sundownz

Amplifier Stock News (Announcement Inside)

SAX-1200D : Sold out - more due in 3-4 weeks.

SAZ-1500D v.2 : Sold out - ETA pending.

SAZ-4500D : Sold out and discontinued. We have opted to cease production on the 4500D now that stock is depleted.

ANNOUNCEMENT :

The 4500D is stepping down as our flag-ship amplifier to be replaced by a new, more powerful unit... the "NS-1" -- more details to follow.

I just can't keep up with the changes and progress of the Sundown products. Good Stuff!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

because you have eliminated the 4500D?

I hope it will be replaced soon

There is one for your order -- I counted remaining stock and all pending orders can be filled.

We will replace it within 3-4 months with the NS-1 model.

I hate to be a nosey nellie but will it still retain the classic Sundown Casing?

NS-1 = the 4500?? No way, it's gotta be better, that's the Sundown way!

I hate to be a nosey nellie but will it still retain the classic Sundown Casing?

It will retain the 4500D casing -- which is quite similar to the other amps but wider.

Much more powerful... not a crazy big amp that is totally impractical... but will be very useful for many large builds.

Much more powerful... not a crazy big amp that is totally impractical... but will be very useful for many large builds.

Thought so. :D

very cool! I guess sundown audio is doing good again! like always!

There is one for your order -- I counted remaining stock and all pending orders can be filled.

you can delete from my order, I can not buy components that are not then in production

if I buy a component test, and then I can not order it to sell it, it makes no sense

I hope before the summer is replaced with a better amplifier

It will retain the 4500D casing -- which is quite similar to the other amps but wider.

If the same buildhouse as the 4500D go with the Sundown blue circuit board :)

good news, anything happening to the 3500d's before I purchase one? Im siked to see what the NS-1 is all about, leak some info Jacob. :attempt:

3500's will be a mainstay as it's an exclusive Sundown board. Let's just say the new "NS-1" will be an amazing competition amplifier.

good news, anything happening to the 3500d's before I purchase one? Im siked to see what the NS-1 is all about, leak some info Jacob. :attempt:

I have not started on nor am I currently planning any revisions for the 3500D at this time.

Edited by sundownz

I totally understand dropping the 4500d, seems a couple of other companies are using that board now.

It always seems Sundown has the boards before most and then by the time the other companies come out with them, Sundown has already moved on to bigger and better things.

I'm anxious to hear the details.

I have not started on nor am I currently planning any revisions for the 3500D at this time.

Good news Jacob, glad to hear that.

The 3500D was our first fully custom tooled board for Sundown -- it turned out great :)

Then we went on to do the 2500D, 1500D v.2, and SAX-1200D boards... and now the NS-1 so the full Class-D line will be tooled up how we want it.

If I do anything to the 3500D it would be next year at the earliest.

I totally understand dropping the 4500d, seems a couple of other companies are using that board now.

It always seems Sundown has the boards before most and then by the time the other companies come out with them, Sundown has already moved on to bigger and better things.

That's why Sundown is an innovator not an imitator :D

I'm not saying its a bad thing having a openly tooled board, but when the company acts like it is far better than the rest WITH the same or very similar board. That's what gets me.

Jake, is Sundown planning on release any other amps in the future? Or is the line pretty full for the moment?

I'm ready to see what the sister company has to offer...You ever get any protos for these?

I'm not saying its a bad thing having a openly tooled board, but when the company acts like it is far better than the rest WITH the same or very similar board. That's what gets me.

Jake, is Sundown planning on release any other amps in the future? Or is the line pretty full for the moment?

I'm ready to see what the sister company has to offer...You ever get any protos for these?

I have several smaller amps planned for Sundown -- on the big side I may do a large two channel.

For Obsidian -- I should have prototypes in the near future.