BanginGMC

1 out of 2 strapped 3500d won't power on

I was driving home from my girls house listening to some of decafs songs I just downloaded and all a sudden my slave amp turned off, I reset my head unit seeing if it was some freak accident and it'd turn back on, but it didn't, so I continued driving home with my head unit off, with it being so late I didn't have the energy to do a lot of trouble shooting. Both amps are grounded in the same spot and share the same remote wire. I checked both 300 amp fuses and they didn't look blown, the remote wire didn't come loose and fall out. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Dom

In protection or protection l.e.d on?

Troubleshoot by checking the power and remote voltage to make sure that they both have 12+ volts with a DMM.

Email sundownz@sundownaudio.com

Is the red LED on or no LED at all ?

If none then it is probably a wire even if it doesn't look like it.

There is no light indication on the amp at all, not red, nor blue. When you say it is probably a wire, like the remote wire came loose?

Thanks,

Dom.

Okay so I'm by my truck now posting this on my phone, so I just took the remote wires out of the 3500d that wasn't turning on and just left the remote wire in the 350@0d that was turning on, started my truck and now THAT amps doesn't turn on.. Besides that, my power n grounds are fine. Now what?..

Okay so I'm by my truck now posting this on my phone, so I just took the remote wires out of the 3500d that wasn't turning on and just left the remote wire in the 350@0d that was turning on, started my truck and now THAT amps doesn't turn on.. Besides that, my power n grounds are fine. Now what?..

Grab a dmm and check the voltage.

so now the master 3500d won't turn on, where as before it was just the slave 3500d that wouldn't turn on? Your not using a relay for your remote turn on right?

As Mac n Cheese said, put a dmm on your remote wire and turn your headunit on, see if the remote wire(s) get 12v.

Stefan right and right, and no relay. My 100.4 is turning on and working fine, the remote wire for that is coming off my knukonceptz rca.

Looking for my dmm now.

Stefan right and right, and no relay. My 100.4 is turning on and working fine, the remote wire for that is coming off my knukonceptz rca.

Looking for my dmm now.

All your remote wires are coming straight from the headunit right? You don't have any crossovers or anything.

So the remote wire from the rca for your mids and highs is working fine.

so check the voltage on the remote wire for each saz3500d, put positive lead on remote wire and negative lead on ground, turn on headunit, should see 12v. If not, then your remote wire might be loose or something behind the headunit.

Right everything coming off the headunit, I checked the voltage on my remote wire for the 35s and it's 005, so it'd make sense if something was loose behind the head unit, right? Other suggestions?

could I link all the remote wires together starting at my 100.4?

Right everything coming off the headunit, I checked the voltage on my remote wire for the 35s and it's 005, so it'd make sense if something was loose behind the head unit, right? Other suggestions?

could I link all the remote wires together starting at my 100.4?

Sounds like the remote wires for the 3500s came loose behind the headunit, but the one for the 100.4 is good.

You shouldn't have any issues running wire from the 100.4 remote turn on to the 3500ds. But I would still check behind the headunit, as you don't want the wires to reconnect and short circuit if there not connected to anything and just laying on the ground

Okay new issue, when I plugged the remote wire into my slave amp, my master amp turned on.. No keys in ignition nor are any other amps turning on..

Okay, I will.

Can I get a technical answer on why when I dasiy chain my 100.4 and both 3500s my master amp will turn on once I put the remote wire in my slave amp ( note remote wire chained like 100.4-master-slave)

this is being a pain in the dick.

I would re-do your whole remote setup... too many weird things going on.

X2, doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your 3500s but just that your remote wires are all fucked.

I'd pull the headunit out, disconnect your remote turn on wires in the back. Run a new wire for the remote turn on to the back of your car, then either connect it to one amp and daisy chain it to the rest, or make a mini distro block for it.

