Dan208

Sooo, apparently the 10" Dcon isn't good?

I was asking a question on "that other forum" about some different setups and this was one of the replies that I got:

btw, with your 10" in that enclosure you have now you're getting about -2.7db across the board, thats a super inefficient box for that sub, but thats not a very good sub so im not suprised, but suprisingly, the 12" version of that is a much better sub, you dont see that often

So the 10" Dcon isn't a good sub, and the enclosure built to optimal specs isn't efficient? :shrug:

Didnt you hear!! It needs to be built to his exact specs!! Not the ones that are from the designers!! Just messin! But well man you will get it everywhere, ask him if he can provide any further explanation as to the reason why? If you care enough?

Didnt you hear!! It needs to be built to his exact specs!! Not the ones that are from the designers!! Just messin! But well man you will get it everywhere, ask him if he can provide any further explanation as to the reason why? If you care enough?

I asked him to explain and he hasn't replied back. Not that I care, because I know it's a good sub. I'd just like his "explanation".

There is no difference between the 10" and 12", except cone size, which would also dictate proper enclosure volume.

So basically, his point is contradictory in regards to it being a inefficient driver at 10" but good at 12"

There is no difference between the 10" and 12", except cone size, which would also dictate proper enclosure volume.

So basically, his point is contradictory in regards to it being a inefficient driver at 10" but good at 12"

I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd, but it didn't make much sense to me either.

I'm almost thinking this guy doesn't understand fully what he is saying. Or what understand the program he is using.

As I didn't see where you posted any box specs of your enclosure. So how did he model info you didn't provide?

And also he said that -3dB is not audible, so .3 dBs differences of -2.7dBs shouldn't be audible either.

But I assume you can hear your setup now?

I like how he has a program that can magically gives out the SPL by just giving T/S specs and boxes specs, and if he added the power you have also.

I think he could make a good living by offering people advise on which setup will be loudest before people spend all that time testing, and wasting money on products.

My thoughts exactly...

You guys make me laugh. The DCON is not a good sub and that is a fact.

It's a GREAT subwoofer, ESPECIALLY at such a low price point.

:dancing:

You guys make me laugh. The DCON is not a good sub and that is a fact.

It's a GREAT subwoofer, ESPECIALLY at such a low price point.

:dancing:

I was about to comment "Ha, I see what you did there!" Then I scrolled down and read the rest :D

Subjective poop from a retard.

The person on the other site is an asshat. Just another typical hater! His calculations look like he pulled them right outta his ass!

What matters most is that you like it!

I have the 10" as well and absolutely love it!

SSA FTMFW!

i take this is from caca.org?

(punintended)

:ohnoes9:

i take this is from caca.org?

(punintended)

:ohnoes9:

:roflmao:

More than likely! More fanboys over there than anywhere I have seen.

There's plenty of fanboys on here too.

So whose this guy if everyone knows. I don't see what the secrecy is all about.

And Nick, you gotta hit me up on the celly? lol.

Well of course there are :P

But sometimes a few over there can be a little over the top. **coughs** Wenn or Xander or what ever he goes by **coughs**

Found your sub yesterday..making a label for it right now...should see movement tonight...sending you a tracker now too.

Found your sub yesterday..making a label for it right now...should see movement tonight...sending you a tracker now too.

Just go ahead and give me a shelf in the shop. :gift:

My XCON isnt very good either. It is really pissing off my fiance :)

How did I guess it was that guy. lol.

Very knowledgeble but he has something against anything Fi,AA and SSA and will slam everytime he can. Must be the DD Nuts he hugs lol.