ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

good deal on a nice car, is there as much plastic inside those as there was in the 90s models?

Never really realized that alot of plastic in both of my 92's! Specially those little door pockets i always break them with my feet getting out!

Why cant you do it yourself? really hard to get to?

Have to put the car on ramps to have enough space to get to it, I don't have the room to use ramps.

And to be honest, it's just a pain in the ass getting to the alt on this car, have to move the ac compressor, radiator, and a few other things.

Update, currently DC doesn't have a case for my alt, so I'm selling it and I'll get some xs batts in a few weeks.

Got the wheels back and windows tinted:

DSC_0022.JPG

wheels.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

reartint.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

stockhu.JPG

nodash.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Installed alpine cde102, same model I had in the jeep :)

hu.JPG

Remote turn on and rcas are ran to the cargo already.

Ran some wire from the firewall/engine bay to the passenger seat, still have to run it under all the seats to the cargo area.

Got a saz1500d coming next week. Thanks Sean DeYoung.

Also have some 5 1/4" hertz coaxial speakers coming for the front doors, nothing fancy.

That's it for now :)

And the transformation begins! Wheels look good. :popcorn:

And the transformation begins! Wheels look good. :popcorn:

heh thanks, little by little :D

Looking good. Are you going to change any of the suspension?

Yes, I'll have to put some stiffer / slightly longer springs in the rear for the sub stage weight. When I do it I'll probably change the front as well, and replace all the shocks to Bilstiens or something similar.

Still need to order HIDs and a few other things, but it's gonna be a while

nice cummins with the walkers in the background! :drink40:

heh thanks, it's pretty fun to drive too :P

nice ... what tint did you end up getting? just curious...

nice ... what tint did you end up getting? just curious...

For the front side windows he wrote 35 but said it's actually darker (when he did it he asked, legal or darker? and I said darker)

rear side and back window are 04

dayum!!

It's dark enough for me :P

I was just hoping I didn't get pulled over for speeding for the next two days after tint (can't roll down windows), or I'd have to open the door and they'd go ape shit :peepwall:

you'll be on the AZ news getting a beat down on the freeway.... lol ...

you'll be on the AZ news getting a beat down on the freeway.... lol ...

Just a matter of time :P

Actually the freeway was all screwed today, luckily the direction I was headed wasn't affected, looked like a car was hit and caught on fire...

dayum... I bet it was that zkrap kid who yelled at me a while back about not knowing what a gain setting is.... That idiot!!!

Looken good man cant wait to see you finish it up. I know the sub stage will be killer!

Love your dad's car. Just something about them, but then again, i like most all Volvos. I've thought about doing some powder coating.. Need to look into pricing. Is it expensive (i know it's a locaton/shop type of thing, just curious)?

Great build coming along! I miss my S40

Love your dad's car. Just something about them, but then again, i like most all Volvos. I've thought about doing some powder coating.. Need to look into pricing. Is it expensive (i know it's a locaton/shop type of thing, just curious)?

Most shops have a minimum job price. Meaning if you want something done it's $100. But they'll do multiple things for the same price. If your talking about small parts. Wheels I checked locally and they wanted $200 for a set of four wheels. If you have room. You could powder coat yourself for a few hundred dollars. You need an old oven, a sand blaster, powder coat gun and powder. You can pick up a sand blaster and powder coat gun and powder for about 175 at harbour freight. Then get a beat up old oven and find a 220v outlet to plug it into.

Looken good man cant wait to see you finish it up. I know the sub stage will be killer!

haha thanks to someone :drink40:

Well my dad got his done at a local shop and the lady who runs it remembered him from High School, so I don't know if she gave him a discount or not. His wheels were like $350 (i think his wheels are 16 or 17 i don't remember).

We went back and got mine done, they charged $275 :P