i hate mdf and skilll saws..i meausured everything out and then i cut it and then it all ends up messed up.. i dont understand what i did grr i have to redue everything! i hate this

measure twice, cut once - makes for easy assembly. Just take Your time and hopefully You'll find box building is fun too.

jordan, dont worry it takes practice and experience, it took me a good amount of boxes till I had a few that I felt comfortable showing to friends online

(moving to fabrication section)

planning out my boxes took about 100x as much time as actually cutting/assembling. Plan everything out, draw it out and things will turn out much better. Remember that if you use 3/4 MDF and you're making a square, not all the sides are going to be cut the same length (two pieces should be ~1.5" less than the other two. If you're struggling with straight lines, i usually find a straight board, and clamp it to use as a guide. (the guide on my saw was 1.5" from the blade, so if i clamped the guide down 1.5" away i could run the saw with the guide pressed right up against the board, perfectly straight cuts every time)

Most of all, don't get upset, seems like every time i messed up, it was something simple but i was so pissed i looked right over it.

I give you props anyways.

I dont know any girls that would make their own enclosure

Dont worry either, you should see Flakko's old enclosure...eeek !

don't worry, it's good enough that you are "actually" building your own. Most people won't even do that. So props.

I give you props anyways.

I dont know any girls that would make their own enclosure

Dont worry either, you should see Flakko's old enclosure...eeek !

box56iy.jpg

^^^Lookie at the "circle"

again with the pic lol

the first box i built i didnt take into account for the wood

2nd one my cutting skills were somewhat lack luster

3rd came together decent

4th looked damn fine

5th i began countersinking screws..

u get the picture

u get better with practice

thanks yall i put my pics in the showoff section under...my first sub box so far.. theres 3 pics of how it looks so far still gots wokr to do tommorow tho

First box I built 8 years ago was made of particle board & plywood.

Everyone learns from making mistakes. What you make of those mistakes matters most.

First box I built 8 years ago was made of particle board & plywood.

Everyone learns from making mistakes. What you make of those mistakes matters most.

Mine was Caulk and PB. More caulk than anything.

Now, as for your enclosure. It should still work. Assuming you didn't account for the blade thickness on all cuts, they should all be in proportion to your plans, just on a smaller scale. You will have slightly less volume, but I doubt you'll notice it.

If you want first box horrors. I, being extremely diligent, planned a perfect box with the slope of the rear deck to maximize space in one of my cars. I then setup the radial arm saw with a right angle to make sure everything was squared up. After making all the cuts I assembled the box, but my framing square was off by over 5 degrees which really, really left big gaps in the wrong places. It will get easier, you have to do it to learn!

If you want first box horrors. I, being extremely diligent, planned a perfect box with the slope of the rear deck to maximize space in one of my cars. I then setup the radial arm saw with a right angle to make sure everything was squared up. After making all the cuts I assembled the box, but my framing square was off by over 5 degrees which really, really left big gaps in the wrong places. It will get easier, you have to do it to learn!