swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

:bigok:

Hey Aaron, I think you need to add a Linear Power 2202 to your collection. *hint hint* :D

Ha, yeah right. I have enough ZED, PG and Orion as it is. I never really noticed how big a stock pile I had until just these last few weeks as I have been moving and it has been many a car load just for audio equipment.

soooo... i will have my box design tomorrow. and i was wondering how to go about the terminals? do i just put 2 bolts thru the back and use them as terminals?

thanks

nice stuff man... get that box done already...

SO... not much posting going on in my build :lol2:

so i thought id post some pics of the swag wag.

1994 Toyota Camry lowered on H&R spring and Tokico struts.

with 17" bronze MB Weapon wheels.

needs paint and body desperatly. hail damage out the ass! (~95 dents on the roof alone!) FML. lol

enjoy.

P7170232-1.jpg

back of the hatch b4 the removal of the flip up 3rd row.

P7190245.jpg

a rim & suspension shot. :D

P7170206.jpg

P7170234.jpg

P7170209.jpg

needs to mounted on the front. dont have a frame yet...

P8020255.jpg

and... what was almost a $350, yes $350 mistake... (when i was young and knew nothing about the car audio game. lol) which was like a year ago.

P7150202.jpg

i will post pics of my hatch interior now...later tho.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

nice rims dude...

question... when the gain remote knob is used... does it "over-ride" the gain control on the amp?

thanks

I was told to turn the gain on the amp all the way down. Then turn the remote all the way up. Plug in the remote. Then adjust the gain on the amp. That way the remote gain can only turn the gain down. And you don't risk turning it up too high by mistake.

You have a sundown amp yes?

The bass knob allows you to adjust the gain from the maximum point your gain knob directly on the amplifier is set to down to 0.

Example:

You set the gain on the amplifier to 5.

This means the Max the knob goes to is 5 and the lowest is 0. So you cannot go further than what you set the gain adjustment to on the amplifier itself. :)

question... when the gain remote knob is used... does it "over-ride" the gain control on the amp?

thanks

I was told to turn the gain on the amp all the way down. Then turn the remote all the way up. Plug in the remote. Then adjust the gain on the amp. That way the remote gain can only turn the gain down. And you don't risk turning it up too high by mistake.

thats what i was also told with the remote knob but with my JL its a little different.... someone else will step in soon enough and clear it all up.

Set your gains on your amp to where you want them. Before you plug in the control knob set it to max. This way you can only turn the gain down on the knob and when the knob is at max it is set to optimal settings.

Sooo... I got my stinger volt meter and the wires are reallly short. So I was wondering if I could use some of the remote wire that I got to use with my saz1500d. Then I will just run the remote wire from the 1500d to my front stage amp.? I don't see anything wrong with doing it. Would the be okay to do?

Sooo... I got my stinger volt meter and the wires are reallly short. So I was wondering if I could use some of the remote wire that I got to use with my saz1500d. Then I will just run the remote wire from the 1500d to my front stage amp.? I don't see anything wrong with doing it. Would the be okay to do?

I don't see why not

i just used some 16 gauge speaker wire and ran it to my amp, so yeah. do it to it!

What has been said on the remote gain knob is correct. Set the gain, then plug in the knob at it's max setting. Or plug the knob in at max and then tune the amp's gain. :fing34:

Ok. Thanks man.

Side note: got my box design. Its 6.3ft^3 . Tuned to 32hz. Kerfed port. Double baffle flush mount. All the good stuff. Still debating on what to do on the outside...

you better build that shyt tonight dude!!! I'm not facking waiting anymore!!! :suicide-santa:

^ lolz. Wont be untill i can get to my grandpas house to use his shop. I have no tools here. He had every tool u can think of. ;) but he lives like an hour away tho. So I have to have a wknd off. Hopefully soon.

Another question: anyone kno where I can get 1/0ga ring terminals locally? Does home depot, lowed etc have them? (I haven't checked yet. Soo...) I just need to do my big3.

I put my stinger volt meter in tonight. Its easy. Jst a pain in the ass.

what's the danger range for voltage? (The lowest it should EVER get) I mean... mine goes down to 13.2 with just my front stage.

Pics!!

Bright... this might need some tinted tape later on...

2011-01-24_22-03-07_847.jpg

I just went thru the pocket. Easy peasy

2011-01-24_22-03-23_324.jpg

I put the sticky tape stuff that it came with on to the back. Doesn't stick very well. :lol2: ill have to screw into the side of the pocket I guess.

2011-01-24_22-03-37_476.jpg

Here is the lowest it got. Playin "A Milli" by weezy.

2011-01-24_22-07-57_954.jpg

Edited by swagger_wagon468