TheInfamousImpala

AudioQue Comps???

I was thinking of buying these....And i was wanting to know if any of u guys had experience with these

All Replies would be greatly appreciated :fing34:

Never had them, but I'm sure you can spend you money better.

Why even say that when you just said you have zero experience with them. Maybe their crap or maybe they sound really good if installed properly, but if you don't know then why slam them...

OP, I did a google search on them and didn't find any informative posts about'm :ughdunno:

buy them and give us a review... i was looking @ buying them too.. but i went with crescendo :popcorn: :popcorn:

buy them and give us a review... i was looking @ buying them too.. but i went with crescendo :popcorn: :popcorn:

Which Crescendo's??

Never had them, but I'm sure you can spend you money better.

Why even say that when you just said you have zero experience with them. Maybe their crap or maybe they sound really good if installed properly, but if you don't know then why slam them...

OP, I did a google search on them and didn't find any informative posts about'm :ughdunno:

Thanks Anyway

They don't even post some measurements, some T/S parameters, nothing. Very very limited information on Audioque's website.

They don't even post some measurements, some T/S parameters, nothing. Very very limited information on Audioque's website.

Imagine that....they are from AQ, I wouldn't expect any different.

Not sure I'd base any part of my decision on the opinion of someone who, first, demonstratively doesn't really understand much about acoustics based on the installation and second, bases their decision of "good sound" on how far they can walk away from the vehicle and still hear the sound.

I base my not caring what that kind in the video does off the simple fact that he drove to that park/field with a Bud Light in his cup holder??? My thoughts, "this guy knows how to set things up...i guess" that's it, it ends there....

Imagine that....they are from AQ, I wouldn't expect any different.

Which is sort of funny because their webpage says "TS measurements taken after one hour break-in from BNIB random samples"....and then they don't actually list any T/S parameters.....?

I'd be a little wary of a 4khz lowpass crossover on a 6.5" mid in a system designed to be used in an automobile. I can only imagine the hole in the FR that develops when these things are mounted off-axis, even if the driver itself happens to be well behaved up to 4khz (which is usually pushing it for a 6.5" driver)........

Which Crescendo's??

ccx52 ---> 84 bucks shipped to my door. theres a 5dollar coupon , but i cant remember what is is..lol , sorry , i think its hummerccx65 , but not sure//

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/home.php?cat=251

Which Crescendo's??

ccx52 ---> 84 bucks shipped to my door. theres a 5dollar coupon , but i cant remember what is is..lol , sorry , i think its hummerccx65 , but not sure//

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/home.php?cat=251

I believe the coupon is "hummerccx"

Thx I will be sure to check these out

I wouldn't. No way they sound good.

Kevlar or glass cones which have nasty breakups

"gold" plated phase plug

powder coated basket

Full swivel tweeter mount

Jspec circuit crossovers - lol

Space epoxy

What do all those things have in common? They are marketing fluff that add cost to the set and have dubious benefits, in fact in a cheap speaker system they are all negatives and not positives. Those crossovers are junk for a cone that is going to be nasty. If you don't like any clarity go for it. One other major piece of marketing BS-- 92dB sensitivity, no way, no how, just a big flat out lie. :( :( :( And to make matters worse not unlike the AQ crap they won't post any parameters either.

"gold" plated phase plug

powder coated basket

Space epoxy

What do all those things have in common? They are marketing fluff that add cost to the set and have dubious benefits, in fact in a cheap speaker system they are all negatives and not positives. Those crossovers are junk for a cone that is going to be nasty. If you don't like any clarity go for it. One other major piece of marketing BS-- 92dB sensitivity, no way, no how, just a big flat out lie. :( :( :( And to make matters worse not unlike the AQ crap they won't post any parameters either.

What would u suggest??

I've heard 1 set and wasn't impressed. I don't know the quality of install really though, how the door was deadend, tuning etc.

"gold" plated phase plug

powder coated basket

Space epoxy

What would u suggest??

x3

m5 = audionazi , lol... jk dude give us your opinion on what are the best deals on components , please...

Anybody ever hear the T3 comps, just suggesting?? :shrug:

They do give detailed physical dimensions. Other than that, nothing, just like Audioque.

Same comments apply as to the Audioque comps. Kevlar cone, aluminum tweeter, very minimalistic crossover.

I find it funny that they picture a push-on terminal and a terminal with solder tabs. Now...which one will the customer get ? :D

Components from reputable companies offer at least better cone materials and some more options for a varied budget.

Partsexpress and Madisound used to have some homebrew component sets which could really perform for a passive set :)