ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

For those that don't know, Sold the jeep, decided to get something somewhat sporty with enough cargo room for a nice substage.

Behold the 2002 volvo v40...

side.JPG

stockfront.JPG

Front tires have several 2" long slits, ordered some bridgestone potenzas for the front & rear.

stockwheels&tires.JPG

rear.JPG

The cargo area for substage...

cargoarea.JPG

Drivers are undecided, well see what happens :P

Before:

beforegrill.JPG

During:

painting.JPG

Black chrome paint on embem:

paintingemblem.JPG

All done

paintedgrill.JPG

newgrilldirect.JPG

newgrilldark.JPG

sideshot.JPG

And my fathers car... :)

c30.JPG

By the end of this week they'll be new tires, powder-coated wheels black, and windows tinted.

On order: new fuel pressure regulator, alpine-cde 102 headunit, dashkit, and wire.

Have to contact DC Power about swapping cases on my current alt to fit this.

Think that's it for now :)

:popcorn: Looking good!!

What paint did you use? I've been looking for black chrome emblems everywhere and this looks like a good substitute!

Whatcha doing with those Lowel lights?

:popcorn: Looking good!!

What paint did you use? I've been looking for black chrome emblems everywhere and this looks like a good substitute!

I used Duplicolor Metalcast for the emblem ;)

Whatcha doing with those Lowel lights?

umm using them to bake the paint? :P

My dad is a photographer.

I see. He is probably kicking your ass for using his lights for heat lamps lol

Sick car man... What did you end up spending if you don't mind me asking??? :popcorn:

I see. He is probably kicking your ass for using his lights for heat lamps lol

Nah he doesn't care, used'm for when we painted his grill and what not. :)

Sick car man... What did you end up spending if you don't mind me asking??? :popcorn:

I got the car for $4900 :D (86k miles). Timing belt was just changed, checking dealership record to see if the tensioner was also changed. New air filter, ordered iridium spark plugs, and a few other maintenance stuff.

Cleaned the maf sensors and throttle body this afternoon, everything has been in good shape.

Contemplating whether or not to switch to a 3" downpipe for the turbo, supposedly it lessens the turbo lag and adds a tad more power...

Looks like a good start for a nice progect! I know the comfort level of the Volvo is going to be better than the Jeep. Bring on the goodies!! :popcorn:

Looks like a good start for a nice progect! I know the comfort level of the Volvo is going to be better than the Jeep. Bring on the goodies!! :popcorn:

hell yeah! Drove it back from phx for about 2hrs at 90mph and it cruised, gas mileage is awesome too :D

crazy deal man!

Lovin' it! It's funny how similar the wagon version of my car looks, I actually wish I had it. I'm excited to see what you've got planned.

SCORE! Wish you had 5 lug, the S60R wheels would look sick on there!

WAGON FTMFW!!!!!!! :D

GREAT deal too man.

i love my wagon. cant wait to see whats in order!

what is planned for sub-stage? :attempt::morepower1:

Edited by swagger_wagon468

SCORE! Wish you had 5 lug, the S60R wheels would look sick on there!

Yeah, but I think these stock ones should look pretty good once their powder-coated ;)

GREAT deal too man.

Well I'm not sure if I can really afford to dish out $800 for xcons atm, so I'm leaning towards icons, but I believe their out of stock since their making the new ones. So not sure.

Depending on if DC Power can swap cases on my current alt, I'll likely run a saz3500d or cres3kwp. If they can't make an alt that fits, I'll run a couple extra batteries and use a saz1500d.

Enclosure is being made now :)

Like the switch jeep to a volvo thats what im talking about!!!!

Enjoy the sweet luxury ride.

good deal on a nice car, is there as much plastic inside those as there was in the 90s models?

good deal on a nice car, is there as much plastic inside those as there was in the 90s models?

interiors nice enough for me, especially coming from a tincan :P Interior is pleather and plastic haha

GREAT deal too man.

Well I'm not sure if I can really afford to dish out $800 for xcons atm, so I'm leaning towards icons, but I believe their out of stock since their making the new ones. So not sure.

Depending on if DC Power can swap cases on my current alt, I'll likely run a saz3500d or cres3kwp. If they can't make an alt that fits, I'll run a couple extra batteries and use a saz1500d.

YAY!

im sure that if i can (and going to) get a 270xp, for my 94 Camry.. then they can make one for you. (my stock is 80amp. HA!!)

a 270xp would do, right?

GREAT deal too man.

YAY!

im sure that if i can (and going to) get a 270xp, for my 94 Camry.. then they can make one for you. (my stock is 80amp. HA!!)

a 270xp would do, right?

My current dc alt is a 270xp, they would just swap internals into a new case. I just gotta call'm on Monday and see if they can do it :P Only bummer is I won't be able to install it, so I have to pay a shop to do it...