BanginGMC

Droid X vs Droid Incredible?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Droid X or Droid Incredible

• Droid X
    • Droid Incredible

I'm looking to get a new phone, price is no object. I decided on the Droid X or the Droid Incredible. They both fit my needs, they both look legit.

I'm looking for your opinions on which one you'd go with and why. :)

Check the phones out here

Thanks guys!

Droid X all the way. If they both fit your needs and if money is no objest then the droid x is better. It has a bigger screen and it being a touchscreen that's always better.

The Fascinate.

Galaxy S phones are crushing all others right now. :)

Tuned in and glad you started this.

I have an upgrade coming in March and I cant wait to get rid of the POS BB storm.

I have my eye on the X. BadAss, but I am open to suggestions.

In my opinion the Droid is is just too big to fit in the pocket. I talked to the guy at verizon because I wanted a new phone and was leaning towards the droid incredible. According to him the camera takes super clear pictures, even clearer than the x, even though the cameras may be different. Also, the droid incredible has an extremely fast processor and great features, just the battery life is compromised. Personally, I am going to go with the droid incredible, so that is what I voted for.

The Fascinate.

HAAAA have you ever tried to get super user permissions on that thing???? it sucks..... terrible phone, shit for hardware and force closes the OS..... tried to overclock to 1.4 ghz, unstable, HOT temps, poor batt life, FAIL!

Get the X way easy to hack (even though its the same OS) that way you can get all the cool features for free like wifi teather, plus NO MORE PAYING FOR INTERNET AT HOME!!!!!!

EDIT: dint see this....@ Dutchie. they have the same processor speeds stock. and the X takes a far better picture, this is not opinion its fact. 8 meg pic will look worse on cell phone screen BC phone has to compress image to fit onto screen. Plus X can record 720 high def so he can record some sweet vids of his truck and put them on SSA!!!!!

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

Neither, after owning a touch screen phone I would never own one that doesn't have a physical keyboard built in the phone. My experience was the touch screen worked great for about a year and has been going for the last 6+ months. Granted my phone was an Env touch but it has soured my view on touch screen only phones.

@144dbFiBl15 - What features would you get for free when hacking the X?

Basically anything and everything. You can install apps that were paid for(not by you) and they work. You can customize looks and boot. Best thing is tethering built into the ROM of the device.

I currently own a Google Nexus One and cannot seem to find a reason to get a new phone. I don't have Verizon so I couldn't be bothered to fully look at the 2 comparisons you mentioned but you should definitely go for the smartphone with the highest frequency processor for smoother response. My brother has an Incredible and loves it though. I couldn't tell you for sure which is better but the Incredible is more hackable..

@144dbFiBl15 - What features would you get for free when hacking the X?

Basically anything and everything. You can install apps that were paid for(not by you) and they work. You can customize looks and boot. Best thing is tethering built into the ROM of the device.

I currently own a Google Nexus One and cannot seem to find a reason to get a new phone. I don't have Verizon so I couldn't be bothered to fully look at the 2 comparisons you mentioned but you should definitely go for the smartphone with the highest frequency processor for smoother response. My brother has an Incredible and loves it though. I couldn't tell you for sure which is better but the Incredible is more hackable..

yep yep... I mainly only hack phones to get WIFI tether and over clock the processor just a touch (1.8ghz currently) as not to affect batt life and make the phone run smoother with no lag. you will also be able to customize EVERYTHING about the phone not just back grounds and themes..

OK... so, i have the perfect position to answer here. my grandma has the Incredible. and i have the X.

the phones are practically identical. the droid X fits in my pocket fine... HUGE screen. and i love it!

X can record HD vids . dont think the incredible can. i like the menu setup of the X alooooot better. only downside... is battery.

one time i plugged it in with 40%. and i was on the internet. after about an hour,it was still plugged in mind you, the charge went down to 30%! lol. but its woprht it IMO.

let us kno what u pick! :fing34:

and btw... hopefully installing all my speakers and amp tomoro. including the Bravox comps. :D cant wait. :woot:

Neither, after owning a touch screen phone I would never own one that doesn't have a physical keyboard built in the phone. My experience was the touch screen worked great for about a year and has been going for the last 6+ months. Granted my phone was an Env touch but it has soured my view on touch screen only phones.

I have the exact same feeling and experience as you. Env Touch was just a terrible phone. Don't like touchscreens at all. Got a brand new Blackberry Bold and it's pretty damn good. Battery life when it is off is absolutely terrible, but when it's on, it's on forever (weird). HTC makes some good touchscreen/physical keyboard combo phones i hear.

The Fascinate.

HAAAA have you ever tried to get super user permissions on that thing???? it sucks..... terrible phone, shit for hardware and force closes the OS..... tried to overclock to 1.4 ghz, unstable, HOT temps, poor batt life, FAIL!