And here's some links about adding a delay in between your headunit and amps (Probably wanna do it another day so shit doesn't get confusing)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-g3TYPzhHNUZ/tech/kb327.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/2727-designing-your-own-delay-circuit.html

Also PAC makes a product that has a built in delay, but I'm not sure if it'll work from the headunit, (it says it can use a low level power source for triggering, ie: speaker wire. but not sure if it'll work on +12v)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18693_PAC-TR-4.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

I took the wire out of the 4 chan and ONLY had a the remote wire linking the amps and the slave amp turned on.. No keys, no head unit turned on, no remote wire going or coming from anywhere but the 35s.

Jacob, what is going on?

Does not sound like it is remote, more like constant 12v.

I would rewire your remote wire to a 12v source that is only hot when ignition is on or make sure your relay you are using now only reads 12v when the radio is on.

I always use a 30 amp relay when I have 3 or more amps.

Relay -

4 pins 85,86,87,and 30

87 is power

86 is ground

85 is source (remote wire)

30 is output (goes to amps)

Eh, I reread your last post and that is some strange shit.

If I read that right you have no remote wire from the HU and only one from 3500 to 3500 and they cut on? Yes? No?

Does not sound like it is remote, more like constant 12v.

I would rewire your remote wire to a 12v source that is only hot when ignition is on or make sure your relay you are using now only reads 12v when the radio is on.

I always use a 30 amp relay when I have 3 or more amps.

Relay -

4 pins 85,86,87,and 30

87 is power

86 is ground

85 is source (remote wire)

30 is output (goes to amps)

This. I definitely learned the hard way. The first time I ran three amps at one time off of just the headunit my 4 channel burnt up.

Sounds like running too many remote start wires from your source and you messed some stuff up, if your amps arent coming on hooked up correctly after trouble shooting then send them back in.

You need to check all wiring and fusing as well (dont look at fuses, just cause they look fine doesnt mean they still work). Regardless if it speaker wire or you think your ground wire is perfect, check every single wire that you installed in that system period. Get your volt meter out and start measuing voltage on amps and remote wire as well. Its a electrical issue that will be hard for anyone to help you out with especially with the small amount of information you gave us or being there with you to troubleshoot.

If I read that right you have no remote wire from the HU and only one from 3500 to 3500 and they cut on? Yes? No?

Correct, for the most part.. The master only turns on.

Correct, for the most part.. The master only turns on.

Go get a relay Dom and start over from the deck with your remote wire. Wire it up just like I said above.

A 30 amp relay is like $2.50.

Thats where I would start

Sounds like running too many remote start wires from your source and you messed some stuff up, if your amps arent coming on hooked up correctly after trouble shooting then send them back in.

You need to check all wiring and fusing as well (dont look at fuses, just cause they look fine doesnt mean they still work). Regardless if it speaker wire or you think your ground wire is perfect, check every single wire that you installed in that system period. Get your volt meter out and start measuing voltage on amps and remote wire as well. Its a electrical issue that will be hard for anyone to help you out with especially with the small amount of information you gave us or being there with you to troubleshoot.

I called Alpine and they said the amount of remote wires is fine. It's not a fuse problem, when I connect the amps together with the remotre wire it sends some sort of poer or signal so the master turns on I suppose, I've never ever heard about or read about a problem like I'm having. My system is pretty straight forward, not a fuck ton of wires everywhere like other high powered systems. I've checked the voltage on my batts, remote wire on every amp, the remote wire for my mono block was 005, obvs that's not suppose to be like that, I've realised that, I haven't had time to tear my dash apart to tighten up the connection on that.

What has me lost is, why isn't my slave amp powering on anymore like it's suppose too and what kind of power or signal is happening to make my master amp turn on while the remote wires are connected, while there is no key in my ignition, therefore the head unit is not on, nor any other key on power.

I've been waiting for Jacob to help me out on these questions, since he is the one who owns the company and would know the solution.

I've been waiting for Jacob to help me out on these questions, since he is the one who owns the company and would know the solution.

:roflmao: Doesnt mean he is the only one who can help you out, if thats the case then just email him. But others are trying to help you out as well, good luck with getting your problem solved.