traks

Small S10 build

LOL we should just get this moved and make it an all S10 thread!!!! Also on those 3 12's in your truck. I would mount them all 3 low as possible if you can and then run a slot port along the back window so they get equal tuning. Thats how my next box will be so both subs see the same. Also if anyone with S10s Sonoma's Blazers ect. needs alittle more from the alt. and does not already know about this take a look. I plan on having 2 of these on my S10 this year.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/how-to-high-output-ad244-alternator-for-80-a-376788/

Works with the 4.3s and some say the smaller engines aswell but im not sure on that one. Straight bolt on for 4.3's though just need a longer belt.

Edited by traks

yea i did that alt mod, then i had it built up to a 220 amp, works good. But huge difference going from small case alt to the bigger 145 amp stocker. I wanted to mount them all down low, but they are pretty close to be equal now. Dont really feel like toying with the truck anymore, found out i might buy my dads 02 sierra 4x4 4dr in about 6 months, so im already starting plans for it, the 12's will have to be sold unfortunally due to i want to keep the rear seat in it, and i will prob. do 4 sa 8's off my saz 2K, stupid thing i just sold 2 sa 8's lol oh well, ill wait for the new ones to come out!

lol well the 8's will be a nice solid build! I just went from an 06 F150 4x4 ext cab to the S10 for gas savings and I dont feel as bad as cutting this truck up lol. I took the back seat out of it and had 2 15" XLs in it.

Heres a vid of it....in the port lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYdfYVcXY0o

nice! any pics on that? My plans for the full size is 6" lift with 33 or 35" tires, but i do a lot of highway driving on weekends, so not sure how i want to go about it as i like to save gas as much as possible.

3" leveling kit with 33's all blacked out and straight piped...thing was a best.

DSCI0020-1.jpg

DSCI0261.jpg

DSCI0122-2.jpg

Edited by traks

thats a pretty sick set up, i love how theres so much room compared to our trucks lol, But if i get mine, i wont be pulling the rear seats, i need some room for extra people and things.... for now lol.

Took these a few days ago, and forgot to post them up

Looks Brutal Hostility! Yes I miss the Ford and all of the room,but I dont miss the payment or the 13mpg lol. Im trying to upload some videos I took today,soon as that gets done I will throw them up.

Looks like it works good!!, whats the box tuned to again?, Yea im dreading putting gas in the truck, so im still not 100% sure on it yet. Would be hard to give up my s10 lol.

Its tuned at 40hz. :peepwall:

Still grabs the lows well.

nice!, i first had my box tuned to 35hz, but wasn't cutting it for me lol, My gf had her best friend come over, so i figured i could try a double hair trick, she was lovin it!

also, let me know if the video is dark or not, for some reason my lcd monitor is always so dark, so its hard to see it a bit on my computer, but on the video camera its good.

Nope they are not to dark Hostility. Heres one from the show. All of my wire,fuse holders and such came in so as soon as its warmer I will be rewiring everything. By the end of the month I will have my Sundown 3500 and hopefully both alts on. Untill then heres one from the show a buddy of mine took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKaijd_AzqY

Nice!, im trying to get my old saz3500 back right now lol, how are you doing the dual alts? i really want to do it, but suck at fabing a bracket up.

nice build man! :fing34:

Nice!, im trying to get my old saz3500 back right now lol, how are you doing the dual alts? i really want to do it, but suck at fabing a bracket up.

Cant say on the alts yet,my truck will be a trial run and see how it works. Ill have some pics when its done,should be a few or 3 more weeks hopefully. That and 2 Suburban alts should hold well. Also reconing to level 5 softparts and changing to dual 2 ohms so I can swing .5 daily before rise. Right now im clamping a tad over 800 watts @ 50hz at almost 4 ohms. The goal is 150db sealed on music under the back glass.Want to hit that before the 4th order.Need to find 4 more DB. Im hoping it will be in the alts,wire,batteries upgrading to a 3500 and recones. Plus a new box we will see. And having the truck at Slamology repping :)

sounds good man, sounds like a lot of work, make sure you snap pics!, also if you get a dual alt bracket fabed up, let me know, i want to buy one badly!

small update: got my saz 3500 back that i bought 2 years ago, gone through 2 sets of hands, but i sourced it back. Nice difference in power compared to the 2k. Def made the sa 12's come alive. so i just couldn't resist....

LOL @ 1:11

Edited by Hostility

:morepower1: Sweet!!!!

excellent :fing34:

Well I should have to 3500 in soon. For now we did some playing and I managed a 149.2 so far on music Usac style on music. The odd thing is if I burp my score is lower....... :WTFBubble:

Edited by traks

hmm weird, never heard of that, did you try with different tones? what were you peaking at?

I think I was peaking at 44hz. Ill have a vid as soon as my buddie uploads it. Did a 45hz and 46hz tone was all. Still thought it was odd,but no big deal id rather do it on music anyways :).

Also spent the afternoon tearing the truck down and redoing somethings. Also will be building a new box this week for a show saturday. Going to get that 150 dangit!!

2011-04-17_15-24-26_90.jpg

2011-04-17_17-12-55_402.jpg

2011-04-17_17-13-24_450.jpg

2011-04-17_17-18-53_76.jpg