo... my original plan was to get the DC 270XP before the 15%off sale is over... but thats not gonna happen. so do you guys think that i could hook up my amp⊂ with completely stock electrical untill i can get the alt and XS batt? ill keep the gain wayyyy down. ill probably do the big3 as i have 15ft of 1/0ga. also, what size fuse should i use in the big3?

No fusing for the big 3.

Just set the gain until voltage drop is bad then back it off. :)

No fusing for the big 3.

thanks man. so no fuse for the big 3? i do always see about half saying use a fuse. and half saying not to...why do some use one and some dont?

No fusing for the big 3.

thanks man. so no fuse for the big 3? i do always see about half saying use a fuse. and half saying not to...why do some use one and some dont?

Any additional grounds should not be fused period.

Additional positive cables from alt to battery are short and unlikely to loosen and short circuit if properly installed. Are your main stock wiring to your terminals fused? Nope...

The fuse is there to protect the wire and as a safety precaution, if you have a fuse and fuse holder then use a fuse. Some use a fuse and some dont, I will be using a fuse in line between my battery positive to alternator positive.

Fuses are designed to open when excessive current is pulled through them. There are a number of reasons that cause this.

Here are two

1. Wire failure

2. Eletronic device failure

so... i am going to install my sub and amp... and i was looking at KnuKonceptz and the 1/0ga amp kit is $100 and it comes with a total of 23ft of power and ground wire. and fuse holder with fuse, ring terminals, split loom.

i know that everyone says its cheaper to piece together amp kits. but 25 ft of 1/0ga from weldingsupply and fuse holder with fuse from knu equals like 95$. so i figured just go with the Knu kit. any other ideas?

thanks.

jonathan

Just ordered my 1/0 kit from Knu. (the OFC one)

also ordered a Stinger volt meter. $24 shipped off Ebay. not bad.

gonna do my BIG3 right after i install my volt meter so i can see how much improvement the big3 makes.

also waiting on my box design. when i get it, ill br getting to work on building it. 7.5^3 ft, 32hz, kerfed port, double baffle, the works...

so... 2 questions:

1) just confirming, no fuse on the alt to batt wire?

2) is the Stinger volt meter fairly easy to hook up? do i need to set up anything? or just run the wires and done?

thanks. ill keep you guys posted! :morepower1:

1) Its for added safety

2) You need to calibrate it after its hooked up

ok, if i were to fuse it...what size fuse?

Biggest they offer.

and how would i calibrate it? take an initial reading with a DMM and set it?

Yes