Get the X way easy to hack (even though its the same OS) that way you can get all the cool features for free like wifi teather, plus NO MORE PAYING FOR INTERNET AT HOME!!!!!!

EDIT: dint see this....@ Dutchie. they have the same processor speeds stock. and the X takes a far better picture, this is not opinion its fact. 8 meg pic will look worse on cell phone screen BC phone has to compress image to fit onto screen. Plus X can record 720 high def so he can record some sweet vids of his truck and put them on SSA!!!!!

Took 30 seconds to root my captivate, had no problems OC'd at 1.2. Upgraded to 2.2 and took about 5 minutes with a different rom. The Galaxy phones will record 30 fps 720 as well.

Edited by dvalue

The Fascinate.

Took 30 seconds to root my captivate, had no problems OC'd at 1.2. Upgraded to 2.2 and took about 5 minutes with a different rom. The Galaxy phones will record 30 fps 720 as well.

did you use easy root, with rom manager, and set CPU to OC what Rom are you Running right now......Running ballistic beast myself as of now

The Fascinate.

Oh word didn't know that, I was just going off what the dude at the store told me. Good looks.

The Fascinate.

did you use easy root, with rom manager, and set CPU to OC what Rom are you Running right now......Running ballistic beast myself as of now

Right now its the Axura captivate rom.

Used SRE unleash the beast, for overclock, and rooted using standard update.zip method.

The Droid X seems to be the choice so far. I don't hack my phones though.. even though it would be very nice to use to the phone to it's full potential, I like having a warranty - especially because i'm buying the phone, not upgrading to the phone.

Rooting in most cases void warranty, but to be honest most Android phones can be reversed, only some of them have a signature file that is present to notify manufacturer of custom ROM installation, my Google Nexus One being one of them... :( ... But the phone is outstanding and never any hiccups with hardware only bad ROMs...

The Droid X seems to be the choice so far. I don't hack my phones though.. even though it would be very nice to use to the phone to it's full potential, I like having a warranty - especially because i'm buying the phone, not upgrading to the phone.

I know for the captivate, at least, that theres a one click root/unroot, if you ever need to return it under warranty.

Why not the Droid 2 Global, better phone than either IMO. Or you could wait for the HTC Lexicon/Merge which should be out anyday. Of course I am biased and went through this last week and chose that phone realizing I could swap within 30 days for the HTC if I prefer.

BTW, the 8m pixel camera is a joke. No phone has a lens that can resolve anywhere near that amount. Hell ALL phone camera's suck as their optics are a joke.

Rooting in most cases void warranty, but to be honest most Android phones can be reversed, only some of them have a signature file that is present to notify manufacturer of custom ROM installation, my Google Nexus One being one of them... :( ... But the phone is outstanding and never any hiccups with hardware only bad ROMs...

I know for the captivate, at least, that theres a one click root/unroot, if you ever need to return it under warranty.

Eh, I'm sure the Droid alone will make me happy enough :)

Might look into rooting it once it's old and beat down.

Why not the Droid 2 Global, better phone than either IMO. Or you could wait for the HTC Lexicon/Merge which should be out anyday. Of course I am biased and went through this last week and chose that phone realizing I could swap within 30 days for the HTC if I prefer.

BTW, the 8m pixel camera is a joke. No phone has a lens that can resolve anywhere near that amount. Hell ALL phone camera's suck as their optics are a joke.

Don't like the sliding keyboard feature on phones.

Personally then I'd wait for a replacement. There will be one in a month or so I am sure as phones are popping out like crazy atm. After typing on both the keyboard and screen I am super glad I have it. WAY faster and yes I am sure it will stay that way after getting even more used to it.

I know they have nothing to do with this particular thread, but the Sony Ericsson's definitely can handle their 5-8MP ratings well enough to be considered a good option for not carrying around a digital camera for random events....

Other than that, you are correct for the most part... But I honestly don't buy a phone hoping to use the camera at all, I am only smiley when I was in a pinch and needed to use it..

As long as you don't get an iPhone, you should be satisfied. ;)

Android FTW!

I know they have nothing to do with this particular thread, but the Sony Ericsson's definitely can handle their 5-8MP ratings well enough to be considered a good option for not carrying around a digital camera for random events....

Other than that, you are correct for the most part... But I honestly don't buy a phone hoping to use the camera at all, I am only smiley when I was in a pinch and needed to use it..

You have never used a real camera obviously. Considering the Sony 14.2mp alpha350 can only resolve what the Canon 12mp 450d can I would expect things to scale to their lower end units. Add to that you are going from HUGE DLSR optics to dinky, cheap, disposable cell phone optics I am sure that their ratings are still a joke.

I am not saying that they can't take a reasonable picture and perhaps even a great one for viewing on its OWN screen, but it is not a replacement for a camera by any means. At least not if you ever want to print anything which to me is exactly the purpose of the camera.

edit: And no, the Canon can't resolve all of its pixels either. BTW, MP in cameras have stopped being a buying reason years ago.