Valhalla

Sundown Audio Rebuild - Blowthru to WALKTHRU!!!!!

Lookin" so Sweet!! :morepower1:

And this is your DD? :trippy:

I was having a lot of problems with the vibration at the headunit. The HU kept shutting off at about mid volume, I could never turn it up. So I have set out to build a console for the HU to set on my tranny hump! Still rough, needs to be glassed and painted, and im probly going to add a couple neat little things to it but heres the general idea lol. It works great so far!

IMG_20110406_170601.jpg

IMG_20110406_170655.jpg

That's just ridiculous, so loud that the hu shuts off... Tuned in to see how the center console comes out. and videos... :P

That's just ridiculous, so loud that the hu shuts off... Tuned in to see how the center console comes out. and videos... :P

Yeah its annoying lol XD I guess I asked for it tho. lol

Yeah, nature of the beast, at least it's a good thing :D

LOL its a very good thing

Hopefully your center console housing will stop it from shutting off. I know there's these bolts that have rubber in the center, so what ever you screw it down to, the vibration is some what isolated. May help...

I'll have to look on Mccar master or something to find'm

Or you could take out a few drivers and ship'm my way, whichever way works best for you. :D

Hopefully your center console housing will stop it from shutting off. I know there's these bolts that have rubber in the center, so what ever you screw it down to, the vibration is some what isolated. May help...

Or you could take out a few drivers and ship'm my way, whichever way works best for you. :D

XD I dont know about taking out any drivers :P but the shock bolts sound like a good idea!

I know there's these bolts that have rubber in the center, so what ever you screw it down to, the vibration is some what isolated. May help...

Yes. I use those for several things. I bought these to mount my fuel pump on the supra. The pump I have is huge and sounds like a chainsaw. If you mount it directly to the plate it vibrates the whole car and is loud as hell.

acc-49012_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-49012

I know there's these bolts that have rubber in the center, so what ever you screw it down to, the vibration is some what isolated. May help...

Yes. I use those for several things. I bought these to mount my fuel pump on the supra. The pump I have is huge and sounds like a chainsaw. If you mount it directly to the plate it vibrates the whole car and is loud as hell.

acc-49012_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-49012

How soft/hard are those rubber bushings?

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm! Great to see walkthrus being done. Sweet mini and a killer job!

Any updates?? Did you get the HU problem worked out? Waitin' for more!

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm! Great to see walkthrus being done. Sweet mini and a killer job!

Thanks man I appreciate it alot.

Any updates?? Did you get the HU problem worked out? Waitin' for more!

All gear is still pulled out, but everything will be reinstalled mon, with more power. Like posted earlier we did initial testing with 2 3500s, now we are going to up it a little bit to about 11k rms, and test there. Vids for sure so stay tuned

And for everyone that likes this build , the best compliment you can give me right now would be to go over to SMD and vote for me Valhalla for SOTM. I still run a stock alt and could really use a HO alt. which is the prize for the winner. So vote for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

just went through the whole thread. epic build and its amazing at the speed that this build is going. :morepower1:

Edited by Bobobass

Def going over to smd and voting ;)

:drink40:

When can we vote for sotm?

They are "medium" lol. They are designed to mount ignition boxes in the engine bay to isolate from vibration. I have seen some that are softer, but the way it is mounted in my application I couldn't use them.

They also make some that are silicone filled, they are super soft but not near as cheap.

just went through the whole thread. epic build and its amazing at the speed that this build is going. :morepower1:

Thanks bro, I like most dont like waiting for builds like this to get done so I speed it up as much as possible!

You the man! I appreciate it!

Videos or you got these pics off google

XD the vids will be coming, Im reinstalling everything on Mon. along with more amps and power. I also will be beefing up the leaf springs. I PUT THESE PICS ON GOODLE :P

When can we vote for sotm?

I believe the voting starts on the 21st. But not completely sure so check in every so often!

Amazing enclosure, so much wood and subs. :drink40:

Thank you! Yes we used many full sheets of MDF and a large # of 2/4's

They are "medium" lol. They are designed to mount ignition boxes in the engine bay to isolate from vibration. I have seen some that are softer, but the way it is mounted in my application I couldn't use them.They also make some that are silicone filled, they are super soft but not near as cheap.

Im going to look into these because they sound like something that would be just right for this app. Thanks for the idea bud. ;)

I decided to go and buy a Trans cooler, I know this truck is not supposed to carry around this kind of weight. So heres to keeping to tranny cool!

IMG_20110415_130310.jpg

IMG_20110415_130354.jpg